hi all i played my first 500 points game against necrons and won
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: my first game with tau and i won

Neat, but do you have any details? :P
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

well here is the details first turn to me and i shoot down the necron wariors with pulse rilfes and then broadside kills the lord then on my secound turn i blast some necron wariors with burst cannon from xv8 battlesuit then fusion blaster shot the destroyer
Old 14 Feb 2006, 14:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: My first game with Tau and I won

the burst cannon on the XV8 shot the warriors ... the same XV8's fusion blasted a destroyer, all in the same turn? sorry mate thats illegal.

thought how about next time your talking about a match try to give more detail look around for Battle reports to see what i mean.

my first game was against necrons... attuly it was a 4 th way game and one of the oppents was necrons thought i'd kill a lot of them. good job may your wining style continue
Old 14 Feb 2006, 14:36   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

maybe he had a multitracker. :
Old 14 Feb 2006, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesme
maybe he had a multitracker. :
its still illigal to shoot different units with one model in one shooting even if he has a multi traker. the only way that possible is with a advance target lock and there is only one tau girl has which has that toy.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 16:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I feel obligated to note that due to the inaccuracy of event descriptions it is impossible to know the amount of battlesuits involved. ;D

Old 14 Feb 2006, 17:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Example of a battle report. I'll do a quickly on the vanilla space marine slaughter.
first you list what was in your army
3 broadsides tl pl,multi, (one of them was up graded to teamleader w/ target lock) bd
2 Hammerheads Rail, Multi, Decoy
10 fire warriors
10 fire warriors
10 kroot
10 kroot
6 stealth suits bd
6 stealth suits bd
3 crisis multi, pl, mp, bd
1 Shas'el 2 bodyguard multi,pl,mp, bd
3 Piranhas advanced targeting, decoy, fusion

64 models

Space marine Vanilla ( I really don't remember his list but taking a wag here)
1 Whirlwind
1 Predator Annihilator
10 marines w/ rhino
10 marines w/ rhino
10 assault marines
10 terminators
3 land speeders

Really don't remember his HQ was to busy shooting at everything that moved

We was playing a simple cleanse mission with the long board edge. I prefer quarters but oh well. We was playing in a human city that the tau has decimated my continuous bombing. The tau who had won the first turn was moving in the city to try to negotiate with the marine force the folly of there ways. The Tau didn't understand why was the humans was so antimate about joining Tau " For the Greater Good " of both races.

Turn1
I hid majority of my models behind or in buildings for cover. I was able to infiltrate a stealth team deep in enemy territory in an abandon building. Which was 11" away from one unit and 18" away from another. It worried out great due to one unit not being able to see them. Also they couldn't get assaulted which was also a +. I also infiltrated both kroot squads back with my troops and the other stealth team behind some rumble.

My army fired upon the humans. Both my Tanks and hammerheads fired upon his vehicle's what luck all I did was manage to stop all his vehicle's from shooting. Sigh hopefully I'll do better next turn. Both my stealth teams was able to kill 3 marines from two differant units. For some reason the marines decided not to be in the rhinos. My fire warriors took out a land raider and my kroot was cleaning their weapons. Well 3 dead marines and his vehicles can't shoot back plus one dead land raider joy.

Turn 1

The marine in their ultimate wisdom decided it was best to put the assault marines and terminators in reserve for deep striking. My Tau was happy for this turn of events and hope they come out late in the battle. Basically he tried to shoot my stealth suits for this turn. Thank goodness for holo-fields no casualties here.

Turn 2
With a concentrated fire with my tanks. I took out the Annihilator. My broadsides took out the remaining land speeders. I ignored the rhinos due to the fact they where empty. Also my stealth suits did a lot better and took out 6 marines this turn awesome. My crisis suits still out of range with plasma killed one marine with their missile pods. With 12 missile pod shots I'm bond to kill a marine eventually.

Turn 2
Will the marine gods bless the marines with back up with rolls of a 2 and 3 I guess not. with 6 marines left in one squad he decides to use one squad to enter a rhino. The other squad pulls the other rhino in front to block the punishment of the tau weapons. One squad fire a lasgun at one of my hammerheads taking out the main gun. While the 2 from the other squad open the rhino hatch to fire at the stealth suits with no avail. Lucky the stealth suits got a 3+ save and the plasma pistol missed. Kinda dirty he tried to tank shock them.

Turn 3
Two of my piranhas get behind the rhino with the troops inside blowing it to pieces killing 4 marines the other two was taken out by tau fire power who happened to be in range now. The other tank was destroyed by the other piranha. And the rest of my army made mince meat out of the remaining marines.

Turn 3
This is why I rarely deep strike he rolled 2 ones like if they come out they would be much help at this point. His very inaccurate whirlwind fires and misses. Hiding behind the building the whole game.

Turn 4
the only obstacle left was the whirlwind so my Mobile units headed toward this unit to silence it's barrage.

Turn 4
At this point you think you'll should be able to get something to deep strike two ones again. The Tau directive to take this city is obviously a blessing and a sign that the marines shouldn't be there. With only a whirlwind with the tau closing and the armies only lost is a rail gun. The Crew of the tank realeased several grenades and allowed them to explode blowing up the whirl wind. The assault marines and the terminators decided the battle was lost and left toward command.

The Tau easily took the city with no lost of life and ordered a replacement rail gun for the hammerhead. The Ethereal blessed this unit of tau and prayed that all Tau engagements can end this way.

Synopsis: When playing marines keep you troops in the transports also should had assault marines and terminators on the field. Buy these 20 units being of field it was quite one sided. By the time they would had came to the field they would had been slaughtered. Also The marine player should throw those dice away. Never seen so many ones and twos rolled so many times.

Tau tactics well I disrupt his whole army with 12 stealth suits. Even the whirlwind was shooting at them. The marines concentrated on my distractor why I took him out with my other units. After turn one I was using broadsides to kill marines at that point. I knew I had the victory. I was worried about the deep striker's slightly. I feel even in turn 2 they wouldn't had made much difference. With all that double tap love they would had been gone.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 18:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

[quote=Lanfeix]
the burst cannon on the XV8 shot the warriors ... the same XV8's fusion blasted a destroyer, all in the same turn?

there were two xv8s
Old 15 Feb 2006, 01:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hopefully they have target locks.

Not to be mean or anything. Mixing a Fusion blaster Crisis with a burst cannon one is not a very good idea.
Closed Thread