Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau...converted?
Old 10 Jan 2006, 15:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Tau...converted?

Is there anyway the Tau could have strayed from the Path and turned to Chaos? I'm asking because La'Kais was coverted to a servant of Khorne around the end of 'Fire Warrior.' *shrugs* I dunno. I just think it would be kewl to have an entire army of Mont'au.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2006, 16:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tau...converted?

well, for starters, tau don't usually have any interferance with the warp and usually don't turn chaotic.
i'm surprised that la'kais would turn into a servant of khorne!

but if kais did, many tau could, so it would't stop you from makig an army, but remember, if they're chaos, they would probably need morew rulles making them more piont costy or less.

i'm personly don't like the idea of tau being chaos but if you do i can't stop you

join the iron maiden cult, for iron maiden!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=19802.0
saunpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2006, 16:24   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums!

It is possible, but unlikely. Individual Tau do have a Warp presence, but it is incredibly small. Possession or coercion would be extremely difficult. Because the Tau have no psychic ability, creatures of the warp find it very difficult to even see them. We have had this debate a few times in the past and there is good evidence for and against. Make sure you have a search through some of the older threads.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2006, 20:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'll say here what I did in some of the older threads.

Although the Tau can't be possesed/coerced, they could still be embittered or driven insane by more mundane means. They have to be hurt in such a way that they choose to go to Chaos. Eg, everyone else in your ta'lissera gets cut to shreds by Orks, you want vengeance, and the Tau Empire dosen't give it to you.

Its also possible (but less likely) that a Tau could turn to Slannesh to escape some of the restrictions imposed on them by their culture.

That said, all of these things would have to happen beyond the range of one of the Etherals.

Here's a question, what would happen if an Ethereal turned to Chaos? (Unlikely I know)

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2006, 23:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

i imagine that you think there could be a Chaos Tau army- however there has not been an incident of Tau killing another Tau since the Ethereals- that being said Tau and Chaos? its happened- but not in the way you'd think. Tau forces have been seen fighting as mercenaries alongside the Chaos legions, however they have also fought them- they don't looking for it though. The tau are not effected by "taint" but they can be driven mad by torture and pain- as opposed to your bonded team being killed, its hard to believe in the 40k universe, but the Tau take incredable care of their warriors, on and off the field. don't think of Firewarrior as cannon, the author had'nt written for 40k just like the guy that did Sanguinis.
no Tau in fact has ever turned away from the greater good- the whole concept is alien in the fact that the Tau are loyal without coercion. that rules out Slannesh, plus Slannesh represents everything that the tau stand against, read the battle of the mont'au.
~good hunting
Old 11 Jan 2006, 00:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

that rules out Slannesh, plus Slannesh represents everything that the tau stand against, read the battle of the mont'au.

You might be right there.

as opposed to your bonded team being killed, its hard to believe in the 40k universe, but the Tau take incredable care of their warriors, on and off the field.

So you truly believe the Tau are capable of preventing all their Teams from dying? Sure, they try to take care of their warriors but that dosen't mean they'll succeed. I still believe the Tau could become embittered in the right circumstances.

but they can be driven mad by torture and pain

There are many, many kinds of pain in the 41st Millenium. (not just physical)

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2006, 00:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Fire Warriors could just regress back to the old days where they used to beat up all the other Tau and nick their dinner money- perfect Khorne fodder.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
captainwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2006, 01:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

sorry- i wasn't clear on that, what i mean is in the event of a team being wiped out and there being a survivor that suddenly wants every human dead- the Tau take care of that individual, i imagine that they send him home where he can reflect and find peace- i guess in the event that they can't find it they are tempered and directed to where they can be the most good.
there are no executions and there is no desertion. embittered is one thing- however downright rejection of the Tau'va and those who serve it- catagorically has never happened.
as for pain- yes i know, however its already been said that Tau can barely be sensed and cannot be possesed, so i can't imagine that there can be "soul" stripping and that it remains emotional and physical pain- i believe the Tau can be broken- not ethereals mind you- but they cannot be fixed and used as a weapon against the Tau Empire.
Fire Warriors reverting? to what? they have been this way for hundreds of generations and have no template to go back on. every warrior in the galaxy pays tribute to Khorn, even Space Marines of the Emperor- its just they don't tribute the extreme that Khorn represents. The Tau'va is a facate of all the Chaos gods just as the emperor is- they would never "worship" Khorn.
~good hunting
Old 11 Jan 2006, 01:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

<however downright rejection of the Tau'va and those who serve it- catagorically has never happened.>

What about Farsight? He certainly no longer serves the Tau'va. Not directly, anyhow.
Old 11 Jan 2006, 01:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

when- where does it ever state that thas is in fact the case?
~good hunting