Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau and the Fall of Medusa
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2006, 14:40   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tau and the Fall of Medusa

After reading the little campaign information that we have, it's obvious that the Tau will be involved in the new campaign.

In the last campaign we were, unfortunately, unable to take a direct part, but were able to start the Third Phase Colonies. Those that fought in it for the Greater Good will remember some of excellent information and fun that was on those boards, specifically Sa'cea Sally.

Disorder were the ultimate winners in the EOT campaign becuase of one reason. They were more organized then order.

To that point, I would like to make a sudgestion, hopefully to the people that run this website.

Let this website be a place to organize for the campaign. Make a new area just for it. Everyone that is interested, add the location of it to our sigs on other websites, so that we can have one place to talk about tactics, and how to win the campaign. We are about to have the newest codex, we need to use it... for the greater good.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 14:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: Tau and the Fall of Medusa

I will have moved to Canada by the time the Campaign starts officially (July, apparantly)...so I should have a full and tested Tau army ready. I've not gotten into a global campaign since my Flesh Tearers hit the sands of Armageddon with the Orks attacking...heh...even got themselves a bit of global infamy and lasting worldwide fluff it seems...at the Gaius Point Massacre. Didn't happen in my store, mind you, we were defending something else...but still, that was fun all the same.

I hope this board gets organised for it...I will be fighting lots of battles in Vancouver after I move...so expect to hear a lot about them here :P

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I am pretty sure this board will set some thing up for it. thought i dont think it matters who win because its all ready deside its called "the Fall..."
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Elcampbello

The EoT was awsome. So much money used on internet cafes....

But yep, we defenetly need to be way more oragnised than anuthing from EoT to win.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Well, what a great idea. Could we get a moderator over here to take a little look?

This might seem a little dumb, but anyway. At school, we have learned that what makes a country's military strength is 3 things:
1. Political will
2. Manpower
3. Economy

Now, applying this to warhammer 40k, we see that we are the manpower, we've had the economy to buy our models, now it's time to organize- the first part: Political will. The sooner we'll be able to organize, the better we'll be prepared for the upcoming campaign. I'd say let's get Tau organized ASAP, and to do that, we need a forum.

'Upcoming campaign(s)' would be a fitting title. We could organize battles, post battle reports, locate each other etc. It would really be great.

So, would a mod care to take a look at this? Of course, it depends upon the level of interest this thread/upcoming forum will get. I hope and believe people will find it of great value.

~Olannon
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

Ah, the lovely Eye of Terror Campaign. The Kor were just release on about day six, I started playing day seven, I didn't lose a battle since... O0

I quite enjoy the 40k Campaigns, alot more of a feel to them (IMO) than he Fantasy Ones. I quite like it all. Anyone know if BFG and Epic are involved?

Xisor
Old 14 Feb 2006, 16:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I will be looking to find regular gaming in Vancouver around that time...and so anyone there I hope to play sometime. I think that for online, the most we can do is regularly enter our battle results and try to organise group games if anyone is close to each other in real-life...

Posting battle reports, writing fluff and the like really add to the enjoyment of the campaign and is what I personally love about them (RP campaigns are the only real gaming involvement I've had for a long time). Even if our side loses, we can proudly say it wasn't us that dropped the ball...just like Australia in Vietnam

Old 14 Feb 2006, 16:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Check out http://uk.games-workshop.com/events/...aign%20weekend and click download players guide for some information about the various factions and goals.* Some reason I can't copy and paste of the pdf file though.

Edit by RJay: Fixed link, GW don't like websites linking directly to their pdf's.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 16:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

That whole thing looks pretty awesome...especially if even THAT is just a preview campaign. I drool to think of the real deal ^-^

Old 14 Feb 2006, 16:57   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

If it is run the same way as the EOT Campaign, I think it would be great if we set up a sub-forum for it. We wouldn't be able to ensure the same kind of security that GW does (only players registered as Tau in the campaign can see the Tau war room), but we could definitely help out.

Is this actually going to be a full internet campaign, though? I wasn't sure whether they were running it like EOT or Armageddon or if it was just going to be a Rogue Trader/Hobby Center Campaign.
Closed Thread