Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

To wait or to play
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jan 2006, 05:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default To wait or to play

I am just getting back into 40k after many years, and I have my first Tau army build. I want to play, but realistically I wont have them painted and ready to play before the new Tau forces are released. Mix in the rumors of a further price gauge.... Do I buy now or do I wait? Also, can you give me some insight into what will change with my current build when the new troops are released?

My list:
Number Equipment Cost
1 Shash'o + Plasma Rifle+Missile Pod + M.T. 110
5 Stealth Suits 150
12 1 fire warrior squad + devilfish w/ Decoy Launchers 205
12 1 fire warrior squad + devilfish w/ Decoy Launchers 205
1 Hammerhead + Rail Gun + M.T. + Decoy Launchers + Burst Cannon 165
1 Hammerhead + ion + M.T. + Decoy Launchers + Burst Cannon 145

Total Cost 980
Taret Points 1000
Points Left 20
Old 28 Jan 2006, 05:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: To wait or to play

i say that if you want to play, buy the stuff now. i don't think there will be any major changes to any of the units in your list when the new codex comes out, and with only 1000 points, there is always room for expantion. ;D
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 05:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Meh. Buy the stuff now if you can't wait. But don't do any extensive commander conversions, as a commander suit is coming out.

Here's my Shas'O that I think is fairly cool.

Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator.

Hard wired: Multi tracker, target lock

Retinue: squad of drones

He is capable of taking out tough infantry and vehicles alike, and the drones and shield generator. The fact that Drones have jetpacks makes this squad very mobile, and the target lock allows the drones to fire at a separate target.

The one change I really think is important to your is the addition of a shield generator. That Commander is 110 points, and can be killed instantly with 1 shot from a Krak missile. You need a shield generator. It's less important if he has a retinue, but I'd still recommend it.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 28 Jan 2006, 07:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Eh....I think you should modify your post and get rid of the cost of everything, I think that like a breach of copyright.

Anyways, apparently you already have the current Tau codex. Things will change, pt cost reductions, new options, chanings of rules. But thinks like FW squads will pretty much stay the same. IMO, Start building those things, and I'm sure you'll be penty busy before the next codex comes out. Things like the commander and Hammerheads should be left for last, or made modular so that you can change their configuration.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 07:36   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Points for a unit are okay to post. The problems come when you post itemized lists, breaking down the points values for the wargear. It is a bit of a fine distinction, but those are the rules we have to work with.

The only things there that will change are the Stealthsuits and possibly the commander. Picking up Hammerheads and Devilfish before the rumoured price increase might be a good idea.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 11:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Of course there's nothing stopping you from downgrading your current commander to a Shas'ui (or vre) Mon'at when the new Commander Suits come out, that way you can get one of them.

The Stealthsuits are changing too so i'd have a look at what the new ones look like, because some people prefer the old ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 12:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius

I'd suggest buiying the fire warriors now, and painting them up, once thats done, get some crisis suits. Keep buying the models you know wont change at all - those that have the new box art - and by the time you've painted all those up the new tau:empire will probably have been released.

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 29 Jan 2006, 22:30   #8 (permalink)
lonely tau

yeah buy Fire Warriors first then DF's and hopefully you will have the Tau Empire codex out and in your lap by then

Closed Thread