Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Tau vs. Necrons (no force organization) 500 pts
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jan 2006, 22:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [BatRep] Tau vs. Necrons (no force organization) 500 pts

OK bare with me, this is my first battle report on Tau Online. Here it goes. I am facing my friend's brand new necron army. He and I have faced off a couple of times with 500 and 1000pts standard rules. He just bought the nightbringer though. He wanted to test it out. So we played this 500pt game without any force organization restrictions. Here are the lists.

My Tau
80:Shas'el with twinlinked plasma rifle and Flamer
170:Two Broadsides with plasma rifles
118:Two crisis suits with twinlinked plasma rifle and target lock
118:Two Crisis suits with twinlinked plasma rifle and target lock
Total of 486

His Necrons
360: Nightbringer
123:Three Wraiths
24:Two Scarab Swarms
Total of 507

He had a early point advantage so i was worried. We were playing on a 3'x4' playing field. We are playing to the death. No phase out. No Terrrain, because all his units ignore it. We roll for first turn, he wins.

Necron First Turn
The Nightbringer rallies a small group of soilders to kill the remnants of a already devastated Tau battleforce. When he arrrives he meets the the suits of the highest class. He does not turn back to gather more troops. The puny tau should fall.

The wraiths slide forward acorss the open field toward the enemy with the scarab swarms crowding their trail{they are moving 12 inches} The nightbringer floats along wathching his servants strike{moves 6 inches}

Tau First Turn
The suits look across the field and arise to defend their injured.The broadsides stand stationary and fire a volley of railgun rounds.All hit, but only one is able to tear the c'tan's spirit. {inflicts one wound on the nighbringer's 5, Gosh he is hard.} The crisis sits lead by their shas'el take their first leap. They fire their rilfes at maximum range slaughtering one group of the metal scarabs along with taking a slice out of the second{one suit misses, the other three shas'ui takes out the scarab swarm with thier three shots.the shas'el inflicts one wound on the second.They all take their assault jump}

Necorn Second Turn
The nightbringer hovers forward again. He fires his godly power in frustration, missing greatly. The wraiths speed forward and assault one of the cirsis suit squads lead by their commander.The wraiths strike first with their charging attacks inflicting many wounds{only two are left unsaved, one for each shas'ui}The Tau counter-strike leaves two of them suprisingly dead.

The scarabs then leap on the remaining crisis suits. The suits throw them off leaving them lifeless.

Tau Second Turn
The Boadsides fires at the nightbringer once again hitting but not hurting. Then the cirisis suit jam their plasma rifles down the remaining wratihs face and it survives.Their frustration is apparent and they slash at the wraith not hitting once.

Necron Third Turn
The Nightbringer fires at the crisis suit again,He misses. He's just having a bad day. He then charges them unleashing his fury. He kills off the crippled team.The wratihs roll for WBB, both make it. They stand up and start fighting.They inficlt a wound each on the two remaining shas'ui.

Tau Third Turn
The crisis suits and the broadsides all shoot at the wraiths.Inflicting just too many wounds to be avoided .The wratihs fall on to the ground as a clunk of metal. The Suits look to the nightbringer and commense combat.
The nightbringer throws down the commmander and slaughters him.The two crisis suits seeing the fall of their leader strike back inflicting a great amount of pain{The nightbringer is down to one wound,the suits did two)

Necron Third Turn
The nightbringer takes on the remaining suits by himself. He chops them down and the fight looks to be over. The nighbringer against braodsides,most likely in close combat.

Tau Third Turn
The boadsides shoot hitting the c'tan, but not penetrating to his life essence{I made all hits and made all wounds.he gladly made all his saves} The broadsides look into the eyes of the c'tan and feel the fear of his greatness.{they must pass morale check,and they do}And with stubborn determination CHARGE!!!!!!!!The nightbringer only scraches one of the ironclad warriors{inflicting one wound}The warriors return the punches and kill the almighty lord. He explodes in a great ball of godly essence killing one of the suits. The last suit stands alone looking across the open field with the satisfaction of

TAU VICTORY
Old 28 Jan 2006, 22:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: battle report:tau vs. necrons(no force organization)500pts

Nice one and good job wow that one was close

~1shot
Old 29 Jan 2006, 00:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Good job.

Just a suggestion though. His wraiths are the only necrons in his army. If you had wanted a cleaner battle, you would have wanted to targeted all your fire at them. With all the plasma weaponry and railguns you could have made the rest of his army phase out by turn two, if not one.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 00:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight

YOU Have no fire warrors and you need at least two Troops!

Have fun with running your list
Old 29 Jan 2006, 00:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sorry i guess i wasn't clear enough. we were playing without phase out or force organization.it was meant to be a loose battle.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 01:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

very good win. I knew that necron player was screwed when I saw his list :...
Old 29 Jan 2006, 10:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

i agree with the villest worm,he was screwed from the start,only 2 necrons!!
Old 29 Jan 2006, 11:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

do you guys think the nightbringer is worth the points.(mostly in 1000 and 1500)?
Old 29 Jan 2006, 13:28   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: [BatRep] Tau vs. Necrons (no force organization) 500 pts

C'Tan are not really worth the points against Tau, as far as I can tell. The toughest Necron army you will ever face as Tau would be a field full of Warriors with a Lord in the middle. It is hard to assess in the type of game you were playing (he ignores terrain, but that doesn't mean he can't hide behind it.), so I would try again at some point using legal armies.
Old 29 Jan 2006, 14:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [BatRep] Tau vs. Necrons (no force organization) 500 pts

instead of creating another board i will just continue on this one. how should i defeat my friends new necron list.

Nightbringer
Lord w/ Reserrection Orb
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
5 Immortals
Total of 1000pts
Closed Thread