Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Does anyone know what the Pathfinder Marker Beacon looks like?
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jan 2006, 22:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Does anyone know what the Pathfinder Marker Beacon looks like?

I'm working on a Pathfinder Devilfish right now, and I was interested in adding the rumored Pathfinder Marker Beacon. I've heard a rumor that it allows more accurate deep striking (!!!) and it's mounted on the new codex Pathfinder Devilfish. I was thinking of something like the sensor turret of the Hammerhead, but with a burst cannon there, I need something else.

Actually, the model is already a little different. I had a Forgeworld Twin Weapon Turret that I modified to carry a couple seeker missiles. Looks pretty cool! Makes it stand out from the Fire Warrior Devilfish.

Anyone with info on the operation of the Marker Beacon, feel free to speculate on it's appearance. I was guessing it's like a Markerlight.

Old 27 Jan 2006, 02:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Does anyone know what the Pathfinder Marker Beacon looks like?

I'm guessing it'll be "built in" and won't actually have an exterior feature. Although this is just my guess, I don't actually know for sure.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 27 Jan 2006, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

There's no inspiring pictures of a squad of heroic Pathfinders with a Devilfish hovering protectively nearby with some sort of beam coming from a new turret shooting into the distance in the preview codex?
Old 27 Jan 2006, 15:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There might be. I spent my precious 20 minutes with eyes glued to the Wargear section though. I know jack-all about fluff, special characters, or the hobbyist section.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Closed Thread