Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Combined Tau\Gue'vesa army ?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jan 2006, 06:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Combined Tau\Gue'vesa army ?

OK i have some tau troops and some imperial guard men i on the tau side i have some unfinished squads of pathfinders and a unfinished squad of stealth suits i have a firewarrioir squad and a kroot squad i also have a battlesuit,devilfish and and oun shi
i was wondering if i would be able to play a match with some rules taken from http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/doctrines/2/ but slightly improved like a imperial sniper squad with 2 pathfinders in there and a cadian kirskin squad with 3 stealth suits to etc

would this be allowed?
(its a imperial guard army not a tau army)

in the ca article ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/doctrines/2/ )
it says that Since "the Gue’la have yet to prove themselves, they have limited access to advanced Tau technology like pulse weapons and hover vehicles. However, they do have some Tau equipment and parts (you could even modify a Sentinel with a few Battlesuit bitz to represent this)." does that mean that i can mix up squads of tau with imperial guard?
and does that men that i can use a demolisher tank with some tau bitz on it?

[size=8pt]Merged your two topics - no need to ask the same thing in two different threads.. -mace[/size]

[size=8pt]double-post fixed - Khanaris[/size]
Old 15 Jan 2006, 07:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: tau imperial doctriene?

wow wow wow- no, the Gue'la used are remnents of the Brimlock Dragoons that were left behind, typically light to medium infantry. they don't have tanks and their decendents are able to reproduce las weapons, but are given pulse weapons when they need it. most of their industry goes toward farm equipment- not making war- since there on border worlds, i would imagine these are around Dal'yth
~good hunting
Old 15 Jan 2006, 07:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: tau imperial doctriene?

'Officially' you can only use Human Auxilliaries as described in their rules: http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapter...2Dauxiliaries/

That is all. You can however, make up your own house rules - see the 'House Rules' board, and the Tau > House Rules section of the main website.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 07:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: tau \ gue la army combined?

Unless you used Imperial Guard rules to simulate Tau (such as Grenadiers being Fire Warriors, Kroot Mercenaries being Kroot, and an Armageddon Sentinel could be similar to a Broadside. Otherwise, you can only use the Gue'vesa rules (which IMO are much worse than Guardsmen) or make up House Rules like I did.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 10:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: tau \ gue la army combined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_hobo
OK i have some tau troops and some imperial guard men i on the tau side i have some unfinished squads of pathfinders and a unfinished squad of stealth suits i have a firewarrioir squad and a kroot squad i also have a battlesuit,devilfish and and oun shi
i was wondering if i would be able to play a match with some rules taken from http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/doctrines/2/ but slightly improved like a imperial sniper squad with 2 pathfinders in there and a cadian kirskin squad with 3 stealth suits to etc

would this be allowed?
(its a imperial guard army not a tau army)

[size=8pt]Merged your two topics - no need to ask the same thing in two different threads.. -mace[/size]
the problem with this is, if an IG sniper squad can have pathfinders, then i want my assault marines to have genestealers, i want my guardsmen to have jetbikes, my howling banshees should have land raiders...

it doesnt work, sorry. you could convert an army but use the rules from one army. thats all you'd be allowed im afraid.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Jan 2006, 19:05   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Tau \ Gue'vesa army combined?

In friendly games, you could still technically use the "two detachment" system. Basically, you just build two completely different 500-point or 750-point armies, each of which has to follow all of their normal restrictions. Then you just field both against a 1,000 or 1,500-point army. The trick here is to make sure that your army is fair to play against. Using this idea can create some pretty interesting armies, but it is also very easy to exploit.
Closed Thread