Ick...
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: This is why

Why not collect two armies? :

[size=8pt]Posted edited because it was just plain spam. Future spamming and swearing will lead to smiting. Thank you. - Aunny[/size]

Listen to LiNkIn PaRk they rule!
Naruto!
Old 12 Jan 2006, 22:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastMaster
The reason Im gonna quit tau isn't because I long for close combat, and I want to be good at it, its that everyone wont shut up about how tau suck. They hide it in their posts, and sometimes shout it out, but everyone says tau suck, and that they will die. The one thing tau are better at, long range, always gets dissed. "No eldar are better at long range!" tired of hearing that. I want to go close combat, but Im also tired of tau haters.
Oh come on now. Just kick the pants off of them (in the game of course, Im not suggesting violence here...) and that usually shuts them up quick for me. Or you can tell them why their armies suck. I frequently get people calling Tau Cows because of their hooved feet but thats fine, my army has dominated the last 2 campaigns and that speaks well enough for itself. Tau bashing has suddenly turned away from just Tau in general and now to specific players. As for on the forums well this is Tau Online, I dont see it myself but maybe Im just not paying attention. Tis entirely possible.

Old 12 Jan 2006, 22:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

How many games have you won with tau? trust me, they don't suck. Plus at least you can say that you play tau which isn't an easy thing to do. Its not like you play marines where you can open the box play a game and win right away. And as soon as you start a new army it won't be the same at all. You'll definately miss the JSJ. You don't have to quite tau, you can start a new army though. A lot of people have multiple armies, I have three, its just that tau are my favorite (none of my armies are marines). Don't just give up because of what other people say cause thats a huge waste of time and money.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
The reason Im gonna quit tau isn't because I long for close combat, and I want to be good at it, its that everyone wont shut up about how tau suck. They hide it in their posts, and sometimes shout it out, but everyone says tau suck, and that they will die. The one thing tau are better at, long range, always gets dissed. "No eldar are better at long range!" tired of hearing that. I want to go close combat, but Im also tired of tau haters.
You're quitting an army you like because someone doesn't like it? Wow. Man, I should shovel my aspirations of having a Space Marine army again using that logic 'cause a LOT of people hate the SM.

You CANNOT please other people. Don't even try, it won't work, it never has, and it never will. You play the army YOU want to play the way you want to play it. Screw them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
D10s all the way. For honour! For glory! For non-repeating roll-probability percentages!
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:14   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

I likes Orks.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Uhm, no.

Dont take this the wrong why: thats the dumbest reason to quit tau.

i just crushed a marine player at 2500pts, he lost almost everything, I didnt lose a single unit, a few were at or below half, and I had all the ojectives.

USE that scorn to your advantage. Then mock them mercilessly when you win.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

I've been tempted to stop playing Tau before. It might be partically because my win/lose ratio isn't exactly impressive. More so it's just that I've played several armies that are just plain hard for Tau to take out, or I've rolled some very bad games (thought about linking weapons on my 'O...yes that bad). On the same note, when my tactics have worked I've utterly destroyed my enemy. My roommate plays Nids' and has concluded that tau are "pansies" because of their JSJ tactics. Which of couse he sees as me running from him. More than likely he's just jealous. I've heard many marine players (imperium and chaos) say how they would love to have Crisis suits. And everyone I've played as learned to hate stealths...even if they've never seen them. The Tau are just plain harder to use than many other armies out there. No one unit can just run around the feild taking on all comers. Plus with the new codex coming out in a matter of months, new aspects are going to be added to the Tau arsenal as well as fixing of small quarks *cough* drones *cough*. In my experience Tau are an army for the tactically minded/more mature/urning for a challenge players. In the end take your wins with your losses, its just a game after all...meant to be fun. If you find yourself surrounded by powerarmour toting tau-haters just point out that you can't see the difference in any of their armies, when they go on the defensive, just challenge them. Nothing like playing an enemy that's so spun up trying to make a fool of you that he does see your tactics coming .

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If you are going to quit, can I have your army. I'll pay for shipping and handling.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Yea, I'll take any spare Broadsides you have... I likeses options.

You itiot. Don't quit friggin Tau because they suck at CC... just get a different Race as a Kill team...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Closed Thread