Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep]Tau vs. Space Marines!
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jan 2006, 05:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default [BatRep]Tau vs. Space Marines!

An elite Tau strike force has been dispatched to eliminate an oil refinery. The planet only has one oil processing plant in Imperial hands. If the oil reserves can be ignited, the entire structure will dissapear in a raging inferno...

Mission was pure sabotoge. As long as the refinery is destroyed, the Imperial network will be sufficiently disrupted to count as a vicory.

My List!

- Shas'O
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Fusion blaster (Hard wired multitracker)

- Aun'Shi

- Helios

- Deathrain

- Four stealths

- 10 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui upgrade

- Devilfish (Targetting Array, Multitracker, Decoy Launcher)

- 10 Kroot

The list of my worthy opponent was mixed Smurfs and Imps

- Chaplian

- Gaunt (I let him slide on the 1500 point thing)

- Two minimized Marine squads with a Rocket Launcher

- Two Armoured Fist squads

- A team of Catachans

- Land Speeder

Terrain: There was a nice refinery thingy in the middle of the floor (Hey, I like large maps!). This was surrounded by some sand bags. There was a bunker just inside the encirclement of fortifications. There was a ruined forest fortification on the left, and a bombed out crater (similarly overgrown with jungle) and some nice scattered hills.

He deployed in a nice circle the wagons around the refinery.

I set up near the crater and deep struck the Deathrain. I hoped to catch the transports in a crossfire of Missile pods

Kroot infiltrated, Aun'Shi tagging along.

Then:

Deathrain got near jungly fortifications, ready to JSJ

Helios tag teamed with Commander, moving behind the ruined bunker to stay out of LoS but within range of the Land Speeder.

Kroot got within charge of the right hand marine unit. Aun'Shi was solely for the Ld.

Stealthsuits moved within range of right hand marine unit

Shas'la sat, ready to open fire.

I fired on the Marines, taking them almost below half strength. The chaplain was out of Los due to my "hide the Helios behind the bunker".

My commander stunned a Chimera, takign off a Heavy Flamer along with the furious slavo. The Deathrain Immobilized the other, similarly destroying the Heavy Flamer. My Helios SCORCHED the Land Speeder, its crew and vital systems utterly melted as my Fusion Blaster succeded!

My Kroot, backed up by Aun'Shi charged the Marines. Only the Vet sarge and a Missile Launcher guy was left.

... three Kroot died in the attrition.

Taking an Ld test at a -5 modifier, he needed a four to not run away like a pussy. He should have run, leaving me free to continue on my Kroot charging rampage.

... he rolled snake eyes.

Space Marine Turn 1

2nd Marine squad goes romping off toward my Kroot. Catachans and Gaunt pile in on my Kroot. Chaplain gets in on the action.

... I have Aun'Shi and one Kroot left. They take a morale check at a -5 modifier, and fail. Then they get run down. (Are the Ethereals themselves Fearless, or only the FW they join?)

Luckily, Price of fariliure does nothing! Yayyy!

Tau, Turn Two

My Helios and Commander tag-team edge closer to the Refinery. One more turn... cmon, one more turn!

The Marines/Catachans/Cadians/Gaunt/Chaplain combo is close. I move the DF right infront of them, and then let loose!

All models that are Imperial Guard (except Gaunt) are dead... except for the Cadians that are starting toward my deepstruck Deathrain.

Smurfs and Imps, Turn Two

- All models notice my Helios and Commander. They run, realizing my fient moved them out of position (Go Kroot!). I will have to survive a turn of CC apparently...

Tau Turn Three

- Commander and Helios get into BTB contact with the Refinery. They speak the word, and incinerary charges drop from their feet. They eye the angry marines and Guard with horror, waiting anxiously for the confirmation...

And yes I shoot the Marines with everything to no effect!

Marine Turn Three

- Guard moves in. Before charging, a burst of promithium takes a wound off my commander. A few innefectual bolt pistol shots later, Marines charge my Helios, 10 Guardsmen my Shas'O.

Shas'O deftly blocks the blows of the Guela, while the Chaplain and some marines kill the Helios. The commander breaths a sigh of relief... he didn't know it would end this way, but the charges are armed.

Tau Turn Four

"For the Tau'va!" the Shas'O shouts over the intercom, and a shout of victory throughout the Tau ranks is swiftly silenced as their leader dies in a spectacular explosion...

Commants and AAR

Wow. That was a good game. We both had a great time, and really liked the way I ended it. We had a great time...

My opponent had a ragtag force due to model restrictions. He should be buying more coherent forces soon...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 26 Jan 2006, 09:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: BatRep!

So your Shas'O hung around next to active charges? I think his promotion must have been a clerical error.

Also, can a squad infiltrate with a character who can't? I didn't think they could.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 26 Jan 2006, 10:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you cant infirate a charature inless he has infirate in his line. also kroot cant use his LD because of mercinary rules.

also you cant charge one turn one inless some one has a scout turn to get close to an infirated unit the rules say 12 away there for its imposible to get a 1 turn charge and if it was there only be two models in contact

and what blew up the refinery? and why didnt you shoot it in turn 1?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 11:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfeix
and what blew up the refinery? and why didnt you shoot it in turn 1?
Raid mission Sabotage equips all infantry units with demo charges to destroy the target. It can only be destroyed by B2B contact through 2 assault phases (the first turn you touch it....survive to the next turn...boom!).
Old 26 Jan 2006, 15:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: [BatRep]Tau vs. Space Marines!

Exactly. He had to drop it, then wait for the confirmation. While he was waiting, they were both charged. I didn't fight back with the Shas'O; he was giving the voice command to detonate.

Where are these mercenary rules?

I set up really close to the objective. My opponent didn't have any problems with that, he wanted CC...

So really there were a few house rules going on... our custom raid mission.

I hope he gets more models...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 26 Jan 2006, 15:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: [BatRep]Tau vs. Space Marines!

ok i hadent understood the mission properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Where are these mercenary rules?
look at the kroot entry in the codex its right there
Closed Thread