Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

degrees of loyalty
Closed Thread
Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default degrees of loyalty

now that the new vespids are coming and their weapon seems to be a souped up carbine, the question i find myself asking is= when do the tau choose to give their tech?
with human auxileries- inhabitants of their empire since the damocles/lithesh war- yet they are permitted only 2 pulse rifles, carbines and markerlights. with the Kroot only the shaper's are allowed to have pulse weaponry, yet they are the Tau's second ally and by far the most numerous.
so- these vespids which, if rumour has it, are not new additions to the empire but "newer" and they are given tau weaponry whole scale.
what warrents this choice? obviosly with the kroot you wouldn't want mercenary elements to posses this tech, but humans?
~good hunting
Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: degrees of loyalty

I think it would be the amount of respect the tau would have to have for you. The Shapers are allowed Pulse Rifles because they are a more fiercefome fighter in battle and would get better weapons to represent how much respect the tau have for the shaper for saving them. Maybe the new vespids work best with carbines, and since the tau work for the greater good, giving the vespids assault pinning weapons would work best, since they are a new fast attack right? i mean why would you give something that needs to move around the board everyturn a rapid fire weapon.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think it's because the vespids aren't mercs anymore. They're all part of the Tau Empire now. the humans could turn back, at any time, and have the lure of chaos. And honestly, I don't think teh kroot want the Tau weapons, etc. They like themselves as they are becaus ethey can hunt better. Thats my 1/50th of a dollar
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The humans' on in the empire are mainly on the out skirts of the empire's space and only have enough tech for some agricultural stuff and lasguns. they only have two pulse weapons a squad because they have a limited access to tau tech. they don't have the weapons because they don't have the tech. The vespids were probably given their weapons due to their tactical abilities on the battle field (they have wings and can fly, allot cheaper than the jet packs ;D). the flamers, their pulse like weapons, are good for killing the SMurfs and the Ultima segmentum is where the Ultramarines arte so they would help alot.

Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

the 1/50th of a dollar still throws me- but look, ok i understand the Kroot wanted to be "amish" but all of there weapons have been upgraded by the Empire meanwhile humanity is openly hunted for not living under the boon of the Imperium, plus Tau don't know how corruption works, the only example they have is Kroot consumption of tainted flesh. still doesn't seem to answer the question or offer a outline as to how the Tau treat their auxilery races concerning technology, we already know they offer trade treaties but to their military races?
as to the Vespids tacticle ability, human aux and kroot- imagine them with pulse weapons- im not going off on the whole "tau super weapon" crap- but more application to their empires servents would mean more victories in the short and long term. is it that the vespids have proven their loyalty somehow by comparison to the (sometimes) fickle alliegences of the Kroot and the danger of human annihilation?
~good hunting
Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

the tau give some technological support to there auxilaries, but not a lot. all they did for the kroot was alter there gun with a powerful slug. Now the upgrading the slug helps both kroot and tau. the kroot can use it on there merc missions and missions with tau, and the tau can actually rely on the kroot somewhat for massed fire power. now they didnt make it extremetly powerful, since they known they are mercs and would sooner or later fight against them. Now for the vespids, were jsut going to have to wait until all the fluff and rules come out for them, but for now we can ponder on this and my 1/50th of a dollar is that the tau only gave them those weapons because they wont be doing much hand to hand. so they need weapon with good fire power, and wont go down to twelve inches if they move, wich they most likely will be. and for kroot, they get there weapon because its the best thing they can get, an average ranged weapon with ok stats, and when they get into combat counts as two weapons. the tau only give there auxileries what they need to make the greater good win out in the end. and for humans, they probalbyh know and love using the lasguns, and the tau see no point in giving them many pulserifles when an experienced fire warrior could be using it instead. since the humans already have there weapons, the lasguns, why bother giving them any more? why try an fix whats not broken?

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 25 Dec 2005, 23:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

the humasn are just that...auxilaries. there to suplement your main force of hunter-cardes. Some get the tech, but they aren't to be trusted THAT much.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
Old 25 Dec 2005, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The humans mostly seem to live by themselves in issolated communities with only minimal oversight. Probably only raised as militia which can also explain why they are not given carapace armor. For outskirt Cadres it might be much easier to draw on nearby human settlements in the empire than to bring in fresh reinforcements. The kroot have been given upgrades to their basic weaponry but also its probably because they do not need the Tau technology. The kroot are averse to industry and probably the shapers only use the rifles because its a mark of honor perhaps.

The vespids, I dont know a whole lot about them but it would seem that they are more integrated into the empire and probably live more centrally aswell, where the Humans live issolated and the kroot live barbaricly the vespids are probably the example of what tech is given to a race that actively joins the Tau empire fully. Plus perhaps they did not have their own tech for weapons and armor so the Tau gave them a hand there.

Old 26 Dec 2005, 00:37   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

don't forget that according to THE RUMORED fluff for the vespid they are apparantly slaves. For this reason the Tau give them the weapons as they are controlled by the tau and probsbly can't rebel.

500 pts Radical Daemonhunters (3 years)
wins 2 losses 4 draws 0

Black Templars (Retired @ 5 years)
wins 52 losses 21 draws 19

Dark Angles (Retired @ 2 years)
wins 7 losses 34 draws 0

Mech Eldar(2 years)
wins 13 losses 3 draws 11 2nd Jahxan Heavy Siege Regiment (1 month) wins 1 losses 0 draws 0 ~ A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy, never forget never forgive.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 04:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Witht he humans, its like this: They left their masters once, maybe they will do it again.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Closed Thread