Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How much is the LD -1 worth per shoot
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2006, 12:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default How much is the LD -1 worth per shoot

assuming the a sniper team costing 80 gets a pining check so our pining check costs 80 for MEQs (i am ignoring the teams markerlight for the moment). for GEQ we have gundrone squadron coming in at 48 min for a pin.

LD 10
chance of failing : 1/12
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 960 Price difference to Ld +1 above N/a
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 960 Price difference to Ld +1 above N/a

LD 9
chance of failing : 1/6
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 480 Price difference to Ld +1 above 480
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 288 Price difference to Ld +1 above 288

LD 8
chance of failing : 5/18
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 288 Price difference to Ld +1 above 192
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 172 4/5 Price difference to Ld +1 above 115 1/5

LD 7
chance of failing : 5/12
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 192 Price difference to Ld +1 above 96
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 115 1/5 Price difference to Ld +1 above 57 3/5

LD 6
chance of failing : 7/12
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 137 1/7 Price difference to Ld +1 above 54 6/7
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 82 2/7 Price difference to Ld +1 above 32 32/35

LD 5
chance of failing : 13/18
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 110 10/13 Price difference to Ld +1 above 26 34/91
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 66 6/13 Price difference to Ld +1 above 15 75/91

LD 4
chance of failing : 5/6
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 96 Price difference to Ld +1 above 14 10/13
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 57 3/5 Price difference to Ld +1 above 8 56/65

LD 3
chance of failing : 11/12
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 87 3/11 Price difference to Ld +1 above 8 8/11
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 52 4/11 Price difference to Ld +1 above 5 13/55

LD 2
chance of failing : 35/36
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 82 2/7 Price difference to Ld +1 above 4 76/77
cost of pining checks for MEQ : 49 13/35 Price difference to Ld +1 above 2 382/385

few that took a long time.

now i know you all think it funny to reduce necrons down to LD 2 but is there a piont thats what i am trying to work out.

i think looking at this once the price of difference falls under the price of the marker light i think it is a waste of time. thought i will produce more data later on, i am thirty be back soon

Old 14 Feb 2006, 12:51   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: How much is the LD -1 worth per shoot

Too much math! Too much math! Remember boys, even though the troops are taking the morale tests, its the commander (player) who gets demoralized when when his high leadership troops go to ground. Once that happens once or twice, your opponent will (hopefully) start making tactical mistakes which you can capitalize on later. This game is about psyching out your opponent as much as the numbers involved.
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Longshot
Too much math! Too much math! Remember boys, even though the troops are taking the morale tests, its the commander (player) who gets demoralized when when his high leadership troops go to ground. Once that happens once or twice, your opponent will (hopefully) start making tactical mistakes which you can capitalize on later. This game is about psyching out your opponent as much as the numbers involved.
i know there is far too much maths i'am currently working on it to simple make sense . igree that removing somethings powerful LD unit from the game can realy destory moral. thinking about that kinda of animal (the now angry player) he going to counter and try and destroy the markers or the pining unit. the pining unit if it is the drones will have stealth sheilds so they wont be shoot at or just wasted. if you used pathfinders for the pin then your may as well write them off. if they can't blow the crap out off them, then that turn get in the fish and scram. thought if you used stealth team with marker drones your a jammy dogger (thats just givin me an idea).

right heres an idea have a full stealth team with as many markers as possible and a sniper team. you can add more stealth or sniper teams if you like and if facing guard i suggest stealth team with gun drones instead of a sniper drone team. set up far away from the enemy then when comes in range marker light them then reduce the LD then pin them. it may cost 640 but it will just irriate people to hell sort of thing i would do on a mega battle
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
its the commander (player) who gets demoralized when when his high leadership troops go to ground. Once that happens once or twice, your opponent will (hopefully) start making tactical mistakes which you can capitalize on later.
Your opponent will also get demoralized when you've got 2 rapid-firing Firewarrior teams hitting on a 2+...

I agree Lanfeix. As cool as the pinning ability sounds, I'd much rather just kill more stuff.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:41   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Remember that your opponent takes 1 pinning check per unit that caused a casualty. So if you caused casualties with 2 different teams, your opponent takes 2 pinning checks, even before he takes his check for being (hopefully) under 25/50% O0
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0nkaTruckDriver
I agree Lanfeix. As cool as the pinning ability sounds, I'd much rather just kill more stuff.
hey there nothing wrong with blowing things to smitherines#

i got some math i working on and i think the viable turning piont is LD7 to LD 6 its attualy a bell curve result i've got . LD 10 to LD 9 is the best saving but LD 10 is all ways viable to reduce.

Quote:
Remember that your opponent takes 1 pinning check per unit that caused a casualty. So if you caused casualties with 2 different teams, your opponent takes 2 pinning checks, even before he takes his check for being (hopefully) under 25/50% O0
arggh another thing i possibley need to caluctate. does the -1 work for all pining check or the just one units pining check???
Closed Thread