Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Broadsides or Hammerhead?
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jan 2006, 04:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Broadsides or Hammerhead?

Im currently in the process of building a semi--mech tau army, and i was wondering how good 2 brodsides are compared to a single hammerhead, as they have double the firepower and can tak 2 lascannons, with the large rest of my army mobile, i figued i they might be able to hide better amongst my crisis suits and devilfishs

any thoughs on viability?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 04:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Broadsides or hammerhead?

It depends on what you need. For flexibility go with the Hammerhead, for pure anti tank power go with the broadsides. Each has their own role and it really depends on what you need the heavy support in your army to do.

Old 26 Jan 2006, 05:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau
Default Re: Broadsides or hammerhead?

Every army has to make this choice. Either troops with heavy weapons, or a cool tank!

I say a Hammerhead or two has you set for medium sized games. But in larger ones, Broadsides become must need... people find room for the Monoliths and Land Raiders.

I favour HH because you can scoot to the side and side armour them. But sometimes, you just can't.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to smilingyello Send a message via MSN to smilingyello Send a message via Yahoo to smilingyello
Default Re: Broadsides or Hammerhead?

I play with some heavy Necrons out where i live, and i find the answer to be simple, get as many Broadsides as you do Hammerheads, The hammer head's rail gun's submunitions shot or the Ion cannon, both do massive ammounts of damage, and the broads can take down those pesky destroyers from all the way accross the table, granted they have LOS!

stupid heavy D's >
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I prefer the Hammerheads for their mobility and durability. I also like the submunition attack. It doesn't do a lot of damage against marines, but it scares the players. Two Broadsides can do a lot more damage. They have two shots to one, and hit more with them with the twin-linking. Broadsides are the way to go if you can get away with having static firebases.

Old 26 Jan 2006, 14:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The anti-tank in my army is virtually always due to my broadsides. I carry 2 railheads and 2 broadsides in my army (though I'm likely to add a broadside shortly), and the broadsides are MUCH more effective in an anti-tank role than the hammerheads IF they can see the target. That hasn't been too hard so far, but a good player can keep you from seeing their tanks.

The hammerheads are great for versatility and speed. I wouldn't think of using broadsides until I had my two hammerheads, as even though they are better at tank popping, they are just too static to be effective on their own.

Get the hammerheads, then later on suppliment with broadsides. That's my opinion
Old 26 Jan 2006, 14:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I run broadsides. SO far they havent let me down like the hammer heads.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 15:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

Personaly I would favor the toughnes of a broadside than the armour value o a hammerhead.
This way, you get several saves ( more broadside wounds than one hammerhead wound ) and you get more fire power.
But I think that if I get my army to a certain point, im going to try out some hammerhead mobility as well ^-^
But isnt this what you got stealth´s and crisis suits for?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 15:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

i never leave home wthout 3 hammerheads.

2 railguns. 1 ion cannon. all with decoy launchers, multi trackers and target locks.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 26 Jan 2006, 19:54   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Personaly im all for tanks.
I hate stereotypes. One imparticlar annoys me the most. It goes "World Piece is a good thing. It obviously is NOT. World piece would cause every carnivorus plant/ animal to die out. It would also caus overpopulation of many speices, due to lack of predetors. it also would cause many brilliant people to just not invent things. Wars caused the creation of many things including computers. So, next time you see a campaign for world piece, you know that its all lies.
Closed Thread