Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Think they'll change kroot?
Closed Thread
Old 12 Jan 2006, 18:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Think they'll change kroot?

In the sense that they are going to change their rules. Are they going to make it so they get their bonuses in other difficult terrain? It sucks that its jungle/forest only =(

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Think they'll change kroot?

I'm pretty sure that they won't get that change but they will now get hounds and ox as squad upgrades without taking up a heavy support or fast attack spot.

Old 12 Jan 2006, 20:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

What would be really cool is if they added an upgrade table to the Kroot. Eg, When fighting Eldar you can give Kroot fleet of foot for X points. When fighting Orks you can give Kroot 1+ Toughness for X points, etc.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 12 Jan 2006, 20:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

And +1 I against marines would be good.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 20:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
What would be really cool is if they added an upgrade table to the Kroot. Eg, When fighting Eldar you can give Kroot fleet of foot for X points. When fighting Orks you can give Kroot 1+ Toughness for X points, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Black Behemoth
And +1 I against marines would be good.
You can actually get doctrines for kroot merc armies. Check out the rules on the GW web page.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/kroot%2Dmercenaries/
Old 12 Jan 2006, 21:39   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah, that would be awesome but wait, tau can't take kroot mercs (which is one of the stupidest things GW has ever done). Chaos can get all these variant kroot types, but the Tau, the race they work with predominantly, can't? How does that make any sense (besides some BS about game balance) ?

Personally, I'm hoping for an initiative boost. It's the one thing that keeps them from being worth ttaking in my book.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 21:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd like the I boost too. That's my only problem with them. I have a question, do the traits for the mercs increase the LD of the kroot as their Ld is based on how many points the basic kroot cost? Just wondering.
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think a simple and small change of removing a Krootox's Heavy Support slot requirement will add a pretty big change to Kroot packs in general. While some scoff and sneer at the loss of infiltrate when you add Krootox, nevertheless Kroot and how they play will certainly be quite different than it is today.

maybe then youll see some odd things, like a 10 man kroot pack with 3 krootox acting as a firesupport squad with a meat shield.

maybe you'll see people testing out the Krootox's statline in CC, acting sort of like a toned down meatshield powerfist delivery system

These are my predictions of how Kroot will be changed in a way that I'm pretty sure WILL happen, and how it would reflect in actual gameplay.
Old 12 Jan 2006, 23:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think it would be good for them to have fleet of foot. If they can move freely through difficult terrain then they should be able to move faster in the open, plus they'd be able to charge a lot sooner.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 03:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

The only kroot changes I know of are what has been said in the Tau Rumours Summary:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HraTaika
Kroot:
All kroot variants are under the same entry. So Kroot hounds and Krootox are now purchased as upgrades for the squad after 10 normal kroots. Krootox also cheaper.
Along with the possibility that Kroot Hounds getting a slight boost in combat (I). All other rules remain the same I think.