Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shas'La T'au Kais
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jan 2006, 18:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Shas'La T'au Kais

This is a question, a simple one. Well, a few questions. In the codex, (the current-at-time-of-typing one, not the one about to come out soon) there is reference to a Shas'O Vior'La Kais. Commander Skillful from Vior'la.

In the game, Fire Warrior, you play Kais. In the novel, his full name, if I recall, is Shas'la T'au Kais. Trooper Kais from T'au.

Yet I have seen it believed they are the same person. If I recall correctly, it should be impossible. If we follow the novel, it's even more impossible.

The questions are, am I remembering right, and why do people still believe they are the same person if that is true?
Oh, and of course, what are your opinions on the matter of two Tau having the same probably common name?

Old 08 Jan 2006, 18:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.
Default Re: Shas'La T'au Kais

And no, Kias is not farsight. Wherever he was fighing was not in the damolacus crusade; wasn't it nimbosa?

Considering how little we know of the Tau language, and they give names based on personalities, I guess it would be about as common as haveing two people named "Bob" or "Jack".
Later on they get more names, but mostly you use the sept as a kinda last-name. I suppose that they have an genetic ID number to tell the diffrence between people with the same names from the same sept.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 08 Jan 2006, 19:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hmmm... I know in that article with the Fire Warrior battle report they might have mentioned his full name
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 08 Jan 2006, 19:12   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'm pretty sure Kais from Firewarrior was from Vior'la. However, remember that there are only so many names in the world... every Shas'la from Vior'la has the prefix Shas'la Vior'la. As such, given a population of any decent size, there will be plenty of Tau named "Vior'la Kais".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 08 Jan 2006, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

He doesn't mean farsight... he means the commander in our "Look, Tau can totally own I.G.!" fluff piece...

If you remember correctly, impossible. But it would be nice if it was true...

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 08 Jan 2006, 19:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Kais from the game is from T'au- plus he's fighting in the Dulimar Reprisal campaign which is the most current action occuring around the same time as the Gravalax Intervention/Incident- all of which are current. O'shova fought during the Lithesh war and the Arkunasha wars that lead to his leaving.

~good hunting
Old 08 Jan 2006, 19:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

I'm pretty sure that the Shas'o is either Farsight (who has kais in his name) or just a made up character for the purposes of the fluff piece. The codex came out well before the book... and I don't see why they would want to expand on an obscure text that nobody would remember!
Old 08 Jan 2006, 20:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

Farsight has nothing to do with neither of these kais'es. The kais in the book and game is indeed from t'au and the kais in the codex is from vior'la so these are three very different kais'es fighting different wars, although they share the same name's kinda they are all not the same person. also farsight was not kais he was kaius.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 20:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais

wow, it's nice to know you all care so much about me and my origins ;D

I've read the novel, but im afriad i cant help much here. just saw the name :P

- Kais--- the dude

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 09 Jan 2006, 00:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Kais = A common Tau name/word
Farsight vs La'Kais => Different Home planets as mentioned, and I believe they were from different time frames and were participating in different engagements. IIRC La'Kais is in the very recent past, whereas Farsight is from a timeframe some 400 years ago.