Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dark Tau?
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default Dark Tau?

hey, reading the tau, it seems like they are completly bound by "the greater good" wether they have to die to for the greater good of the community, or for the whole race.
but, this got me thinking.
in your life, have u ever met som1 selfish? do u think there parents rased them to be selfish? i dont think so. so couldnt it be possible, even if they have all been rased to follow the greater good, couldnt there be some who refuse it?

what im asking is, would there be any tau who refuse the greater good? i think it would be logical that some would. if som edid, this could open up a new extension (im not sure if they have a real name, but the things like blood angels for SM) to the tau army?
i think it could be a good idea, a slightly evil race of tau? like dark eldar, not like their story or anything, but they are the same race as eldar, but evil ?

plz give me ur oppenions on this, could it happen? do u think it could be a good idea i it happened? give me ur thoughts
ty

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Dark tau?

I suppose it could happen, though it's very unlikely and even more unlikely it would happen enough to make an army out of them. So nope I don't think it is a good idea.

For more thoughts on this try checking this rather long topic regarding 'Evil Tau' (very similar to your idea):

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...2012#msg202012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

err farsight is his name
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

O'Shovah iserves the Tau'va. He just doesn't serve the Ethereals. My army is considered to be an "evil" army as they are manipulative and have grim torture methods, so just make your army's fluff be that way and you're set. While dark Tau is a bit unrealistic, it is possible.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ya, if the tau don't want to be part of the empire they'd go to farsight. And if there were to be a "dark tau" it would probably be a farsight codex. I don't see the tau becoming corrupt like the dark eldar though, they're just too innocent to do stuff like pillage and torture.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

all i was thinking is if they refused to die for others, i personaly probably wouldnt die for human kind, selfish as that sounds. but, i was brought up catholic, nothing has come to chalenge my faith or nothing, i just plain dont belive in God. so i dont think it very unlikly that a tau would stop beliving that he shuld have to not be alowed to do any of his disires. the tau are forced to be in the military if they are of fire caste, until they survive like 25 years in it, they have to die for the whole race, so i dont see it unlikly that they would value there lives a bit more, and think others shuldnt have to kill themselves for there race, or be controlled.

some of u might think this not as a good idea or nothing, but if there were like tau rebels, what kind of different units would u be able to see?

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 13 Jan 2006, 20:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

There are too many things to take into account, you would need a balanced number of each caste to rebel, otherwise there wouldn't be any new units. No new tau units because there would be no earth caste to build it, and no new allies because there would be no water caste to make treaties. If you say that they wouldn't need them then you're just looking at another farsight enclave.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 21:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

i never said that at all, im just saying that some of them would belive that they shuldnt have to spend there whole life doing the same thing. there would obviously be some earth and water, and wind casts.
there wouldnt be any eathereals tho i dont think.

Old 13 Jan 2006, 21:33   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Multiple people have mentioned the possibility of "Dark Tau", although I think it is a completely unrealistic idea. The Tau are raised to serve the Tau'va, it is their purpose. O'Shovah is the closest thing to this as we have, as their are no Ethereals. However, he still serves the Greater Good and the Empire. I think it is a highly unlikely possibility that this type of Tau would ever become manifest, and not even close to making an army.

"Ever since my experience points went into quadruple digits, I've had to fend off the ladies and harpies with a two-handed plus three broadsword." - Sci Fi Greg
Old 13 Jan 2006, 22:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoriaki
all i was thinking is if they refused to die for others, i personaly probably wouldnt die for human kind, selfish as that sounds. but, i was brought up catholic, nothing has come to chalenge my faith or nothing, i just plain dont belive in God. so i dont think it very unlikly that a tau would stop beliving that he shuld have to not be alowed to do any of his disires. the tau are forced to be in the military if they are of fire caste, until they survive like 25 years in it, they have to die for the whole race, so i dont see it unlikly that they would value there lives a bit more, and think others shuldnt have to kill themselves for there race, or be controlled.

some of u might think this not as a good idea or nothing, but if there were like tau rebels, what kind of different units would u be able to see?
Actually this is an Occidental version of life/selfishness ... Tau don't fear death because it is an honore to die for the greater good. The greater good is not something they are forced to follow, they're simply nothing else to follow. You don't have to rebelled because you are born a fire caste Tau and are going to die on a battlefield, because it is your role, your duty, and everyone accept it because they know, from the terror, that if they don't stick to their role not only the greater good is going to die, but them too. You have to understand it like Indians do with their Karma. How you think 1 000 000 000 + people can live together with 30% of them living in poverty... do a search about it. Everyone accept their social class because it is their Karma. Greater good is not an imposed life style, it is a no-other-choices life style. Remove the Greater good to the Tau and than their lives become worthless/useless/no-sense. Tau are honorable creatures, not like us. Selfishness is probably something they don't even remember ... just like us, the selfishs, we don't remember what honour is. Why I say Tau are honourable and proud creatures, simply because none became traitors, none did kingdoms, none as been servants during the terrors and this is due to honour, they will figth and will prefer to die instead of changing their mind or coming back on their engagements, in my opinion.