Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help me get away from BA!!!
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jan 2006, 20:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Help me get away from BA!!!

Hi all,

ive been a member for a few days reading all your info, printing army lists to get in the way of the tau,

ive been inspired by this fledging race and really want to create an army that can hold itself on the field,

the problem is im used to blood angels and IG, so im thinking loads of tau transports and warriors but thumbing through the codex there more of a shooty team with kroot as the combat warriors, ???

so if you have any tips on the army design i could use (bearing in mind i do love tanks) nothing fancy just quick experience guide for a small army,

saying that can tau get away with loads and loads of troops??

conscript ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Old 27 Jan 2006, 20:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Help me get away from BA!!!

If you take all troops, you won't be able to touch tanks unless you take EMP Grenades (still can't touch skimmers). Otherwise, yes. It is possible, but not entirely recommended. If you do, take some Gue'vesa for EMPers.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 20:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Can Tau get away with a troop heavy list, perhaps even a mechanized one? In short, yes, yes we can.

You can use a lot of Firewarriors mounted in devilfish transports. 4 squads of 10 would work very well. Add a few Hammerheads and some battlesuits and your all set. Use the crisis suits to fill the low ap and light/medium anti armor capability and the Hammerheads to drop pie plates or blow up big tanks.

Fire warriors are a great unit. They are pretty cheap, have a good save, an excelent gun and can be bonded and upgraded with a shas'ui. Plus the Devilfish is a really rather resilient transport.

For instance my combat patrol list is this:

Firewarriors (8.), bonded, shas'ui
-Devilfish APC, targeting array, multi tracker, decoy launchers

Firewarriors (8.), bonded, shas'ui
-Devilfish APC, targeting array, multi tracker, decoy launchers

Only 16 troops, I am almost always outnumbered but they are enough to get the job done as I have so far never lost with this list. Firewarriors can pack a real punch when used well and can be very effective as a main troop to work off of.

If you want to go troop heavy and get lots of tanks than a mech list would likely be the way to go for you.

[size=8pt]Fixed the 8's from becoming this: 8) - Aunny[/size]

Old 27 Jan 2006, 21:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Click on my sig! Transport heavy, Kroot(less/filled) lists that pwn... and how to make them.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 28 Jan 2006, 14:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

thanks for the advice, i think im going to go with Vash113 combat patrol for now, get them ordered,

but dont despair MechTau ill most likely move for the mechanised army > once it starts building size (i hate have loads of models around unpainted!)

to be honest i didnt think tau would have army lists like yours tho mate

thanks again for the advice

conscript
Closed Thread