Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau conspiracy theory
Closed Thread
Old 02 Feb 2006, 15:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tau conspiracy theory

The warp storm that blocked tau from everyone else was it made on purpose or was it just natural?

people who could do that :
C'tan
Eldar farseers
The emperor
The old ones

Old 02 Feb 2006, 15:26   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Tau conspiracy theory

Actually, I don't think we have evidence that anyone can really control Warp Storms. My guess is it was just a lucky coincidence.
Old 02 Feb 2006, 15:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

It might be wonderfully ironic for the C'Tan to do it but I very much doubt it. The Eldar likely dont have the strength (well gathered anyway) to do that and arent protecting the Tau so I dont see why. The Emperor is comatose. The ruinous powers could but they dont seem likely given their actions towards the Tau (not just being their usually agressive selves but how they do it, not as knowledgeable as you would think if they did protect the Tau).

The Old Ones would seem to be the most likely to have caused the Warp Storms if anyone did and the presence of Etherials seems to support that. However it may not be caused at all but just be a happening. Alternately some power we do not even know of yet could have done it. You never know with 40k.

This all might not make much sense though just my thoughts.

Old 02 Feb 2006, 15:30   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

It was probably a natural occurence, as there were multitudes of warp storms breaking out at that time, cutting off hundreds of systems.

C'tan- I'm not sure they would be able to manipulate warp energy to make a storm, since it is deadly to them.
Eldar- Why would they care about the Tau? Unless they saw something in their future that would help the Eldar survive a little bit longer.
The Emperor- Even if he could, why would he?
Old Ones/Slann servants- Probably the most likely, but some people don't like it.
Old 02 Feb 2006, 15:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Zibral

I lean against natural occurrence. No other race in the 40k universe would gain anything by letting us survive(other than that they will live so much better under our leadership)
Old 02 Feb 2006, 16:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

that and i don't think anyone can create warpstorms, certainly not the OO who were subject to the first birthings of the Chaos Gods and the intro of the enslavers. The Eldar treat it as an anathama, the Emperor never did it, i don't think theres any race that can even control them- not even Abbadon who simply "forcastes" them and figueres how to attack.
i'm going with natural due to the age the storm happened in.
~good hunting
Old 02 Feb 2006, 17:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The most likely is that it was a natural phenomenon.But who knows?The 40k is populated by a lot of powerful entities...maybe someone saw in the future of the Tau something interesting...and wanted them to survive.
Old 02 Feb 2006, 19:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

In the codex it said that the farseer of ulthwe said that the tau will do more then the eldar so that could be one reason they would help the tau.

Old 02 Feb 2006, 20:28   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Only Chaos can manipulate the Warp by any realistic degree... however, they are rarely subtle. Such disruption is a precursor to invasion, and as the Tau are still alive and kicking, it is unlikely Chaos was responsible...

...unless, of course, some greater purpose, working on a scheme of millennia, is soon to emerge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 02 Feb 2006, 20:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Only Chaos can manipulate the Warp by any realistic degree... however, they are rarely subtle. Such disruption is a precursor to invasion, and as the Tau are still alive and kicking, it is unlikely Chaos was responsible...

...unless, of course, some greater purpose, working on a scheme of millennia, is soon to emerge...
The Chaos God of Fascism?
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Closed Thread