Warhammer 40K Forum

For the greater good?
Closed Thread
Old 19 Jan 2006, 14:48   #1 (permalink)
BuG
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to BuG
Default For the greater good?

Well....Here's justa question. I have been collecting warhammer for a pretty long time...
I have all the codexes and have checked out every little bit. I have also checked
billions of battle reps on internet. But out of 10000000 games against tyranids...They win 1.
And against the rest about 20 out of 55. Are they really good? I know they will have new codex.... And I may also have very wrong. But here's the real qustion...
DO TAU SUCK!? :

[size=8pt]Sweaing in the subject bar will not be tolorated. Please read the Forum Rules and Posting Guidlines. You have been warned. - Aunny

Regarding your codexes - that is not to be discussed here, or even mentioned at all - see the Forum Rules - mace
[/size]
Old 19 Jan 2006, 14:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin
Default Re: For the greater good?

I've played Tyranids twice, and I lost one game out of being idiotic enough to not shoot his one synapse creature(it was 500 pts). I played him again right after that and completely slaughtered him without the loss of a single troop. So it seems to me Tau can be used very effective against Tyranids. Out of every other game I've played against any other race I've won almost all of them, or at least tied them. They by no means suck, but can be fairly complicated to use.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 15:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I have no trouble against tyranids. Or much of anything else for that matter. The only armies that give me a real hard time are fast moving marines/chaos and necrons.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 16:06   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to fire man

tau are very usefull against every0ne because the tau thke down every thing before they even get in range thats why tau are good ;D
Old 19 Jan 2006, 20:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight

in my thoughts i think S M

because they get to close are their armour save is really good
so ya

Tau over all is really good but there are others
Old 19 Jan 2006, 20:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

ive only ever played tau, im a total fanatic having not only translated the Golden Plate by myself, but also making proxy models two months before they came out- my obsession with them has made me concentrated and challenged almost all the time by the people that go to the local store. it was rough in the beginning but now i can safely say that Tau do not suck and if anything they rely the most on the commander and how that commander has to change his tactics and rely on every aspect of his army- unlike a SM who can buff up a command squad or dominate with a tactical squad
i have a 50 game streak- Tau do not suck.
~good hunting
Old 19 Jan 2006, 21:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've had mixed results. Against my buddies SMs I've been very successful, suprisingly successful actually. But in battle involving more then two players, usually a 3 way battel between my Tau, SMs, and Eldar, I've had no success, with the Eldar player usually comming out ahead.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 21:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Tau absolutely do not suck, there are just a lot of noobs playing the army and getting stomped. Reading battle reports is in no way a good way to gauge the army as a whole, just particular builds and tactics. I myself have a fairly good record and against various opponents. Ive killed almost every type of marine you can imagine, faced Eldar and IG a few times, have duked it out with both types of Inquisition, splattered a few nids and shot up a couple chaos armies and in general I have a fair amount of success.

Tau do not suck at all. They are just not that easy of an army to play. They are not nearly as forgiving as other armies out there. They also look cool and thus attract a lot of new players who not knowing the game very well and not being able to put the Tau to good use are beaten repeatedly. This is by no means something that always happens its just a general trend one can notice lately. An influx of Tau players and a great deal of them being new to the game.

Try out the Tau, play them and you will see that fighting for the greater good is not a lost cause.

Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

I agree with Vash113, the Tau are a great army, it's just that it takes experience to play Tau, like playing Free Bird on a guitar.
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

Which is quite a feat! I find the only army that has caused me big problems are chaos but i have beaten them before.