Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldar Specific Collection
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius
Default Eldar Specific Collection

I'm moderately new to TAU, and currently have a devilfish, 12 fire warriors and a lone crisis suit.

In the summer I will be going to Warhammer World in nttingham with my club and battling one of the teachers who will accompan us. He is a veteran (and I mean he's gne abroad on championships) and plays an eldar army. The last tactic he used to great sucsess was to have a large "seeer council".

I have approx. 150 to spend max, how should I priorotise my purchases? What works best?

-The Bleak Assassin-
Delvaurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Eldar Specific Collection

how much is that american moneys?
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
ToastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Buy a Hamer head along with 2 more boxes of fire warriors, and possibly another devil fish.
Then buy crisis suits with the last of your $$$.
Use ebay.

Before you do this though what type of force do you want?
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:25   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to shas_o_bbq_sauce Send a message via Yahoo to shas_o_bbq_sauce

I think from $75 to $100. Not sure.

But, about the query. The thing you got to remember about the seer council is: there may be a good few of them and their nasty things to go up against, but they are fragile in the respects of a powerful H.q. unit. One of the most fragile I've played against anyway.

The Thing is their save is invurerable, so plenty of shots will do nicely against them, you'll get plenty of wounds. Missle pods on battlesuits do a treat, nice long range to stay away from the physchic powers but still shoot. the fire warriors are always useful but generally vunerable to the 'mind war' power. also, the farseer's can augment, doubling their range and can re-roll physchic tests.

You would need to give us more info on what his sort of normal units would be.

But I'd say get another battlesuit or 2, another squad of fire warriors and either a Hammerhead or some broadsides.

Wins Loses Draws
1 2 0
shas_o_bbq_sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

about $225 I think, roughly.

I want a mostly mechanised force with lots of shoting, I'd like the army where I can mount fire warrior units, then take all hammerheads and suits for a very mobile army that dishes out fire power. Would this work against eldar though?

I'm not too sure of his army, and i'm not very learned on the elday as a whole, so general basic units that should have an all round ability against his troops would be helpful.

Would a sort of assassin team of suits with perhaps shield drones be any good for his seers?

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:43   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

The seer council can be surprisingly durable. They have good saves, which are invulnerable and normally re-rollable. Their toughness is low, but that is really their greatest weakness. I would not recommend taking a lot of Crisis suits against them. They fall to easily to Mind War, and their attacks won't really do any more than those of a standard Fire Warrior. My advice is also to maximise the number of shots you can pour into them, so I would recommend more Fire Warriors and maybe a Devilfish for them. With a mobile Tau army, you have to keep in mind that Eldar are still going to be faster than you by a good bit. Make the most of your durability.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

So, equip crisis with missile pod and plasma perhaps, nie no. of shots, take 2 full squads of 12 with devil, 2 hammerhead - 1 ion, 1 rail? and perhaps some stealth suits?

I'm hoping that perhaps the prihanna or vespid will be helpfull in my war. I'll probably buy the new battlaion if it's any good, usually save some cash....

I have 2 qustions, thanks for your help:
1) Kroot any good against eldar? or is it better to max on FWs?
2) Ion or Rail head?

Thanks guys, hopefully i'll stand a good chance of versing him....hopefully.

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 25 Jan 2006, 22:04   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think I would take an Ionhead against the Eldar. Its primary use is against Space Marines or Necrons. The Railhead is not really my first choice, either, as against many Eldar units, it is either overkill or undereffective. With a markerlight-guided template, though, it can be useful for clearing out Guardians or Rangers. Missile Pods are really the optimal weapon for Eldar Vehicles, combining decent strength with good range and high ROF.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2006, 22:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Isn't their max Armour 12? So, cut down heavy support, makes sense actully...

Thanks khanaris, you've given me a fair bit to think about - though dont get too complacent, i'm not through picking your brains yet

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 25 Jan 2006, 22:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I would suggest that you buy a devilfish squad box so you can have 2 mounted units of 10 firewarriors and another crisis suit and a hammerhead. Any money you have left could be used for possibly another HH or some more crisis suits.

The eldar seer council is a powerful unit but its not that tough. It will fall easily to small arms fire but heavy weapons arent that usefull. Send pulse shots and templates at it till you have just seers left then some fusion blasters or a couple of railguns can finish off those multi wound farseers.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote