Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help With Tau Language.
Closed Thread
Old 02 Feb 2006, 01:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Help With Tau Language.

I recently bought an Etheral and it wasnt till after i had primed him did i realize he a freaken horrible mold line running across his eye and nose (well the tau imitation of a nose anyway). I was about to flip cause it was so bad filing would mean rubbing half his face off. Then i realized i could turn it into kinda of a scar from a previous battle. I painted it (first time painting anything besides a fire warrior =D) and it actually turned out pretty sweet. Now that i have this little unique character trait i was wondering if there was any word for "Scar" and "Eye" in the Tau language with which i could name him? Thanks for any help.

Old 02 Feb 2006, 01:54   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Help With Tau Language.

"Sho" seems to mean "sight", taken from Shovah and a few words in Kill Team. I do not recall seeing a word for Eye or Scar specifically.
Old 02 Feb 2006, 03:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ACE666

If you cant find a word for scar i'm pretty sure there is one for 'wound' which should be just as good
But a cheap fire-support commander can do wonders (actually much bigger wonders than a commander who has been to Pimp-my-suit and came back with all those fancy upgrades no one needs, like a sub-woofer, automatic disc ejection systems, shock compensation, in-built wide screen, DVD player...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaliel
well to be fair wargamer, the lasgun is less advanced then the railgun, we use lasers for our presentations and I can buy one at the corner store for $1.25
Old 02 Feb 2006, 08:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Maybe you can find something useful here:
http://www.minivault.com/Tauglossary.htm
I suggest Sho'Ka, (sight+strike,blow=wounded sight/eye).
I hope this helps
Old 02 Feb 2006, 08:59   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/-Rt3r
I recently bought an Etheral and it wasnt till after i had primed him did i realize he a freaken horrible mold line running across his eye and nose (well the tau imitation of a nose anyway). I was about to flip cause it was so bad filing would mean rubbing half his face off. Then i realized i could turn it into kinda of a scar from a previous battle. I painted it (first time painting anything besides a fire warrior =D) and it actually turned out pretty sweet. Now that i have this little unique character trait i was wondering if there was any word for "Scar" and "Eye" in the Tau language with which i could name him? Thanks for any help.
Right... time to flick open my lexicon!

Sho is sight, as mentioned. "Sho'Ka" isn't right... sight-strike sounds more like sniping.

Sho'Co'Ru'Fio might be closer (loosely translated, "sight damaged"), or Co'Sho ("sightless" or "blind").

Now Co'Sho'T'Ka would be a good choice... meaning, roughly, "blinded by strike"

A word for scar/wound would be useful, wouldn't it... something like "Ka'Mesme'Xesa" (Strike-combination-past... in other words, a permanent mark). Cut up the word into something that flows, and we have Ka'mesa... a lasting mark, a scar.

Ka'mesa added to the lexicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 02 Feb 2006, 10:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Kewl. Thanks guys i think i am gonna go with Co'Sho'T'Ka. Fits and sounds neat. 8)

Closed Thread