Warhammer 40K Forum

uh-oh spaggheti-oh
Closed Thread
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3
Default uh-oh spaggheti-oh

uh-oh spaggheti-oh ;D

thats exactly what that guard player was thinking the moment three stealth suits w sheild drone popped out from behind a jungle, sprayed em, and then ran like the tau that they are! 3 stealths=9 shots=8 wounds= 8 dead guard out of10!

this really helped me wake up to how good stealths can be when applied just right. i did this to 4 squads who were channeled between impassible terrain and a jungle, my 2fw picked of the remains from a hill. i know that this is good but do you have any other good tactics for stealths? i could use your opinion ;D
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: uh-oh spaggheti-oh

stealths + rear armor 10 = dead vehicle. Especially fun to use on something like a leman russ, which shrugs off railgun slugs. Getting behind the vehicle, however, is easier said than done.

Remember that if stealthsuits (or units equipped with jetpacks like stealths) end their movement phase in difficult terrain, they must take a dangerous terrain test. However, you can always walk like normal infantry in the movement phase instead... only to still use your assault move and retreat! So; walk into difficult terrain; blast guys on other side; jet back out of terrain and out of sight. Especially useful in cityfight or jungle warfare.

Drawing fire. If your opponent fears them, and you're a good guesser, jump them within ~16-17" of the enemy, then jump back to about 22". On average, his firepower will be greatly reduced when targeting the stealths... firepower wasted that could have been used elsewhere.

With the new codex, stealths can have fusion blasters. Haven't tried em out myself, but they now promise to be quite the tank hunters.

Infiltrate is your friend, deepstrike a last resort.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:25   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Infiltrate them down a side, and get rear armour shots on their rear armour, or provide markerlight and fire support.
Distraction: Keep them near the enemy and they will be so paranoid that they will shoot them, only to be thwarted by the stealth field.

Damn you Khaldun, you beat me to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 12:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Stealth suits, so many ways to use them... Mmmm, gotta love them.

First of all, before the battle begins, it is important you designate their role. For me this usually includes tieing up a unit or 2, or even a whole flank if I enough stealth suits. While the enemy cannot overlook 8 stealthsuits, the rest of my army can focus on the other flank, bringing enormous amounts of firepower to bear on a much smaller portion of the enemy army (say the stealths tie up units worth 500 pts, and some enemies are too far away to interfere, I could easily bring 1000 pts worth of units to fire on 500-->750 points of enemies, which *should* be dead in a couple of turns if I prioritize correctly).

They're sweet

~Olannon
Old 13 Feb 2006, 14:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I love stealths, and I haven't yet found a way for them not to be worth their cost, unless you do something really stupid, such as assaulting...

Sorry, can 't give you much more specific advice, everyone else has said what I'd say, so all I can tell you...

[size=10pt]GET A TON![/size]
Old 13 Feb 2006, 20:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

also drool over the info that in a 6 man stealth team, under new codex rules, its fully possible to have 12 gun drones attached as well! all have JSJ, all have rng 18", and all benefit from camo field!

do it with me... :P
'
'
'
Old 13 Feb 2006, 20:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Sad thing is Calaban, it seems like Crisis suits with TA and TL Bc's will be more cost-effective. I think it's a pity that stealths can't compete with neither rapid-firing FW's nor TA, TL BC's crisis when it comes to cost-efficiency.

However, a 6-man unit with tons of drones will put out an awesome amount of anti-infantry shots. On the other hand, any drones joining stealths automatically gain the stealth field rule for free, so the unit should *really* be able to recieve incoming fire without diminishing fast.

~Olannon
Old 13 Feb 2006, 23:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm totally gonna do the 6 man/12 drone team when its available!!! 3 reasons:

1) 50% more drones than can normally be fielded together in any way shape or form

2) fully compliant and yet still fluffy, with regard to Majority Toughness/ Armor save

3) on a charge, 24 I4 S3 Attacks, 18 I2 S4 attacks... after a full round of everyone shooting. Who cares about WS? this is a mop-up detail!

2 sub- reasons:

1) 12 twin linked chances for a pin test, and heaven help you if you're pinned!

2) all S5.... lets not forget this.. nor take it for granted... Strength [glow=black,2,300]5[/glow]

and one Secret bonus reason [censored]:

The Stealth Team Leader Shas'Vre will have a certain special equipment gun, that has same range, large blast template, and same S/AP as a heavy bolter... no, I'm not making this up, nor cheating!!
Old 13 Feb 2006, 23:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olannon
Sad thing is Calaban, it seems like Crisis suits with TA and TL Bc's will be more cost-effective. I think it's a pity that stealths can't compete with neither rapid-firing FW's nor TA, TL BC's crisis when it comes to cost-efficiency.
I ran the stats myself between TL-BC suits and SS's a long time ago and found them to be pretty much identical, with SS haveing the chance to do more damage, while CS were more consistant. (The next codex of course will see CS drop in price) But other then that, the two units are compleatly different, and shouldent be compared so easily. CS are tougher/stronger, but can be insta-killed, SS's are well protected from long range fire, thier wounds are spread out, they can infultrate, and thier Stealth ability infurates opponints. For these reasons I dont think you can just compare the two based on shooting ability alone. Thier special abilities leads each unit to differnt battlefield roles.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 00:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

I suppose, when it comes down to it, the really scary thing about that proposal is that you now also have Networked Marker Lights at your disposal.

Four hits on a squad with a NML and you have +2BS, -2Ld, no cover saves.

So, the aforementioned number of shots, hitting with S5, at ~18"(with attendant 'jump back&#39, stealth field and decent armour anyway...

Crikey.

Xisor