Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I've got a problem with bikers... The Space Marine kind!
Closed Thread
Old 12 Feb 2006, 01:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default I've got a problem with bikers... The Space Marine kind!

Hi all, I need some advice as how to deal with space marines, my neighbors has quite the space marine army. It has everything! Now I have been able to handle him pretty well in the past however, he has learned how to use his bikes and land speeders. The speeders I can handle, the bikes I can't seem to get around. He uses 3 bikes and 1 attack bike w/melta gun. He turbo boost's them 24" so he gets his 3+ invulnerable save and with a total of 12" move / shoot plus 6" assault you can imagine what he can do from there. They seem too tough and too fast for my force to deal with. Any help would be appreciated. We generally play 1850-2000pt games. Thanks
Old 12 Feb 2006, 02:03   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: I've got a problem with bikers... The Space Marine kind!

I know how you feel. If you shoot the bikes, the rest of the army kills you.If you shoot at the rest of the army, the bikes get in close combat... :-[
Old 12 Feb 2006, 02:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

To avoid him shooting your army out when you use your fire on the bikes take out his longer range items with ay thing in range of his main force. Then pump the bikes full of anything out of range of his main armylike fire wariors and such.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 02:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I always use the same tactic when facing fast moving assaulty units like bike. 1) Tie them up with drones. 2) Mass pulse fire them.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 03:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Using drones sounds like a good idea, other then that you would have to go with an excessive # of shots, maybe kroot since their cheep, or a mounted FW squad for their ability to move in quick.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 04:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

use pulse fire because inv is not a big deal and if static then it use firewarriors in mech use fof on them.

Old 12 Feb 2006, 04:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Pulse fire kills bikes just as easily on turns they turboboost as it does on turns they didn't. You just need lots of it
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 12 Feb 2006, 23:34   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the advice all. 5 toughness 5 wounds... in one shooting phase... Hmmm, with terrain... Predators... Land Raiders... Devastators... Land Speeders... I guess I need more Fire Warriors.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 23:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronf
Hi all, I need some advice as how to deal with space marines, my neighbors has quite the space marine army. It has everything! Now I have been able to handle him pretty well in the past however, he has learned how to use his bikes and land speeders. The speeders I can handle, the bikes I can't seem to get around. He uses 3 bikes and 1 attack bike w/melta gun. He turbo boost's them 24" so he gets his 3+ invulnerable save and with a total of 12" move / shoot plus 6" assault you can imagine what he can do from there. They seem too tough and too fast for my force to deal with. Any help would be appreciated. We generally play 1850-2000pt games. Thanks
It will help us if you give us a unit count and tell us what's in your army too.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 23:43   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaderhader
use pulse fire because inv is not a big deal and if static then it use firewarriors in mech use fof on them.
I've just been reading about FOF though I haven't used it yet but, with a 12" movement plus the 6" assault it sort of negates FOF doesn't it??
Closed Thread