Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'shovah and Pre-Ethereal Tau
Closed Thread
Old 25 Jan 2006, 02:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default O'shovah and Pre-Ethereal Tau

this topic is being talked about on Warseer currently but I like these message boards more, especially since these guy's have the little "updated topics" section for each user.

so- Apparently the new bonded firewarriors of the farsight enclaves are called Blood Brothers and this is started the idea that O'shova is actually being mildly influenced by Khorn and that pre-ethereal society was indeed Khorn influences as well.
i believe this is a bit of an overstatement since all warrior cultures, including the Space Marines who give tribute to the Gods of War and the Emperor before and during battle, are somehow connected to Khorn- after all, it doesnt matter who's skulls and who's blood- ALL FOR KHORN...
ahem...
~good hunting
Old 25 Jan 2006, 02:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: O'shovah and Pre-Ethereal Tau

Not necessarily true, Khaila Mensha Khaine is the bloody handed god and I have heard eldar use the war cry "blood for the blood god" in reference to Khaine.

Also it is not uncommon for tribal warrior groups to heavily use blood imagery and customs. The fire warriors bonding involves a ritual cutting that produces... blood. Since the Farsight enclaves are far more warrior based than the rest of Tau society as a whole, even where the fire caste is concerned its not surprising that they would resort to altering their traditions more towards images of blood. Blood brothers, blooding, etc.

All blood is not necessarily for the blood god. It has to be shed right. On an alter and by those worshiping the blood god or those manipulated by them. In such a way as to make an offering to the blood god. Such as the planet Tartarus being one giant alter. At least thats how I understand it, chaos isnt my strong point though.

Old 25 Jan 2006, 02:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

no but you see- thats where Khorn comes into everything- let me ask you this, how was Khorn created?
~good hunting
Old 25 Jan 2006, 03:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Those crazy eldar and their warp stuff.

Really all those warrior cults praising the blood god are all really worshipping korn. Most of them will have some sort of blood letting were maybe the priest sacrifices something so that the soldiers might live another day, or the priest might cut himself and fill a bowl with his blood as an offering. Yeah given that that is the more extreme circumstances but their might be some burning incenses for luck.

And war really is just one giant alter for war gods. I mean blood gods like blood and if you ever see huge battle grounds the ground will most likely be soaked in blood. Ohhh the coincidences

Old 25 Jan 2006, 03:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

however it should be retained that does not make everybody a Khorn worshiper- it merely means that everyone who makes war contributes to him- just as everyone who falls in love contributes to Slannesh or everyone that wants to learn contributes to Tzeench- the God's have very little to do with mortals and their daemons and greater daemons are manifestations of mortal extremes in feelings. So when people say that O'shova is a Khorn worshiper- he has a warlike society perhaps is there reason- tell them "yes" but then again so is everyone.
~good hunting
Old 25 Jan 2006, 04:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i think if theres any think kronate about farsight it is because hes big, Red and likes CC.

that said i think that farsight is probley the most indepent person in the universe and doesnt do any ones bidding
Old 25 Jan 2006, 04:40   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Chaos gods lie at the ends of long paths walked in their chosen virtues. A civilization that revels in combat and bloodshed and rage will be drawn to Khorne, slowly and inexorably, just as one that wallows in debauchery will eventually find its way to Slaanesh. Those desperate for arcane and forbidden knowledge will eventually turn to the only source that can ultimately provide it. You get sick and Grandfather Nurgle welcomes you with open arms (although Nurgle doesn't really fit in sometimes with the way the other chaos gods draw worshippers). I am sure Khorne would appreciate the unwitting offerings of a Tau blood cult, but whether he is able to influence them to any real degree is hard to say.

We will know in March (hopefully). I wouldn't put too much faith in theories at this point.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 04:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

I would say that you are obsessed with this Chaos thing. It is only "Chaos" if the emotion supercedes normal ranges. Visiting a Library doesn't power Tzennich...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 25 Jan 2006, 04:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
I would say that you are obsessed with this Chaos thing. It is only "Chaos" if the emotion supercedes normal ranges. Visiting a Library doesn't power Tzennich...
but visting the hairdresses does... lord of change and all
Old 25 Jan 2006, 05:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

i'm not saying going to the library makes a tzeench daemon- im merely trying to explain that just because Tau do blood rituals and like combat doesn't mean they are being controled by chaos (look, lots of people think this) but i am explaining how they could have a relationship with Chaos just as everyone has a relationship with chaos.
if you read Into the Eye even dreams show up in the warp, its hard to imagine but everything has a reaction in the warp- so imagine when a sacrifice is made, or a million sacrifices- it has more of a reaction.
the Gods of Chaos and the daemons that exist in the warp are the culmination of emotions- the strongest are obviosly the ones thought of the most and are the "darker" aspects of feeling- the Tau wouldn't have that much of an effect due to there "impression" while the Eldar obviosly would be opposite to that.
it doesn't need to be for chaos to add to chaos
get what i'm saying?
~good hunting