Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_knight
Default Tau army info

what are the diffrent styles of a Tau army

i know there is Mech and i really dont understand what they mean >

can you help me ?
Old 28 Dec 2005, 22:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau army info

while not a real expert or adept in this, I do have a general 'gist' of the styles:

Mech: mechanized. all troops are in an armored skimmer that move over 6" each turn, making that transport very surviveable (decoy launchers), and all non transported units are JSJ troops (Crisis/stealth/drones), or the awesome skimmer Tank. the army works by not dying through assaults or shootyness, and picks and chooses its engagements, since now every unit moves 12" per turn.

Static: Tau units line up and dont plan to move, and simply lay down a withering fusilade of firepower. many many firewarriors in close groupings (Ive heard a minimum of 40), broadsides, tanks, crisis, stealth suits all add their firepower where and when needed. this army works by passing a critical mass of Strength 5+ shots, and simply wipe out 1-2 enemy units each turn.

Hybrid: a mix of the above two. usually a firewarrior firebase, with rapid moving JSJ troops and transported troops in support.

now, about Kroot. Kroot have a place in all 3 army types:

Mech: since the Tau part of the army is mobile, the kroot use infiltrate to get to a good anchor spot (woods), where they wont have to move. kroot in mech are mostly distractions, skirmishers, or simply cheap 70 point 'hand grenades' of kroot shooty/assaultyness

Static: Kroot add their respectable (in performance and numbers) guns to the waves of firepower, and take a position up front to meet any assaulters that may make it to the Tau side of the table.

Hybrid: Kroot can go all out here, forest bunkers, 2-3 20 man squads, cannon fodder, you name it, theyve got no armor, but thats so you can field 10 near-bolters for 70 points!, oh, AND whack bad guys with S4 attacks in CC.

there. thats how I see the different Tau Armies. I may have gotten a few things skewed here or there, but I hope I cleared up a few things, at least.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

There is Mech Tau, along with Hybrid. Click on my sig for details.

Then there is static Tau. There are some crisis, but the FWs are unmounted and things say pretty unmoving.

Then there is "IWINTAU". Bring as many FWs and Broadsides as you can and pound anything within 30" off the board.

Hope that helped.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 29 Dec 2005, 00:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

See: Want to start a Tau army? - Part 2 - http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9493.0 - A brief look at the different play styles and their associated armies.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 16:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
There is Mech Tau, along with Hybrid. Click on my sig for details.

Then there is static Tau. There are some crisis, but the FWs are unmounted and things say pretty unmoving.

Then there is "IWINTAU". Bring as many FWs and Broadsides as you can and pound anything within 30" off the board.

Hope that helped.
And if you've played with IWINTAU, it isn't mobile at all, but extremely fun to blast opponent to bits. One Tau army that can outshoot things fast. Plus, with an ethereal, they'll be staying there.
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Closed Thread