Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Minnow of Fury?
Closed Thread
Old 12 Feb 2006, 06:49   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Minnow of Fury?

This is probally a really dumb question but i've been out of 40k for a while and i keep seeing minnow of fury being throw around. I know what FOF is but what is Minnow of Fury?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 07:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Minnow of Fury?

I've never actually herd of that, where exactly did you hear it?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 07:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

I remember it from somewhere...

It appears to be something to do with Aunshasta's tactics.. see his posts?
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...9;sa=showPosts

Most likely this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunshasta
Appologise upfront for what is likely to be an "easy" question that may have been answered a billion times in years past (I only just got here...)

Fish of Fury question.

In response to my "Minnow of Fury" tactic, one of my friends has claimed that what I did was illegal because upon disembarking I had models "under the devilfish". While he conceded that I could fly over my models with the fish in movement, I could not end a turn with my fish hovering overtop of any models.

He wants a reference a reference as to a rule or otherwise that says I am allowed to have models under the transport. (Likewise I asked him for the rule that shows I can not do this...) Neither of us has turned up anything yet, but neither of us really know the rules very well.

Any suggestions or experience? It will (as you may expect) drastically alter my Minnow of Fury strategy (involving one loaded devilfish and one gun drone squadron) if either 1) I can not place any units below the devilfish or 2) I must roll a d6 each time I want to see if the move is "legal".

-Aun'shasta

Master of the Minnow of Fury (but perhaps not for long)
We all live in the fish
From what I gather, it was a tactic very similar to the FoF, though it appears to involve placing models under the tank (where they can't really be touched) - which happens to be illegal as you can't have models under the tank?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 12:49   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well all it says in the rule book is that you can't move into/through the space occupied by a freindly model. Since the devilfish is above the firewarriors, id have to say this is legal, in the same way it's legal to have two different squads above/below each other in a building. They aren't in the same space as no bases are overlapping, and the model can physically be placed there. (Well, at least if your flying base was high enough, otherwise i'd have to say declaring your fish hovering over them is a little shady.)

Why you'd want to do this is beyond me, as doing so would put you closer to the enemy which would negate the FOF tactic as he'd just charge you in the assault phase when he can move within 1" of your models, seeing as how he can charge multiple units, place 1 model to fight the fish, and then have the rest of his squad beat on your firewarriors.

Anyways, the only place I think tha would be of any use is to stop things that won't fit under the fish itself from charging you, IE hive tyrants, and ogryns and the like.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 13:22   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Actualy ,skimmers aren't allowed to move over another unit.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:05   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

No.

"Skimmers can always choose to move over enemy troops and this neither impedes their movement nor harms the troops below." BBB p70
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:23   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ahhhh, but it says "enemy troops" what about yours? And it doesn't say that you can move under it.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 17:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Your own troops never block movement. Ever. You get to move through your own squads just fine, regardless of what unit it is.

Regarding the Minnow of Fury, I believe it was the tactic of moving a single squad of Fire Warriors to just within rapid fire range, then because of the new shooting rules, killing everything within 12" of the Fire Warriors (because they are the only legal casualties to remove from the rapid fire shooting). This would then put the target squad out of charge range. Doesn't work on fast squads at all though though...
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:53   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thx for the help
Old 12 Feb 2006, 21:23   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yep thats it, as a matter of fact I rarely use a true FoF they're just to hard to pull off on terrain heavy boards. Stealthpredator
Closed Thread