Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Taros Campaign.
Closed Thread
Old 31 Dec 2005, 18:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default The Taros Campaign.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a few answers and maybe some of you can lend me a hand. I will start this off by stating that I am not looking for stats in the least as I do not want to violate the copyright laws. After searching both my local GW stores and my local gaming stores I have not been able to acquire a Forgeworld: The Taros Campaign book from Forgeworld. I did want to ask afer seeing the Forgeworld Tau models however, do they have the same standard Special Rules and Equipment that normal Crisis Suits have or is there more to them? From what it seems in the Forgeworld pictures everything is that same, but ya' never know...

-Jason.
Old 31 Dec 2005, 18:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Taros Campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
Hi guys,

I am looking for a few answers and maybe some of you can lend me a hand. I will start this off by stating that I am not looking for stats in the least as I do not want to violate the copyright laws. After searching both my local GW stores and my local gaming stores I have not been able to acquire a Forgeworld: The Taros Campaign book from Forgeworld. I did want to ask afer seeing the Forgeworld Tau models however, do they have the same standard Special Rules and Equipment that normal Crisis Suits have or is there more to them? From what it seems in the Forgeworld pictures everything is that same, but ya' never know...

-Jason.
its not called Forgeworld: the taros campaign. its called Imperial Armour: Volume III.

the suits from forgeworld have the same stats as codex suits, but different weapons loadouts not available in the current codex. some of this will change.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 31 Dec 2005, 18:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I was just stating it was by Forgeworld... Not that it was necessarily called just that... Anyhow... Thank you for the reply...

-Jason.
Old 01 Jan 2006, 00:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Most of it is the same as the current codex, though they do have extra options, and obviously extra/new units. However, a lot of the extra options aren't actually explained in the book, as it references to the new codex - which will contain all the new/additional rules etc - though it won't have a large majority of the Forgeworld rules for their units (tetra, crisis suit variants, hammerhead variants).
Old 01 Jan 2006, 19:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Games Workshop stores dont sell Forgeworld stuff. Also, Games Workshop, in the case of the local game store I frequent, won't allow these stores to sell their products if they stock forgeworld stuff or even some other games. It sucks, i know. Your best for finding it is either buying the book off of Amazon or from Forgeworlds website directly (www.forgeworld.co.uk)
Old 01 Jan 2006, 20:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

GW online sells Imperial Armor books... that and www.Forgeworld.com are your best bets for getting the book.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 01 Jan 2006, 20:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oh, I know all that guys... C'mon, I've been playing for about a decade now... Give me some credit. And GW stores sometimes sell the Forgeworld books, and the books only. And the local gaming stores eadily stock the books because they are so big, but they were out when I went.
Old 01 Jan 2006, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Oh dude... my thoghts on the topic went off when I read other replies.

Bacically, Forgeworld is a collection of army extras. Very few are more effective on the battlefield than their Codex counter parts.

That said, the Tau range is very good. It is almost unique as it is very useful... especially Pihrannas and Tetras. The command battlesuits are interesting... but more for fun. Almost every Hammerhead varient is less effective than the original.

I think that the best thing they are going to make for Tau is a 40K-Scale Manta!!!

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 01 Jan 2006, 21:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You do realie the manta is a full 2x4' model. IU've seen pictures of it. What is the point of that, besides the fact that it has like 10 railguns on it.
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 01 Jan 2006, 21:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasocastris
You do realie the manta is a full 2x4' model. IU've seen pictures of it. What is the point of that, besides the fact that it has like 10 railguns on it.
Naw only 10 structure points, you've mixed the two up I'd link you to the post that tells you the stats for the manta, but it seems to be missing when I search for it (with good reason possibly).