Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Deepstriking Sunforge under New Codex
Closed Thread
Old 12 Feb 2006, 18:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Deepstriking Sunforge under New Codex

apparently I'm posting lots and lots of 'what if?' ideas after reading the Tau Empires preview codex. Here's the next one:

I plan on seeing this in future Tau games rather than talk about it, I'll lay out the story:

-Enemy LandRaider is out there on the field.
-Using the Pathfinder Tanks Beacon-thingie, a Monat Crisis suit and his attendant Shield drones deepstrikes on a 2+ on turn of choice.
-Landraider goes pop!
-Sunforge gets shot up, losing both drones, and then gets charged by a nearby assault squad
-Monat Sunforge does his best, but loses combat, and must make a morale check.. he fails... and is about to face a sweeping advance
- then activates his FAILSAFE DETONATOR! kabooooommmm!!! Large blast template, S , AP

... for the greater good! It will be legal, but expensive: the Monat has to take the Shas'Vre upgrade to be able to take that special equipment.. but that works better anyway for the 'Vre to survive, but lose the combat, in order to push the big, shiny, heavily pheromone soaked button!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 18:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Deepstriking Sunforge under New Codex

Seems kind of a wasteful tactic. Spending a good 70 to 100 points just to get a landraider and a couple of infantry seems really useless and a not tau tactic. they are an army that conserves it's forces because the Empire doesn't have very many tau so wasting an expensive crisis suit is really dumb.

But on the other hand it might work against small armies i guess. I really don't think that this tactic will catch on really.

Old 12 Feb 2006, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Deepstriking Sunforge under New Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
apparently I'm posting lots and lots of 'what if?' ideas after reading the Tau Empires preview codex. Here's the next one:

I plan on seeing this in future Tau games rather than talk about it, I'll lay out the story:

-Enemy LandRaider is out there on the field.
-Using the Pathfinder Tanks Beacon-thingie, a Monat Crisis suit and his attendant Shield drones deepstrikes on a 2+ on turn of choice.
-Landraider goes pop!
-Sunforge gets shot up, losing both drones, and then gets charged by a nearby assault squad
-Monat Sunforge does his best, but loses combat, and must make a morale check.. he fails... and is about to face a sweeping advance
- then activates his FAILSAFE DETONATOR! kabooooommmm!!! Large blast template, S , AP

... for the greater good! It will be legal, but expensive: the Monat has to take the Shas'Vre upgrade to be able to take that special equipment.. but that works better anyway for the 'Vre to survive, but lose the combat, in order to push the big, shiny, heavily pheromone soaked button!
right first thing

the "positional relay" is SE which bring 1 unit in on 2+.
the "marker beacon" is re-roll deepstike

secondly if your clever about the deepstike and shooting the monta does have to die.

thirdly the fail safe deterante only works under certian conditions. 1) you need to fail LD check in CC 2) the has to be some one to run away. sheild drones cant run so you need a other crisis suits.

and fourthly you enemy will only fall for it once
Closed Thread