Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about currently available Tau
Closed Thread
Old 28 Jan 2006, 00:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Question about currently available Tau

Hi, I just discovered this board. I am a long time Tau player who sold his army about 10 months ago.

With this new codex I am really intersted in doing Tau again.

I wnated to start buying figs, but I want to know if the sprue/fig will still be the same.

I know some things are changing like stealth suits but what about crisis suits? Broadsides? Hammer heads?

Safe to buy them now?

My old army was built around 72 fire warriors, 3 crisis suits, 3 broadsides, 2 hammer heads, 12 stealth suits, and an ethereal. It didnt do so well, this time I am mainly intersted in the new stuff and markerlights.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 00:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Question about currently available Tau

Most of what you mentioned is staying the same. Its more of an addition, rather than a changing of existing units. You still need missile pods, Pulse fire, and Railguns.

Click on the blue box in my signiture for army building hints!

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 28 Jan 2006, 00:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Your old army was deffinetly a very static list. A more recent trend has been focused around a more powerful play style envolving high mobility, in other words Mechanized Tau. The new units will not be that key to the army as a whole but will deffinetly be nice additions.

Kroot, Firewarriors, Hammerheads, drones, crisis suits and broadsides should not be changing. The old stealth suits will still be usable too and I personally think they look better. The only units being changed that I know about are stealths, crisis suit commanders and etherials. The rest are new units such as the skyray, sniper drones, vespids and the piranha.

Old 28 Jan 2006, 11:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to chrissi3

go fishy go, fishy inferno!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 12:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissi3
go fishy go, fishy inferno!
If you haven't got anything worthwhile to say then please by all means don't say anything at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 28 Jan 2006, 13:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius

Or build on the fishy thing:

I'm currently building an army to verse eldar and trying out lots of devilfishes with full units of firewarriors cramming in as many carbines as possible to dart up close, fire blindly, hopefully pinning an enemy in place while staying out of range, the devil fish ready to dart away again.

No matter how mcuh firepower you posses, eventually the enemy will get to you. Mech Tau is a way of building a fluid army so that by the time they've gotten there, you've relocated to better firing positions.

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 28 Jan 2006, 14:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespear

I know some things are changing like stealth suits but what about crisis suits? Broadsides?

Safe to buy them now?
I'd really suggest looking at the new Crisis suits at Forgeworld - they arn't going to be in the new codex, but quite a few people (myself included) are busy upgrading their XV8s to the XV89 - whilst technically a more heavily armoured varient it does just look like a more modern battlesuit and is full posable - there are shoulder, leg, knee, ankle and elbow joints. Allows for a massive range of great poses. They are a bit less than twice the price of the normal ones (£18 rather than £10) but well worth it I would say - alternatively you could use one as a commander with iridium armour plates (a new option in the upcoming codex that has the same rules as the FW suit).
Their Broadside model is really nice too - railguns on the arms and generally a less blocky model like the command battlesuits.
Closed Thread