Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How do you kill Space Wolves?
Closed Thread
Old 27 Jan 2006, 00:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default How do you kill Space Wolves?

I can't win exept (in a 2000 pt army) when I get a load of fire warriors, and at least 3 broadsides.And then i've only won once (against those cheesy people!)
Old 27 Jan 2006, 01:04   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: How dou you kill Space Wolves?

welcome to the forum

anyways what does he do (transports or mega footsloggers) for a balance id put in 1 railhead w/sms and kami-krooties to weaken them so your fire warriors can just go boom boom and make them take 10 armour save resulting in about 3 failures and you keep whittling them down

Old 27 Jan 2006, 01:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

Yes welcome to the forums

It would be helpful if you could give us a rough list of what you're working with (your list) and if possible, what your opponent is using. Personally I've never fought Wolves but they are another SM chapter. So power armour, power weapons and some variation of bolter. From what I've seen they're quite CC oriented correct? Another thing that would be useful are your tactics as well as what you've seen of his.

We look forward to helping you!

Liin~

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 27 Jan 2006, 01:17   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

i used to play wolves so i can tell you any weakness you need keep in mind i only lost once with them (darn khorne Berzerkers) but i can give you anti any strategy

Old 27 Jan 2006, 04:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Like most strategies Tau, its largely about target priority. If you expect him to take most of his troops in transports, give all your broadsides target locks so they can each fire at something seperate. Remember that any penetrating hit on a transport automatically ejects the squad inside it so it can slow an transport army down significantly.

Personally, I dont like to take kroot against space marine types unless kroot hounds are involved.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 01:34   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: How do you kill Space Wolves?

Well, he has one rhino, 3 bikes, venerable dreadnought, and a bunch of grey hunters and blood claws fully tricked out! My army list is completly flexible (i have a phantom army), so I can use anything ;D ;D
Old 28 Jan 2006, 04:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Ah, good, no space wolf scouts. those things can really ruin your day. :P

Sound's like he's very assaulty and has some fast things to get in quick. If you haven't already, might I refer you to the MECH TAU BIBLE;

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~leebj/

It contains within it's holy pages the types of strategies you need to keep mobile yet still maintain good firepower. The object of your match should be;

1; stay out of his reach. Bring vehicles and crisis suits, perhaps even some kroot to stop whatever makes it (or at least slow them down....)

2; negate his firepower using LOS; whether it's the good ol JsJ with crisis suit jumps where you start and end the phase behind cover or as I like to call it "tank sniping" where you use the railgun's immense range on a vehicle to your advantage, along with cover, to ensure that whatever you're shooting at, it doesn't get to fire unless it's been fired at first.

3; concentrate your attacks; don't stop shooting something until it's completely dead. And shoot the fastest things first; namely the bikes and rhino.

With these in mind and fresh ideas from mech tau, you should be able to surprise your opponent with some tau well fitted to avoiding his assault and still giving him plenty to worry about in firepower.
Old 28 Jan 2006, 04:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

How do you usually go when fighting him? What gives you the most trouble to kill?

For a 2000 point army both your lists seem abit small. A few FW's and 3 Broadsides for 2000 points? Something dosen't add up there.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 28 Jan 2006, 05:02   #9 (permalink)
lonely tau

counters
Rhino=broadsides
bikes=crisis w/plasma rifle
grey hunters=fire warriors and kroot
blood claws=more fire warriors and kroot
dred.=broadsides
i find thi the most effective type of startegy to use

Old 28 Jan 2006, 05:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmmmm...... Have you got any idea why you keep losing? Those counters seem to be pretty effective. The trickiest thing for me to kill in that list would be the Dreadnought. Re - rolls on the damage dice is nasty. At least a Dread isn't a skimmer. Skimmers with that rule can be nasty.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Closed Thread