Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'Shova's Experience
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2006, 01:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default O'Shova's Experience

guys the O'shova Special character army looks good even with the drawbacks can someone tell me y even out of the few tau players out there even less play with him?

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 01:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: O'Shova's Experience

The old draw backs were much worse, and the one bonus much, much too expensive for what it did. Now its a much better army, very good infact. Autobond is an upgrade you can sink your teeth into. In my Case, dear god! I'm reduced to taking one each of a wide variety of great units. Which is what I've would have done to begin with lol.

I love Farsight. He is one of my favorite characters.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 01:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
The old draw backs were much worse, and the one bonus much, much too expensive for what it did. Now its a much better army, very good infact. Autobond is an upgrade you can sink your teeth into. In my Case, dear god! I'm reduced to taking one each of a wide variety of great units. Which is what I've would have done to begin with lol.

I love Farsight. He is one of my favorite characters.
I absolutely hate him, the only possible reason I see for him is in a very low point game, say 500-750. Reason being is that in those games you couldn't put down more than one of the units he takes away.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 01:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

O'shovah's army is for the player who wants the Battlesuit force more than anything else. Even under the old rules, O'shovah lent himself to a powerful infantry-heavy force, with suits galore racing and chasing about. Or, in other words, its the Tau equivalent to a Space Marine army.

Playing O'shovah is different than playing with the normal Tau forces. Mobility isn't sacrificed at all as Firewarriors can still mount up in Devilfish, and any points lost to a Hammerhead limitation can be made up (partly) through adding more Crisis suits and through the Smart Missile Systems that can be added to the Devilfish themselves.

I can say that O'Shovah is probably not played very much *at the moment*, but the new rules may change that considerably. In any case, it offers an existing Tau player a very different force to use, and a nice change of pace in armies, all without the added cost of actually purchasing said army!
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

When I saw the new units, my very first thoughts on the HS (the most bemoaned thing limited) that I would have 1 hammerhead, 3 Broad Sides and either a Skyray or Sniper drone team. The limitations don't affect me any really. My favorite thing about the Tau IS the Battle suites. My only misgiving is the limit on Stealth suites. For Commander Farsight, I'll get over it very quickly