Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which race is the toughest race for the Tau to defeat in battle?
View Poll Results: Which race is the toughest race for the Tau to defeat in battle?
Space marines 4 7.14%
Chaos Space marines 9 16.07%
Necrons 23 41.07%
Eldar 5 8.93%
Dark Eldar 4 7.14%
Daemonhunters 1 1.79%
Witch hunters 0 0%
Tyranids 6 10.71%
Orks 1 1.79%
Imperial Guard 1 1.79%
Tau 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 25 Dec 2005, 14:24   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Which race is the toughest race for the Tau to defeat in battle?

Which of this races will be the toughest for the Tau to defeat in battle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 14:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Which race is the toughest race for the Tau to defeat in battle?

I say chaos. The khorne bezerkers I've fought are great at close combat, they ignore regular saves, etc. And, they have the option of moving 30 inches in one turn. Allowing them to get close up REALLY fast. They have a 3+ regular save, and incase thats blocked, or failed, they get a 4+ invulnerable save. Allowing them to only lose... 1 or 2 beserkers per turn to my whole squad of firewarriors. 1-2 out of 8 in a 400 point match. so they get up real close, with 5-6 troops still left. The only reason I won that match was because my commander got 4 lucky hits in CC, and an invulnerable 4+.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 14:44   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well for me, it will be the necrons. never fight them, but seen many Tau die under them just like bugs. :-X

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 25 Dec 2005, 15:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I have the most trouble with the Eldar. They can do everything we can but better. Necrons can be picked apart with some ease. Witchunters are also a pain for me. Masses of tough infantry makes for a real pain some times.

Old 25 Dec 2005, 15:35   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hah, I have only played against Eldar and Necrons, I say Eldar
Old 25 Dec 2005, 16:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Tau. It's totally unfluffy to fight another tau player, but it happens. Since I played a noob who just mirrors my moves and attacks. I never got a clear shot at him. I guess the noob can also say the same about me...
Old 25 Dec 2005, 16:42   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Tau vs Tau is just brutal. Its like a sumo match, a flurry of speed and power... who ever comes out of it with the most railguns and markerlights is the winner of the whole game.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 25 Dec 2005, 16:49   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse
Tau. It's totally unfluffy to fight another tau player, but it happens. Since I played a noob who just mirrors my moves and attacks. I never got a clear shot at him. I guess the noob can also say the same about me...
quote author=MechTau link=topic=15540.msg245303#msg245303 date=1135532520]
Tau vs Tau is just brutal. Its like a sumo match, a flurry of speed and power... who ever comes out of it with the most railguns and markerlights is the winner of the whole game.
[/quote]

Lol. Tau with sumo? Well i kinda agree that thy worst enemy is thyself.

And now for the polls, The cyborgs of doom are leading by 30.8%, followed by a tie for 2nd with Superhumans, Sci-fi elfs and the bugs. For the 3rd place, the trators, Evil elfs and tau themselves.

polls are still open folks.....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 25 Dec 2005, 16:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastMaster
I say chaos.* The khorne bezerkers I've fought are great at close combat, they ignore regular saves, etc.* And, they have the option of moving 30 inches in one turn.* Allowing them to get close up REALLY fast.* They have a 3+ regular save, and incase thats blocked, or failed, they get a 4+ invulnerable save.* Allowing them to only lose... 1 or 2 beserkers per turn to my whole squad of firewarriors.* 1-2 out of 8 in a 400 point match.* so they get up real close, with 5-6 troops still left.* The only reason I won that match was because my commander got 4 lucky hits in CC, and an invulnerable 4+.
khorne berzerker that ignores armour saves, has a 12" move, 12" assault, and 6" blood rage, a 3+ save, an invunerable save... some ones pulling your leg, mate. that thing there is an ilegal daemon prince, not a berzerker.

regular khorne berzerker is a marine with an extra attack, runs d6" towards the enemy on a 1 or 2 and is fearless. oh, and has access to a thing thats like a choppa.... no 30" moves. no power weapons (unless they're champions with access to the armoury) and just a 3+ save.

get the rulebook, and hit your friend over the head with it.

worst race? Hmm. necrons can be powergamed to destroy tau, but this army is not really feasible in a tourney, and there are ways to get around them.
toughest race/ there is none. toughest enemy is that of a lucky general who is extremely competent.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 25 Dec 2005, 16:57   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastMaster
I say chaos.* The khorne bezerkers I've fought are great at close combat, they ignore regular saves, etc.* And, they have the option of moving 30 inches in one turn.* Allowing them to get close up REALLY fast.* They have a 3+ regular save, and incase thats blocked, or failed, they get a 4+ invulnerable save.* Allowing them to only lose... 1 or 2 beserkers per turn to my whole squad of firewarriors.* 1-2 out of 8 in a 400 point match.* so they get up real close, with 5-6 troops still left.* The only reason I won that match was because my commander got 4 lucky hits in CC, and an invulnerable 4+.
khorne berzerker that ignores armour saves, has a 12" move, 12" assault, and 6" blood rage, a 3+ save, an invunerable save... some ones pulling your leg, mate. that thing there is an ilegal daemon prince, not a berzerker.

regular khorne berzerker is a marine with an extra attack, runs d6" towards the enemy on a 1 or 2 and is fearless. oh, and has access to a thing thats like a choppa.... no 30" moves. no power weapons (unless they're champions with access to the armoury) and just a 3+ save.

get the rulebook, and hit your friend over the head with it.

worst race? Hmm. necrons can be powergamed to destroy tau, but this army is not really feasible in a tourney, and there are ways to get around them.
toughest race/ there is none. toughest enemy is that of a lucky general who is extremely competent.

yeah, i now remember me playing at a teaching corner at a tournie and they can't move 30" and also invunerable save dude. you have been punk'd.

The person you're playing with and the way they and you use the army is always the toughest enemy.

But sometimes, an army is somehow primed tokill a particular race unconsciously.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Closed Thread