Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is the new codex out yet?
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 671
Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default Is the new codex out yet?

guys ive seen tons of people talking about the new codex and rules and stuff not quoting rules or statlines but their talking about it alot is it out yet ???

if it is i really want to get it soon :-\
__________________

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Rogue_FireWarrior is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

it comes out sometime in early march
not out yet :'(
 
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,794
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

It comes out on march first.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Falstead: I don't think you can ever justify a T5 goat in a regular 40k game
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 1,954
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

to fully answer your question, Tau Empire Codex comes out mid March.

but the reason everyone seems to have inside knowledge is because most GW and even local game stores have a Store or Preview Copy available to thumb through! My local store got its preview codex last friday!

the reason no one is really spelling things out in here is not to tease or to be cruel, but because its forum rules not to give out GW copywrited material, much less copywrited material thats not released yet!!

__________________
Though I walk through the valley of the swarms of the clueless, I shall fear no idiocy, for the M-STAR flagged them 12 seconds ago, and the JDAMS are already freefalling.
Calaban is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:33   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 67
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

The Army Box releases around March 11th in the UK, and around the 16th in the US. The codex itself will release 2-3 weeks after that. Sorry
__________________
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Commander Longshot is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:35   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hopkinsville Kentcky
Posts: 53
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Longshot
The Army Box releases around March 11th in the UK, and around the 16th in the US. The codex itself will release 2-3 weeks after that. Sorry
That's odd to release new Tau and not have the information for another 2-3 weeks.
__________________
You didn't see me coming...
Courtyard Jester is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:42   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 42
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV15 Stealth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Longshot
The Army Box releases around March 11th in the UK, and around the 16th in the US. The codex itself will release 2-3 weeks after that. Sorry
That's odd to release new Tau and not have the information for another 2-3 weeks.
The army box will come with a copy of the Codex, It will be available by its self 2-3 weeks latter.
__________________

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Dess is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:45   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 67
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

All ARMY box sets come with the codex. Not the Battalion box which will release around the time of the codex. The Army box comes with a new Ethereal, 3 xv25 stealth suits, 6 Vespid Stingwings and 1 Sniper Drone team. Plus a squad of Tau FW, a Devilfish and a squad of Kroot. ( I have 2 on preorder >) Please note that the xv25 (as a box set) probably will not release until spring/summer when Cityies of Death (Cityfight2) comes out.
__________________
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Commander Longshot is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 03:03   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hopkinsville Kentcky
Posts: 53
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Longshot
All ARMY box sets come with the codex. Not the Battalion box which will release around the time of the codex. The Army box comes with a new Ethereal, 3 xv25 stealth suits, 6 Vespid Stingwings and 1 Sniper Drone team. Plus a squad of Tau FW, a Devilfish and a squad of Kroot. ( I have 2 on preorder >) Please note that the xv25 (as a box set) probably will not release until spring/summer when Cityies of Death (Cityfight2) comes out.
The XV25 late release is ok, I dislike the way they look compared to the XV15s.
__________________
You didn't see me coming...
Courtyard Jester is offline  
Old 14 Feb 2006, 03:10   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 67
Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

They took some time to grow on me too. However, the fact that they are the next evolution of the stealth suit, are a little bigger, and the fact that you can give them 1 battlesuit support system (can you say +1 BS with a tareting array) pretty much made up my mind. They are plastic too, so that means easier conversions.
__________________
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Commander Longshot is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codex: Daemonhunters and Codex: Witch Hunters available as free downloads! Masked Thespian The Inquisition 0 24 Jun 2010 12:28
1500Pt Tourney list. (Generic Codex, maybe BA codex) ImperialScum Space Marines Army Lists 3 23 Mar 2010 14:00
Poject: Codex Ultimatus (Ultimate Codex) Emperor Zoron 40K Creations 8 27 Apr 2009 14:44
Codex Dark Angels: 5th edition, using Codex Space Marines Falstead House Rules 17 13 Oct 2008 23:20
Predator Codex testing/play testers wanted (thanks given in codex) The Return of LeeStar! House Rules 7 06 Nov 2006 08:45