can u please help on choosing the units i need most
i have
36 fire warriors
27kroot (3 shapers)
3 stealth suits (one is leader)
1 hammerhead (railgun smart missles)
1 etheral
1 aun shi
3 pathfinders(i know i havent got a devilfish or rail rifles my nan got me em without asking) :-[
5 crisis suits
15 shield drones (i can still stick the guns on some of them)
12 gun drones

wat should i get next ???
Old 04 Jan 2006, 22:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: what units should i get next???

Just a quick note to all members, just in case you didn't read/forgot: [size=7pt]I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but sometimes these types of topics go wonky...[/size]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posting Guidlines
What shall i get Next? Threads
There appears to be many new members asking for help on what they should buy next, which is fine except for the way people are going about them. To simply state what you have and ask for advice on what next isn't very helpful so i ask that all of these threads also include a brief rundown of how they are going to play, this can be as simple as one word; Static, Mech, Hybrid. This will allow members to offer better advice regarding your army so is only of benefit.
Perhaps if you elaborate with what your army style is and how you play, we can be more helpful. Cheers!
Old 04 Jan 2006, 22:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well since you didnt elaborate ill tell you what i would get. More pathfinders and a DF. Their markerlights are about to become a whole lot better. But unless you know how you want to play thats about the best advice you will get. (Im not impliying that im the smartest only that your wont be getting very good advice)
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 04 Jan 2006, 22:13   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i usually make the enemy come to me first taking out there heavy support and staying out of range of there troops guns when they come forward to get in range i charge my kroot in and postition my firewarriors n suits for when there finished with the kroot so i probably play static

sorry for not elaborating sooner my desk is full of models and in the uk its 11:25pm (ive been up since 6am)
Old 05 Jan 2006, 15:08   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you play more static you should consider some Broadsides. They are key to hold firing lines against heavy armor. And if you want you can always pay a little more to get them TW Plasma witch and fire while they move.

Most of the time you will not move them much unless you have absolutely no lines. And if you figure the cost of 1 you can easily say that you can get 2 for the point cost of a standard HH Railhead. For static battle they rock. I still use them since I don't have a 2nd HH yet but I'm gearing towards more of a Mech army now so they might fall in my list of priorities.

Up to know they have been worth there point cost and some times double there point cost.

Old 05 Jan 2006, 15:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd get 5 more pathfinders and a devilfish...don't get rail rifles for the pathfinders...if you want rail rifles, wait for the new sniper drones...you will be able to get three sets of three for one heavy support slot (and I see you have two heavy slots available!) Maybe another railhead, too.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 05 Jan 2006, 15:25   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you're waiting for them to come to you and then moving to stay out of assault, then the Broadsides Eruannaon suggested are certainly valid. I play more mech so I'm going to give you some advice based on that perspective. This is not meant to convert, just as an idea.

If your FW are hoofing it to stay out of range, you might consider giving them a DF. Load up and move is faster than what they can pull on their own and gets you farther away. Additionally, the DF itself is not bad as an antipersonnel unit. It can, if your rolls are really good, even pop light vehicles, but I don't recommend trying this as a standard tactic. Just something to keep in mind for those situations when you really have nothing else. In addition, you can load the DF with seekers and make use of those PF after you expand your squad to minimum numbers and get them a DF of their own.

Hope this helps.

-Sightline
Closed Thread