Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What new models?
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jan 2006, 15:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default What new models?

Hello

I haven't been playing 40k for several years now as fantasy have taken up much of my time but with the new Tau i figured i give it a shoot. Mostly because i like the fluff and overall "feel" of the army.
Anyway since it's a while until the release i wanted to know what models that will not be replaced with new ones, so i can get started as soon as possible without having a bunch of things to replace when the army is released.

Thanks
"Stranger, I bid you greetings in the name of the Tau. If you are reading this then you will have encountered one of our messenger drones and are therefore a spacefaring race. Soon you will see more evidence of us, this is no cause for alarm."
Old 08 Jan 2006, 16:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: What new models?

Fire Warriors, Crisis Suits, Pathfinders, Kroot Models (Hounds, Krootox) Broadsides, Hammerheads, Devilfish are the ones not being replaced to my knowledge. Some1 correct me if i am wrong.

Old 08 Jan 2006, 16:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Think that's about right... there should have been an ankle fix for the Crisis Suits, but it never happened apparently. And Stealth Suits (the current build) will still be usable... the entry includes both types.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 16:19   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Will the current Stealth Suits still be sold after the realese of the new ones?
"Stranger, I bid you greetings in the name of the Tau. If you are reading this then you will have encountered one of our messenger drones and are therefore a spacefaring race. Soon you will see more evidence of us, this is no cause for alarm."
Old 08 Jan 2006, 16:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I believe so. I need Fireblade or Mace to confirm, but I'm sure I heard that they will continue to sell the old XV15s for those of us who don't like Stealth Cyborg Gorrilas (SCGs).
Old 08 Jan 2006, 17:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

From what I have heard on these boards, they will continue to release the old Stealths. I think the new ones are decent models, but I personally love the old ones. Also, if you are thinking of playing an ethereal, look at the new models and decided if you would like an old one instead. Also, I havent heard anything about GW re-releasing the O'shovah model, so if you are thinking of playing the Farsight Enclave, you can pick him up without worry.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 18:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Devilfish are being given the option to take smart missile systems, so those might be included with them somehow.

There will be a new sprue for crisis commanders, including heads, weaponry, and who knows what else. So don't buy plain suits for your commander(s).
Old 09 Jan 2006, 00:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Yep, Old stealths *should* be available from what I've heard.

I heard that the battleforce won't be changing (so no new one when the new codex comes out).

Have a look at the Tau Rumours Summary for more info and if we've missed anything..
Old 09 Jan 2006, 00:15   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ah i was just about to ask that. So a battleforce would be a good start? Again i haven't played 40k in 4 years so i am alittle rusty.
Old 09 Jan 2006, 00:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

The battleforce is an excellent place to start

See Want to Start a Tau Army?.

As a followup, you could have a look in the Conversions board for the two Stickies - Magnets on Crisis Suits and Modular Tanks - for advice on how to put together crisis suits and the tanks so you can switch the weapons etc (though for Crisis Suits, I find magnets unnecessary, as the weapons fit in fine once painted).