Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I need help killing Grey Knights.
Closed Thread
Old 03 Feb 2006, 00:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default I need help killing Grey Knights.

hello, i recently played a game in games workshop, and i got beat by a grey knites army.

how do i beat them using mech tau? i have no problems beating other army's, but this gave me some trouble because of a land raider, how do i beat it since they have the glare thing so i cant hit them properly?

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 03 Feb 2006, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: i need help killing grey knites

you got beaten by grey knites! isnt topic better suited for the monster hunter board

enought being silly you ment grey Knights. GK have realy trouble with tanks realy trouble so fof and hammereds and pirhanas are all good choices
Old 03 Feb 2006, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

oh, i used this army list

Shas'el, twin link MP, flamer
Shas'ui, twin link MP, flamer
8 man FW in devilfish w/DL,MT,TA
8 man FW in devilfish w/DL,MT,TA
HH w/railgun,SMS,DL,MT,TA
HH w/railgun,SMS,DL,MT,TA
HH w/ioncannon,burstcannon,DL,MT,TA

isnt that enogh tanks? do i have any way to counter over that dumb thing to reduce my range? it rolls 3 dice, add them up, then multiply by 3? it screwed me over everytime i fired a HH.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 03 Feb 2006, 01:35   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

you have 2 railguns unless you have my vehicle busting luck (4/5 of the time i hit with a railgun its crew stunned)then you should have popped that thing like 6 times

get a bit closer or stay out of the LR's sight
in general just ignore it

Old 03 Feb 2006, 01:39   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: I need help killing Grey Knights.

Since the Land Raider doesn't benefit from The Shrouding, you shouldn't have had any trouble popping it from range. Under normal circumstances, Grey Knights should be little threat to us. The cost much more than normal Space Marines, but most of the advantages they gain from that are in assault. Coupled with their low anti-tank capabilities, they should have a hard time doing significant damage to a mobile Tau force. It might be helpful if you described hoe the game played out.
Old 04 Feb 2006, 14:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

ok, but since u told me land raider doesnt force me to roll for night fight, i think i shulda won.

1rst tuurn he went first, moved a dreadnot and a big thing (i dont know what it was, it had a big massive missle system on its back, shoots 2 krak missles) then he blasted my ion cannon and immobilized it, luckily i wasnt moving so i wasnt killed. then he shot me with some scouts with snipers but they all failed.
my turn i moved my fish and railguns forwards, attacked both rail guns to his land raider, but then i had to roll for my range, i had a bad roll with one, and 1,1,1 with the other i missed with everything, so i blasted his scouts with 8 missles and killed them.
his turn. he shot me with his dreadnot land raide and the thing with krak missles, he shook my crew on 1 rail gun and 1 devilfish.
my turn, i blasted with my other HH to the land raider, i just got enogh range, hen roled a 1 for hits and missed. i blasted his grey knights ( ithink there were 6 or 8) with missles and the ion cannon, and killed 2.
his turn, he shot my rail gun and immobilized it with his dreadnot, and then stuned the crew of the other. then he imobilized my devilfish (luckily i forgot to move last turn with the devil fish.)
my turn. i shot at the dreadnot, and got my 3 range and hit, then i shot and got a 2 on a penatrate. the missls killed another 1 guy of grey knigts and my FW got out and blasted again, i got horible rolls and killed nothing.
his turn. he shot at my rail gun, blew off its primary wepons, and i lost by default cause i couldnt kill his land raider.

Old 04 Feb 2006, 15:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you do know it only grey knights unit which get the shrouding. all the other units dont get it.
Old 04 Feb 2006, 15:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Mass fire kills them easily. Just mass your Fire Warriors and Stealthsuits along with an Ion Cannon to kill infantry, and some Plasma Rifles to kill off expensive stuff like Grey Knight Terminators.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 04 Feb 2006, 16:53   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoriaki
ok, but since u told me land raider doesnt force me to roll for night fight, i think i shulda won.
I sort of suspected that that might be the problem. Only Grey Knight infantry benefit from their pseudo-night fight rules. Also make sure that he is telling you how they work correctly. Shrouding is actually a little less effective than standard Night Fighting rules, as I recall.

And clean up your spelling! >
Old 04 Feb 2006, 18:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Unless he has 3 Landraiders. There is absolutely no piont of bringing 2 railheads. Instead max put of ionheads. You will need them, unless you have massed pulse fire. Stealthsuits are amazing against GreyKnights. I had a squad of 6 take down a full terminator squad in 1 turn of shooting and live through 2 rounds of assault of regular GreyKnights. Shrouding should not prove much of a problem against MechTau as they have the mobility to get into range fast. Very fast.
Closed Thread