Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

GW Preview Codex
Closed Thread
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default GW Preview Codex

So I have read from cover to cover the new Tau Codex that GW sends to all their stores as a preview, and I have got to say that the new Codex makes Tau rock even harder than they currently do. I can only assume that the rest of you have also seen it, or will soon, so I would like your ideas on the new stuff. I have actually used the Stingwings in a battle and found their performance actually pretty good (they killed 4 Gaunts, 1 Ravener, and a Tyrant Guard). More to the point after reading the new rules I want your take on the Piranha. There are some rules that make the Phirana, and their drones, extremely good. I just want to see who found the same stuff I did. (I am not posting what I have found just in case some people have not seen it yet.)

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: GW Preview Codex

Unfortunatly not being anywhere near a GW store I'll have to wait untill I can mail order one. So anything you can tell me would be appreciated.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:12   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Careful dude. Aunny locked one of the threads similiar(actually the same) to your thred, sanctum. My country doesn't have a GW store. But I'll wait for the suprise when the new codex comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, posting GW copyrighted material will do that....

All you can really say about the new codex is how much better it is opposed to the old codex. Going into detail before its released could have its repercussions...

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:33   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well, we locked that one because the poster was offering to share actual information. As long as we keep it to speculation, GW's crack team of legal ninjas won't burst in through the windows. Until the update is available to the greater public in March, it would be better to keep discussion of the new codex to Rumours.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
GW's crack team of legal ninjas won't burst in through the windows.
well i better get install lynxs that will foyle them

right what i've heard about the pirhana squardon when the drones unload they become i mega drone squardon any truth

Edit by RJay: . <-- That thing there is called a full stop, you should try it sometime...
Old 25 Jan 2006, 17:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

and theres nothing that keeps us from talking about FLUFF (

muahahahahahaha

so- whats the new codex like fluff wise if you've read it cover to cover?
~good hunting
Old 25 Jan 2006, 17:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

There's a lot of point sinks in there. A lot of things that seem like they'd be handy but when you actually sit back and figure out how much it's costing you and what you're getting for it... it turns out not to be such a good buy. I've made up and tested several lists using the new codex and each iteration brings me back closer to what I ran before.

Things I like in order of coolness:

Pathfinders
Broadsides with ASS and the new Shield Drone rules
All Carbine Firewarriors
Skyray
Deathrains with BSF (combined with their Acute Senses USR, this is REALLY powerful)
Flechette Dischargers
Kroot Hounds

Things that I think people are going to buy but that are really not very good:

Stealths with Fusion Blasters
XV8's with all manner of bizarre (and REALLY expensive) wargear/weapons
Sniper Teams
SMS on Devilfish
Vespids
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 25 Jan 2006, 17:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I'm quite disappointed to hear the low reviews on sniper teams. Vespids, there has been a lot of talk about, due to their ap3 flamers, and the transition to the lack of them. They are really quite fragile, but I think they might be worth it.

On the other hand I have heard next to nothing about sniper teams, and I was hoping our other AP3 battery would be good. A sleeper hit, if you will. I guess not; I should have known better.

From what I have heard, I am excited about Ion Cannons on hammerheads, and about Pirannhas.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
I'm quite disappointed to hear the low reviews on sniper teams. Vespids, there has been a lot of talk about, due to their ap3 flamers, and the transition to the lack of them. They are really quite fragile, but I think they might be worth it.

On the other hand I have heard next to nothing about sniper teams, and I was hoping our other AP3 battery would be good. A sleeper hit, if you will. I guess not; I should have known better.

From what I have heard, I am excited about Ion Cannons on hammerheads, and about Pirannhas.
Hammerheads always could have Ion Cannons
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Closed Thread