Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Premier of the Sai'sho sept- Seeing the fluff works or not for my army
View Poll Results: Which would you rather prefer for the race of a tau commander?
human 5 33.33%
tau 8 53.33%
kroot 2 13.33%
others 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 24 Dec 2005, 18:56   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Premier of the Sai'sho sept- Seeing the fluff works or not for my army

I don't know whether this is a fluff or what, always changing the post title and stuff. Since this is a Tau thing, so I'm posting it here.Enjoy

Sai'sho sept

This new Fire caste world is located at a volcanic planet, the warriors are known to be very hardy and hot-headed, but yet calm and practical. . The sept was founded by an Ethereal by the name of Aun'o D'aim Mond'usta, which describe the world as a'hard, unforgiving place to live but yet very beautiful' and thus named the world according to those words.The colours of this sept is black which symbolises the unforseen sorrows of war and red, the colour of the chaos within a battle. Close to the borders of the Tau empire, this sept have seen many unforgiving battles between the race of Man and Orks, each a savage storm which the Fire warriors on this sept is always there to stop it.

Shas'o Sai'sho Vin's S'en'shi
Also known as Commander Nova Lance, He is feared by his enemies and he is revered by his allies. But unknown to his enemies, he is not a Tau.Born a human, he have seen the horrors of war ever since he could remember. He was found by a patrol force led by Shas'el Tash'var Or'es Kauyon Mal'caor standing in the pile of human remains, possibly his kin. But, the child did not cry, but looked at the Shas'el with* cold ,lonely blue eyes. The commander took him as his own. Ever since he joined the Fire Caste, Vin's is alway known as a practical and calm commander and when he is on the battlefield, he is as vicious as 10 orks. Thus when the Sai'sho sept needed a reliable commander with a killer instinct, they called him in. And as of now, he is still leading the sept's cadre at the age of 25.

Sowamba Kindred
Discovered by the forces of Commander Nova Lance while stopping by at the planet Destya, the Kindred was at the time separated from the main kroot systems and is under heavy attack by the orks. The scouts of the Sai'sho sept told the commander about it and the commander decided to help them since the Sai'sho sept hunter cadre is the closest and also interested to know about this kindered that the Tau never knew existed. As he landed on the main camp of the kroots, the tribe at first was suspicious of the newcomers. But after a lenghty talk, the kindred finally allied with the Tau forces and started to attack the Ork encampment. The fieldcraft and courage of the kindred impresses the commander and after the culling of the orks, the Shaper of the owamba Kindred, Utonbo finally decided to lend his warriors exclusively for the Sai'sho sept.

Soo......what do you guys think about this? :-\

I think it still need something else. But the idea of a Human Crisis suit pilot is cool ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 24 Dec 2005, 19:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Premier of the Sai'sho sept- Seeing the fluff works or not for my army

Just one thing: A human commander would probably be referred to as "gue'vessa 'o", or "human general". Other than that, sounds pretty good.

But prepare for a storm of fanboys.....
Old 24 Dec 2005, 19:05   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Premier of the Sai'sho sept- Seeing the fluff works or not for my army

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
Just one thing: A human commander would probably be referred to as "gue'vessa 'o", or "human general". Other than that, sounds pretty good.

But prepare for a storm of fanboys.....
Oh yeah. But I make him an adopted son, so that will do the trick I guess.

And yeah, I'll have many criticism about a Human commander. Bring on the critics and the believers(I think)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 24 Dec 2005, 19:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeh, pretty good. *But the commander, as wormy said, would probably be reffered to as a regular human would be to the tau. *Oh, and I believe I hear the fanboys coming.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 02:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Nah, we fanboys won't bother to dignify this insane idea with a response. :P
Old 25 Dec 2005, 04:44   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
Nah, we fanboys won't bother to dignify this insane idea with a response.* :P
Lol! Perhaps the human is just too much huh? Maybe i should change this dude into a tau.

Shas'o Sai'sho Vin's S'en'shi .
Also known as Commander Blue Nova Lance, He is feared by his enemies and he is revered by his allies. But unknown to his enemies, he is not a Tau.Born a human, he have seen the horrors of war ever since he could remember. He was found by a patrol force led by Shas'el Tash'var Or'es Kauyon Mal'caor standing in the pile of human remains, possibly his kin. But, the child did not cry, but looked at the Shas'el with* cold ,lonely blue eyes. The commander took him as his own. Ever since he joined the Fire Caste, Vin's is alway known as a practical and calm commander and when he is on the battlefield, he is as vicious as 10 orks. Thus when the Sai'sho sept needed a reliable commander with a killer instinct, they called him in. And as of now, he is still leading the sept's cadre at the age of 25

Lte's see.. ah!

Shas'o Sai'sho Vin's S'en'shi .
Also known as Commader Blue nova lance,he is feared by his enemies and revered by his allies. Ever since he could remember, He have seen the horrors of war first hand. He was found by a patrol force led by Shas'el Tash'var Or'es Kauyon Mal'caor standing in the pile of brutally mangled Tau remains, possibly his kin. But the child did not cry, but looked at the Shas'el with very cold, lonely, eyes. Amazed by the child, he took him in as his own .Ever since he joined the Tash'var sept, Vin's is alway known as a practical and calm soldier and when he is on the battlefield, he is as vicious as 10 orks. Thus when the newly-formed Sai'sho sept needed a reliable commander with a killer instinct, the Tau send him there to lead the Sept and that time he war only 19 human years old. And as of now, he is still leading the sept's cadre at the age of 25 human years old.

That ought to do the trick. But i still prefer Human but with the tau fire caste name. It is logical I guess to name a child according to the parent's family name(in this case caste and sept). so..... what do you guys think? plausible?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 25 Dec 2005, 05:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Human commanders are just cool... Tau are vaguly humanoid, just as Humans a Taoid... I don't see why they couldn't pilot it.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 25 Dec 2005, 05:53   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Human commanders are just cool... Tau are vaguly humanoid, just as Humans a Taoid... I don't see why they couldn't pilot it.
Thanks Mechtau.

I mean, can't a human pilot one? and if the size is just too small for a human, wouldn't they make it bigger or something?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 25 Dec 2005, 21:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like the idea of a Human commander, it would help us better relate to our own armies. I don't know if other tau would take him seriously as a commander though, you should say something about him being promoted to leading that particular sept because the original commander died and he took the initiative to lead the sept. You should also state that he would be an exceptional commander because of all the abuse he would have taken from other tau because he is human ( its my opinion that tau don't see humans as equals because they call them Gue'vessa, its sort of degrading).
Old 25 Dec 2005, 21:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like the human in a crisis suit alot. That's something I've always wondered. How many crisis suits and such aren't piloted by the Tau. Are there some say Nicassar just making the suits hover, humans trying to work them, etc. I always wondered, never asked...
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Closed Thread