Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Survival Of Kroot?
Closed Thread
Old 27 Dec 2005, 23:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau
Default The Survival Of Kroot?

I have to begun to realize, what will become of the Kroot when the update comes? with all the new updates i feel more people will abandon Kroot all together. As i have probably said a million times is that my Kroot have never failed me before and i won't let them but i have noticed that even now there are very few here who use kroot and with the update i fear everyone else will drop them also. Kroot are a valuable choice and are worth the points, even if just a meat shield they are effective (don't like how people use them like that though) 70 points for ordinary kroot who recieve 30 attacks on the charge at S4 who can argue? Would like to hear your opinions on this.

Save the Kroot 2006!
Old 27 Dec 2005, 23:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin
Default Re: The Survival Of Kroot?

Well, I am not positive at all, but maybe the vespids will be in the new tau codex? Probably heavier armor, better close combat abilities, but probably as expensive as a marine.

I have never used them, they are too barbaric looking for me.

DH
W:24:2:L:4
Old 27 Dec 2005, 23:34   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you're looking for numbers look no further. Many MechTau armies seem to go hybrid today just becase the Kroot are so good at bumping up the numbers a bit. Unless the vespid are cheap Kroot will still live. And even if they are point-wise inexpensive I suspect they will cost $$$. I mean a plastic box of Kroot or 8 Metal blisters...
Old 28 Dec 2005, 01:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Kroot will be a lot more interesting now that Krootox and Hounds will become more viable... I look forward to finding ways to use them that don't involve infiltrating into cover and being a pillbox.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 03:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

For the new codex - Kroot might become a more popular option. Kroot Hounds and Krootox no longer take up slots etc, as has been rumoured, as they are now upgrades to the unit. The rules for each unit should remain the same, the only difference is that Krootox are obviously cheaper (one thing that really detered people from using them) and I think they no longer 'die' if their rider dies.

Vespids - definately in the new codex! Though their statline is somewhere inbetween that of a Kroot and a Tau Fire Warrior.

Back to kroot - I'm looking forward to expanding my unit of kroot, adding some more kroot hounds and finally getting some oxen.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 09:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

vespids will not replace kroot as tau cc units. vespids are not being designed for close combat. as far as i know, they're WS and I 3. with 1 attack.

I adore kroot, but lately they have not been performing well. why? my army is almost entirely mechanised with only one or 2 small kroot packs left over. anything in the other army geared towards close combat, or horde killing will target these guys. and they really do suffer for it.

Im not too sure. i want to see what the vespids can do before i remove my kroot altogether.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 28 Dec 2005, 14:53   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
I adore kroot, but lately they have not been performing well. why? my army is almost entirely mechanised with only one or 2 small kroot packs left over. anything in the other army geared towards close combat, or horde killing will target these guys. and they really do suffer for it.
doesn't this mean that those assault units aren't even trying to mess the rest of the army up? I always though this was the sole purpose of Kroots: keeping enemy cc from the rest.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 15:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
doesn't this mean that those assault units aren't even trying to mess the rest of the army up? I always though this was the sole purpose of Kroots: keeping enemy cc from the rest.
look at it like this: assault units have enormous difficulty taking down my skimmers. why should i give them a target they have a good chance of beating?

in my few last tourney, my kroot did feth all. they ran, or died in every game. Once, they made havoks run away. in another, they destroyed 2 land speeders. in every other game, tooled up chaos lords, or templars or space wolves tore them apart without earning any points back. I am seriously contemplating an entirely mobile army. Which is why i like vespids with their 12" move. and they'll be handy against marines if their rumoured ap3 carbine turns out to be true.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 28 Dec 2005, 15:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

To have enough kroot to get that many attacks due to the extra attack from charging, is 105 points, not 70.* *
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 16:07   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastMaster
To have enough kroot to get that many attacks due to the extra attack from charging, is 105 points, not 70.* *
Charging 10 kroot will give 30 attacks assming they all reach combat, 10 for the basic attack, 10 for counting as having 2 weapons and 10 for charging. Or were you referring to something else?
Closed Thread