Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is the new codex out yet?
Closed Thread
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default Is the new codex out yet?

guys ive seen tons of people talking about the new codex and rules and stuff not quoting rules or statlines but their talking about it alot is it out yet ???

if it is i really want to get it soon :-\

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: is the new codex out yet?

it comes out sometime in early march
not out yet :'(

Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

It comes out on march first.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

to fully answer your question, Tau Empire Codex comes out mid March.

but the reason everyone seems to have inside knowledge is because most GW and even local game stores have a Store or Preview Copy available to thumb through! My local store got its preview codex last friday!

the reason no one is really spelling things out in here is not to tease or to be cruel, but because its forum rules not to give out GW copywrited material, much less copywrited material thats not released yet!!

Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:33   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The Army Box releases around March 11th in the UK, and around the 16th in the US. The codex itself will release 2-3 weeks after that. Sorry
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:35   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Longshot
The Army Box releases around March 11th in the UK, and around the 16th in the US. The codex itself will release 2-3 weeks after that. Sorry
That's odd to release new Tau and not have the information for another 2-3 weeks.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:42   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV15 Stealth
Quote:
That's odd to release new Tau and not have the information for another 2-3 weeks.
The army box will come with a copy of the Codex, It will be available by its self 2-3 weeks latter.

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 02:45   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

All ARMY box sets come with the codex. Not the Battalion box which will release around the time of the codex. The Army box comes with a new Ethereal, 3 xv25 stealth suits, 6 Vespid Stingwings and 1 Sniper Drone team. Plus a squad of Tau FW, a Devilfish and a squad of Kroot. ( I have 2 on preorder >) Please note that the xv25 (as a box set) probably will not release until spring/summer when Cityies of Death (Cityfight2) comes out.
There are two kinds of conduct the Ethereals will not countenance. The first is a failure to reflect upon what is for the Greater Good of the Tau race. The second is the deliberate refusal to follow the path of the Greater Good when it is clear what it must be.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 03:03   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
All ARMY box sets come with the codex. Not the Battalion box which will release around the time of the codex. The Army box comes with a new Ethereal, 3 xv25 stealth suits, 6 Vespid Stingwings and 1 Sniper Drone team. Plus a squad of Tau FW, a Devilfish and a squad of Kroot. ( I have 2 on preorder >) Please note that the xv25 (as a box set) probably will not release until spring/summer when Cityies of Death (Cityfight2) comes out.
The XV25 late release is ok, I dislike the way they look compared to the XV15s.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 03:10   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

They took some time to grow on me too. However, the fact that they are the next evolution of the stealth suit, are a little bigger, and the fact that you can give them 1 battlesuit support system (can you say +1 BS with a tareting array) pretty much made up my mind. They are plastic too, so that means easier conversions.
Closed Thread