Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Tau vs. Deathwing (1000 points)
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jan 2006, 02:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default [BatRep] Tau vs. Deathwing (1000 points)

Earlier today, I was in a tournament at my local hobby shop. One of the games I played was one against Deathwing.

Me (Tau):
HQ:
1 Shas'O w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife

Elites:
5 Stealthsuits
1 Crisis Suit w/ Deathrain

Troops:
10 Fire Warriors w/ Devilfish w/ Decoy Launchers
10 Fire Warriors
10 Kroot

Heavy Support:
1 Hammerhead w/ Railgun, Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock
1 Broadside w/ Multi-Tracker

Him (Deathwing (aka Space Marines))
HQ:
1 Command Squad w/ 3 Termies w/ Storm Bolters, 2 Termies w/ Assault Cannons, 1 Captain Terminator (or something like that) with Storm Bolter, Power Weapon

Elite:
1 Dreadnought w/ Assault Cannon, DCC Weapons

Troops:
5 Terminators w/ 2 Assault Cannons, 3 Storm Bolters
5 Terminators w/ 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers, 3 Storm Bolters

Mission: Forgot name, but it has Infiltrators, Bombardment, and win by Victory Points.

Deployment:
My Fire Warriors were deployed in a line with each model 2'' away from each other. The Kroot were behind them spread out. The Crisis Suits were behind a hill to the right of the Kroot. The Stealthsuits were near the Fire Warriors spread out. My Broadside was near the Crisis Suits. The Hammerhead and Devilfish were behind the hill the crisis suits were on.

(poor attempt to show deployment)
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
X
X
X
X
X VVV S
X VVV F
X F VVVV O FFF
X VV F K K VVVV L FFF
X VV K K VVVV U FFF
X D F K HHH
X F HHH
X B
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

X = Table Edge (draw line between two Xs on right end to show right edge)
F = 2 Fire Warriors
K = 2 Kroot
S = Stealthsuit Squad
O = Terrain
H = Hammerhead
F = Devilfish
O= Shas'O
L = Shas'el
U = Crisis Suit Shas'ui
D = Dreadnought

All of his Terminators were deep-striking. The Dreadnought started on the field.

Bombardment: Nothing died in the bombardment.

Turn 1 (Tau):
Movement: The Hammerhead moves to the right 7''. The Devilfish moves up 7''.

Shooting: The Broadside hit and penetrated the Dreadnought, but it only stunned it. The Hammerhead hit and penetrated it, causing it to explode.

Army (Deathwing):
1 Command Squad w/ 3 Termies w/ Storm Bolters, 2 Termies w/ Assault Cannons, 1 Captain Terminator (or something like that) with Storm Bolter, Power Weapon

Troops:

Turn 1 (Deathwing)
Couldn't do anything.

Turn 2 (Tau)
Movement: I decided to spread out my Fire Warriors and Kroot more to make his deep-striking more difficult. Otherwise, nothing to do.

Turn 2 (Deathwing)
Movement: His Command Squad deep-striked north of the stealthsuits. The other squads did not pass their reserves roll.

Shooting: The Assault Cannons killed off all of the Stealthsuits with the Assault Cannons and the Storm Bolters. Nothing else was there so nothing else could shoot.

Army (Tau)
HQ:
1 Shas'O w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife

Elites:

Troops:
10 Fire Warriors
10 Kroot

Heavy Support:
1 Hammerhead w/ Railgun, Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launchers, Target Lock

Turn 3 (Tau)
Movement: I moved my Crisis Suits out from behind the hill. I moved the Hammerhead 7'' to the left and moved my Devilfish back to where it was before.

Shooting: The Broadside did not have LOS of the Terminator Command Squad, so I could not use them. The Crisis Suits, in total, killed off 2 Terminators. The Fire Warriors and Kroot shot at the Terminators and killed nothing. The Hammerhead Railgun missed.

Assault: I moved the Crisis Suits back behind the hill.

Army (Deathwing)
1 Command Squad w/ 1 Termies w/ Storm Bolters, 2 Termies w/ Assault Cannons, 1 Captain Terminator (or something like that) with Storm Bolter, Power Weapon

Troops:

Turn 3 (Deathwing)
Movement: His other two squads made their reserve rolls and deep-striked. The squad with Assault Cannons deep-striked inbetween the Fire Warriors and where the Dreadnought was. The squad with Missile Launchers deep-striked, and scattered, a little ways north of his Command Squad.

Shooting: The Missile Launchers shot my Devilfish, but 1 missed and the other two failed to damage it. Some of the Assault Cannons shot my Fire Warriors, killing 3 of them in total. The Command Squad ones shot my Devilfish but failed to harm it.

Army (Tau)
HQ:
1 Shas'O w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife

Elites:

Troops:
7 Fire Warriors
10 Kroot

Heavy Support:

Turn 4 (Tau)
Movement: The Crisis Suits moved out from behind the hill. The Devilfish moved out again. The Hammerhead moved to the right 7''.

Shooting: The Crisis Suits killed 2 Terminators from the Command Squad. The Fire Warriors and Kroot shot at the Command Squad, but failed to hurt it. The Broadside shot the Assault Cannon Terminator squad, but failed to kill anything (dumb 5+ invulnerable).

Assault: The Crisis Suits moved back behind the hill/big rock/thing.

Army (Deathwing)
1 Command Squad w/ 1 Termie w/ Assault Cannons, 1 Captain Terminator (or something like that) with Storm Bolter, Power Weapon

Troops:

Turn 4 (Deathwing)
Movement: The Assault Cannon Terminators start to heard toward my Fire Warriors.

Shooting: Everyone shoots their Assault Cannons and Storm Bolters at them. The Fire Warrior squad loses 3 models and passes its morale check. The Cyclone Missile Launchers shoot at my Devilfish again, but fail to touch it.

Army (Tau)
HQ:
1 Shas'O w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife

Elites:

Troops:
5 Fire Warriors
10 Kroot

Heavy Support:

Turn 5 (Tau):
Movement: I move the Crisis Suits from behind the woods. I move my Devilfish north, facing toward the Cyclone launchers. The Kroot moved toward the Assault Cannon Squad.

Shooting: The Broadside kills one Terminator from the Assault Cannon squad. The remaining Fire Warriors shot the Assault Cannon squad, killing 1 Terminator. The Crisis Suits killed off the Command Squad.

Assault: The Crisis Suits moved back behind the hill. The Kroot charged the Terminators, and went first thanks to the Power Fists they have. The Kroot killed 1 Terminator and 3 Kroot died.

Army (Deathwing)
Troops:
2 Terminators w/ 2 Assault Cannons

Turn 5 (Deathwing)
Shooting: The Cyclone Missile Launchers shot the Fire Warriors, killing 3 of them.

Assault: The Termies didn't use the Power Fists, and killed 2 Kroot. The Kroot killed nothing. Surprisingly, the Kroot passed their morale check.

Army (Tau)
HQ:
1 Shas'O w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife

Elites:

Troops:
2 Fire Warriors
5 Kroot

Turn 6 (Tau)
Movement: The Crisis Suits moved from behind the woods. The Devilfish moved within 12'' of the Cyclone Terminator squad and disembarked the Fire Warriors.

Shooting: The Helios suit kills 2 Termies, and the other two suits killed 1 in total. The Hammerhead killed 1 Terminator from the Cyclone Squad. The Fire Warriors rapid-fired the remaining 1 Termie, killing him.

Assault: The last two Terminators killed off 1 Kroot in total, not using Power Fists. The Kroot fail to touch the Terminators.

Army (Deathwing)
Troops:
2 Terminators w/ 2 Assault Cannons

Turn 6 (Deathwing)
Assault: The Terminators decide to use the Power Fists, so the Kroot went first. They killed 1 Terminator. The 1 Terminator killed 2 Kroot from the squad.

Final
Tau
HQ:
1 Shas'O w/ Helios
1 Shas'el w/ Fireknife

Elites:

Troops:
2 Fire Warriors
3 Kroot

Deathwing
Troops:
1 Terminator w/ Assault Cannon

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 03:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Tau vs. Deathwing (1000 points) BatRep

Nice battle. Terminators against Tau... that seems like an awful waste of terminators really.

I see your helios Shas'O killed a fair few termies. That configuration is very good at hunting those pesky 2+ save units. Good job on the battle!

Old 29 Jan 2006, 06:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: [BatRep] Tau vs. Deathwing (1000 points)

Killed him down to the last man... nice. Well done.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 29 Jan 2006, 10:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

hey they should release a broadside with butt kicking action
Old 29 Jan 2006, 16:17   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

really nice it seems kind of like dumb luck that the command squad came out first unaided. otherwise real good what did you place at the tournament?

Old 29 Jan 2006, 16:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't place too well. My Devilfish wasn't fully painted, so I had to paint it, costing me a round. In the third and last round, I played Night Lord (or something like that) Chaos Space Marines. I made a careless mistake then, revealing my Stealthsuits to mass Bolter fire and Raptors tied up my Crisis Battlesuits. And my Devilfish was destroyed (immobolized shot rerolled an immobolized) while I tried to commit FoF.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 18:29   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

too bad i would have thought that would give you a few tournament points oh well

Closed Thread