Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

If Tau invaded Earth......
View Poll Results: (Read post for question)
Support Tau 69 56.10%
Support Humans 39 31.71%
Stay Neutral 15 12.20%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 16 Jan 2006, 00:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default If Tau invaded Earth......

If the Tau invaded present day Earth tommorow, and whatever side you backed would control the planet (I know the Tau would win but bear with me) which side would you back? Would you join the Tau and hope for a better world? Or be a patriot and fight for total independence?

Thanks for your thoughts.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 16 Jan 2006, 00:52   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: If Tau invaded Earth......

I would support humanity, as far as that goes. I would have little trouble adapting to the new world order after we were defeated, however. The Tau would have little use for us if we just gave up as soon as they broke orbit, after all.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: Maurice Louisiana, 3 miles from civilization and straight on till morning
Send a message via Yahoo to shadowclasper

Ummmm... I don't think Tau would ask complete subservience, some races in the story line didn't become stead fast allies like the kroot to the tau but instead signed treaties saying stuff like "if you don't side against us with our enemies, we won't side against you with your enemies." But If such a thing did occure I would side with humans and become an ultimate hacker ot steal Tau technical designs WOOHOO!!

Shas'O Tash'var Vral Ko'Vash'Shi: "Or'es'Shas has only met with one crippling defeat, at the hands of the metallic dead... and we shall purge them form the galaxy, not just to avenge our fallen, but to prevent them from slowing the greater good's advance ever again." Before the battle to save refugees on Medusa V from being harvested by the Shadow Lord, a necron lord and killer off over 500 fire caste on the planet Yadsmood.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Gee. I guess I would stay somewhat neutral. Fact is, we won't be fighting them.

Step 1: Mysterious things show up on the stuff that tells us if we are going to be hit with an asteroid.

Step 2: We try to launch some stuff at it, but our attacks are fended off easily.

Step 3: Ethereal lands. We surround the strange craft, and then he starts talking about the greater good ETC ETC. We are about to open fire when a Manta Missile Destroyer zooms overhead, and Crisis suits rain down.

We realize we are at their mercy. Then we realize these people are nice.

I can also see an Ethereal being elected president. We'll keep our government(s)...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Gee. I guess I would stay somewhat neutral. Fact is, we won't be fighting them.

Step 1: Mysterious things show up on the stuff that tells us if we are going to be hit with an asteroid.

Step 2: We try to launch some stuff at it, but our attacks are fended off easily.

Step 3: Ethereal lands. We surround the strange craft, and then he starts talking about the greater good ETC ETC. We are about to open fire when a Manta Missile Destroyer zooms overhead, and Crisis suits rain down.

We realize we are at their mercy. Then we realize these people are nice.

I can also see an Ethereal being elected president. We'll keep our government(s)...
I'm assuming you're American when I say this, so bear with me.

1st, you would not be able to elect an Ethereal as President because he isn't an American by birth. Or by any stretch of thought, for that matter. :P

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm with 'mech on this one. If we fought them, they could a) obliterate us or b) just ignore us and move on (its not like we have any real ships).

Quote:
Originally Posted by General George
1st, you would not be able to elect an Ethereal as President because he isn't an American by birth. Or by any stretch of thought, for that matter. :P
That law won't be hear much longer. Just trust me.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:23   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

"you would not be able to elect an Ethereal as President because he isn't an American by birth"

I think exceptions are made when you are totally outclassed technologically.

--" Elect that alien dude as president"
--"But he isn't an American" - notices a broadside obliterate a tank division..."Long live the Tau!"

*cough here
Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Id support the Tau and turn my guns on looters. For goodness knows when anything happens people pannic and looting doesnt take long to follow after the start of chaos and you also know that there will be idiots who actually decide to shoot at the Tau. Lets face it although a person may be smart people are dumb as dirt far too often. No matter how impressive or peacefull the Tau landing is displayed you know there will be some fool who decides to attack. Call it a pessimistic attitude but I really would not be surprised and would simply start looking for the last place I decided to hide the ammo.

Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Note: Although the Tau would obviously win over humans, the question was "if whatever side you picked would win". I guess a better question would have been "who would you prefer to rule our planet".

I think there would be at least some fighting as Vash said. Do you really think the leaders of various countries are humble enough to give control to aliens? Some people are arrogant enough to believe they could win as well. "God is on our side" or like those WW2 recruitment posters "show those aliens what Aussie sporting men can do". I can imagine lots and lots of people saying that from every nationality.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 16 Jan 2006, 02:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

To be fair, we could probably last a month or two if we were just fighting the exploration ships. We have nukes and fings that hurt really bad up the wazoo.
Closed Thread