Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sub-Zero?
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau
Default Sub-Zero?

Sorry if this has been asked before but i used the search an couldna find anything although i've had trouble wi searchin b4 :P

Would tau be able to survive in sub-zero temperatures? I was thinkin of some fluff for my sept and i just wanna know if tau could survive in artic worlds? i was planning a sort of more isolated tau, lone wolf sort of pack of warriors (kinda like farsight but not as crap (no offence))

Also any idea's of a sort of cold name for a sept? Cheers for any replies!
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius
Default Re: Sub-Zero?

Well, I'd imagine they definately could, with that much technology, itwould be easy to adjust a suit with heat pannels or such, though you'll just have to go on whatever you want here. Think of the temperature in space though.....

nyway, for some reason, dhar something brings up cold in my mind, darth, derth i dont know, but like the darth'la sept i'd expect to be cold from such a name.

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:10   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tau
Sorry if this has been asked before but i used the search an couldna find anything although i've had trouble wi searchin b4 :P

Would tau be able to survive in sub-zero temperatures? I was thinkin of some fluff for my sept and i just wanna know if tau could survive in artic worlds? i was planning a sort of more isolated tau, lone wolf sort of pack of warriors (kinda like farsight but not as crap (no offence))

Also any idea's of a sort of cold name for a sept? Cheers for any replies!
Like humans, Tau can use technology to adapt to a wider range of conditions than their bodies could normally tolerate. T'au itself appears to be a fairly hot and arid planet, so I would guess that Tau might not have much tolerance for colder climates. I imagine they would just wear warmer clothes. Buildings, vehicles, and battlesuits would all be climate-controlled anyway. The better question might be whether or not Kroot could survive in an arctic climate (eat polar bears and get fur?)
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tau
The better question might be whether or not Kroot could survive in an arctic climate (eat polar bears and get fur?)
That would make an interesting conversion point for your army....

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

Thanks guys.....My question sounds a bit stupid now (hitting myself for not thinking of technology!)

I like the darth'la name, Delvaurius! did you get it from the codex or did you think it up? (not accusing, just canna b bothered gettin ma codex ;D)
I think the kroot would be able to survive with the furs or the tau could lend em a hand. I was thinkin that, it would be a good idea if tau did help out, the harsh enviroment could create a greater unity between the kroot and the tau, so they almost share their lifestyles, this also goes with my army well as i never play a game without kroot. Plus this will be good as my armour/clothing scheme for my tau is white and ice blue, and my kroot are a dark blue fading to light blue. so all i need is to make some fur.

Thanks again you've given me some good ideas!
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I made up Darth'la, though i's not too disimilar to those in the codex...

Well, your scheme should be quite impressive, perhaps you could put a fine layer of green stuff over the cloaks to show they've skinned a bear or something, or literally graft fur onto their skin (though that'd be much harder to pull off).

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

err i just like to piont out that no one could live on a enviroment which could hold and sertain sub zero. any one who tryed would have all the energy suck from the moeclues and they would stop. it would be a very stupid to live on a planet which shouldent be posible and is just a hell to live on when there are many saner planets to live on

now an artic world world of course they could there is even pictures of tau in snow on the devil fish box
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:45   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well I must say that an artic themed army is cool.

But hey, I'm the only dude in my gaming area that uses a volcanic themed Tau force. Way crazier than yours. Thnik about the SM world of nocturne.........you'll get the idea. :-\

Anyway, good luck dude. Make a good fluff and a good colouring scheme to make it a very distinct force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Quote:
err i just like to piont out that no one could live on a enviroment which could hold and sertain sub zero.
Ever hear of space stations?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 18:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
Quote:
err i just like to piont out that no one could live on a enviroment which could hold and sertain sub zero.
Ever hear of space stations?
space is not a sub zero enviroment by the way and doesnt have the problem caused by low temperature enviorments because the amount of matter in space means the draw of energy is not registable.

you loss heat 2 ways

radiotion: which is infa red light which happens all the time

transference: this is the one in which your envirmoment is important. but because space has such a low desity (space is not a vacum) the amount of energy lossed this way is very small

space is not a good way for cooling have you ever seen a vaccum flask they keep things warm for ages.
Closed Thread