Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Battle of Nul'Vior
Closed Thread
Old 01 Feb 2006, 18:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce
Default The Battle of Nul'Vior

Now fro mthe sucess of my club's last campaign me and the other leaders have emplemented a new one, more complex. It's format is a map campaign, played one 3 seperate planets with 4 players on each planet, being able to travel between planets if you own a designated space port territory. My planet I run is Nul'vior:

The battle of Nul'vior:

On the farthest reachs of the tau's eastern frontier lies Nul'vior, the ice planet. It's surface is frozen waste land only inhabited by a moss that surives the harsh weather by staying under the permafrost. On coming to the planet the tau set up the Nul'vior sept, a sept dedicated to improving their fighting in this terrain. Only after the Shas'el of the sept unearthed the moss did they find, this moss contained a chemical that could magnify the power of their medicinal drugs by untold amounts and quickly called their Earth and water caste to harvest and sell this new hope.

The Presence of the Death guard:
With the discovery of this cure spreading through the tau empire. it was only time before it found it's way to the servants of Grandfather nurgle; the grandfather sent out a legion to the source of this cure and landed on the planet wiping out the tau in the regions they came from their ships. They now uncover and burn the Moss as they find it, but They're ture purpose to is release a virus that lies dormant deep in the ice. Fighting into the Tau's territory to find the mines deep into the ice. Raining death as they move.

The Foresight of the Bien-tan
The craftworld spoke to the farseer of bien-tan and so did she listen. It told her of a great plague on an ice planet far away. Taking their finest warriors she set off to Nul'vior. Their objective to prevent Nurgle from releasing this virus, failing that, return to the craftworld with what of this moss they could. And they aren't afraid to wipe out the inferior races on the planet to achieve it.

The Anger of the Iron will
Unbenonst to the Nul'vior. this planet once belonged to a faction of the Iron warriors who called themselves the Iron will. They returned from the warp, only to find their planet overrun by the pest's that are the Tau. With avenagance and anger they stomp across the planet. wiping the foul squatters from their planet. Do not defy the Iron will.
__________________________________________________ _______________

So what you think? I'll be giving you updates of my battles and the major events on the planet. I hope you all give me your support. For the Greater good, we will triuph

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 01 Feb 2006, 19:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: The Battle of Nul'Vior

cool i lik it , did you play any battles yet

the time for tau is now
Old 01 Feb 2006, 19:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

This is cool. It's kind of like my army(s) on Nimbosa. I know that's fairly major but we all like to have our little stories. Basically, all sorts of little factions of different races have been coming to the planet for it's resources and have been fighting them off. And we've done so admirably. now I'm starting a new force that was scattered in the early days of Nimbosa and are trying to find each other. I like the ice planet idea though. That's cool.
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 01 Feb 2006, 21:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't know. I get the feeling the eldar arn't that coarse when it comes to tau. From what I have read they see them as the next potential "super species" to replace them.

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Old 01 Feb 2006, 22:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

no they do not- that quote indicates that Eldrad had an unusual fondness for them. the Eldar in the area though are the "hostile" ones- Saim Hain- who actively attack other colonialist species in the hopes of rebuilding their empire- so i doubt there are any diplomatic instances between the two. there are only two instances where tau interact with Eldar, one is a Dark Eldar raiding force being mauled and the other is an Eldar pathfinder squad being eaten by kroot
~good hunting
Old 01 Feb 2006, 22:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I think you mean Biel-Tan. If it is that craftworld than the Tau can expect no kindness. While Eldrad may have had the foresight to pay attention to the Tau the Biel-Tan are the most active of the craftworlds actively trying to rebuild their empire and are not going to let the minor species get in the way.

As for the Iron Warriors I would find it strange that Tau, eldar and 2 different chaos legions are the only ones involved. There arent any IG, nid, SM or other race players in your area who could use a fluff justification to be there?

EDITE: Also a note that the planet would not be a sept, that is a major Tau world. Instead it would be a colony or outpost at the most. Until we have more fluff to work with the Tau empire is not nearly, not even close to being big enough to invent septs of our own.

Old 01 Feb 2006, 22:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

my bad- your right Vash- as to the Iron Warriors, they're currently on the other side of the galaxy, and as to the Grandfather idea- you know that the God's don't controle the legions in that aspect
~good hunting
Old 01 Feb 2006, 23:29   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce

tauluvinhobo - Nah I haven't. it's only started one week and everyone on my planet took a free bit of terrain.

Vash113 - There are only 12 players in this campiagn and the other 8 are on too other planets. I'll only be covering my planet. These are just the armies thast were drawn up to be on my planet. And thanks for the thoughts on the sept, I guess I keep this Nul'vior cadre of tau just as a cadre. but, don't forget about the 3rd phase colonies that the tau got due to the last crusade of abbadon, that may be a way to justify it.

calmsword - This is a faction of the iron warriors as the player who uses them says, so there's some possiblity. And I used the Grandfather thing in a metiphorical sense, they litterally weren't ordered to by nurgle.

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
Old 02 Feb 2006, 15:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

ok cool can't wait to hear how it turns out

the time for tau is now
Closed Thread