Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Facts
Closed Thread
Old 01 Feb 2006, 20:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tau Facts

ive been reading a lot of peoples fluff lately and there seems to be ongoing problems with peoples theories on how the Tau history has been going, so I've decided to simply point out a few facts which all of you are welcome to correct if you believe them wrong- however i want this to be used so that people don't keep making the same mistakes-
like how anyone who might have been a servant of O'shova or related to him is dead because O'shova disapeared a few hundred years ago.
-O'shova's reasons for disapearing are as yet unknown
-No one knows how the Ethereals are able to command such control
-Until the map comes out for the next codex the old Septs are the only Septs- everything else that one might creat is a "ya" or "world" Septs are major systems and collections of systems, the Empire is not big enough for new Septs to be made willy nilly. Thats right- nilly.
-Tau are not "nulls" they have little to no psychic presence in the warp making them immune to many warp based intelligences such as being possesed.
- a rail gun is not a souped up ion cannon, ion tech came with trading with the Demierg- rail guns seem to be home grown and are entirely different.
-the Tau as of yet do not have gills
-the Tau are not blind- they see deeper in the infra red, this might have something to do with being a race that has learned to exist mostly at night.
- it is still being theorized that the Tau are a created species, be it C'tan or Old One's, this is not cannon.

theres more i know- so i'll come back later
~good hunting
Old 01 Feb 2006, 20:44   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Tau Facts

Tau are most definately not immune to possession! They can, will and have been corrupted by Daemonic forces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Feb 2006, 20:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

sigh... ok show me where- if you site Firewarrior i'm gonna say no one considers that book canon and that Kais at the most was influenced, that is not possesion wargamer. i believe even the governor in that stupid excuse for a book said that it would take hundreds of years to even get a handlehold on a tau, and then of course it would be dead so- no.
~good hunting
Old 01 Feb 2006, 20:51   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
sigh... ok show me where- if you site Firewarrior i'm gonna say no one considers that book canon and that Kais at the most was influenced, that is not possesion wargamer. i believe even the governor in that stupid excuse for a book said that it would take hundreds of years to even get a handlehold on a tau, and then of course it would be dead so- no.
~good hunting
Let me put it this way: If an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord can be corrupted, then the Tau can. They are not subjected to the Warp like humans are, this is their only saving grace.

Every sentient army has, at one time or another, fallen to Chaos. The Primarchs turned, even the Eldar have succumbed to the Taint... there is only one case known where an army has specifically not turned, and that is the Grey Knights. If every other race can fall, then the Tau can fall.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 01 Feb 2006, 20:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

for the purposes of this post- which is to weed out common misconceptions about the Tau- then you are wrong because it has never happend and, via Daemons, been proven it can't be done. as to your fact- the Tau are not effected as much as humans because they are a glow rod to humanities neon light which is blinded by the star of an eldar- however this is not a "but wait this could happen" post- this is what is 100% about what Tau are about, possesion is not one of them.
~good hunting
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:02   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

...so, by the same argument, you are saying Tau-Genestealer hybrids are impossible? :

Daemons are a major aspect of the 41st Millennium. It is not a case of "Daemons can do this because..." it is "Daemons cannot do this because..."

We have seen Kroot can be corrupted, and they are not very psychic, certainly a lot less than humans are. Tyranids (eg: Genestealers) can be Tainted by Chaos (although they retain a lot more self-control than most races). The only race that definately cannot be tainted are Necrons, because they do not exist at all in the Warp (they aren't alive). They are not "nulls" like Culexus/Pariahs, but true blanks; they show up no more than a spoon, or a brick.

Tau do exist in the Warp. They are probably below Kroot... but if Kroot can fall, and Tyranids can fall...

Quote:
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok- if this is gonna turn into a discussion...
to the Genestealer hybrid- by the way low blow- i personally do not think its possible given current official descriptions of Tau society, however thats not a "fact" because no official source has said one or the other.
Kroot- why aren't they psychic Wargamer? they can have minor psychic powers
i don't know where all your theories on the Kroot come from- but for Tau there is OFFICIAL evidence that the Tau CANNOT be possesed, can they die of Nurgles rot- yes, can they be influenced by a crack pot writers version of a daemon- yes, can they be thrown off by Slannesh phermones- yes, can they be used as a portal to unleash the daemonic armies of the foul lords of chaos- well-no not at all.
Tyranids do not "fall"- they are possesed infected (like the kroot were in that story). i would relate 'nid possesion as Chaos taking the time to posses cows and horses thus- thats why its so rare.
~good hunting
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:10   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

A Tau could, in theory, be possessed. However due to their small warp presence, the daemon wouldn't last long in the physical world.

Just my ten cents.

Could be wrong.
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:14   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
i don't know where all your theories on the Kroot come from-
White Dwarf... when they are fighting for Slaneesh. By their description, they are long gone from sanity... they are Tainted.

Quote:
but for Tau there is OFFICIAL evidence that the Tau CANNOT be possesed, can they die of Nurgles rot- yes, can they be influenced by a crack pot writers version of a daemon- yes, can they be thrown off by Slannesh phermones- yes, can they be used as a portal to unleash the daemonic armies of the foul lords of chaos- well-no not at all.
Umm... no. There is Firewarrior... the same book that says a Tau Firewarrior can kill a full squad of Marines, overrun a Penal Colony, Capture a ship and kill a Daemon Prince entirely on his own. When you're building a house of cards, you shouldn't use burning ones on the bottom.

The Ethereal was not possessed in Firewarrior... however, you must remember that Severus was. It is possible that the Daemon Prince did not possess the Ethereal because it already had a much more suitable vessel, one that had been prepared for longer, one that was ready to be taken...

As Spirit said, they can be possessed. It isn't a case of them exploding in the street an the sky catching fire... just like normal humans (and everyone else who isn't a Psyker), preparation is needed first.

Quote:
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

and i would say (having read my BFG book) that for warp travl the Tau say something other than technolgy was required to travel in warp space the codex says their minds Barely register not Didn't so I recon that the Tau may have somelimmited psycic capability, also there is an argument that ethereal have some pcycic ability going on on this forum.

so one could argue that with no psycic ability their short hops in the warp would be non-existent

Also in the Daemon hunter book there is the rules for fighting an army with a daemon in it so your Possesed yes possesed ethereal suddenly explodes into a bloodthirster

but then where did they come from?
Closed Thread