Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Played my first real game
Closed Thread
Old 22 Dec 2005, 12:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Played my first real game

1850. Cleasnse, gamma. Dawn was in effect(night fight first turn)

My army roughly

Etheral, 2 shield drones.

3 helios suits

2 deathwind suits

6 stealthsuits

2 units of 12 firewarriors

15 kroot

Pathfinders(8) devilfish, 4 seekers

2 broadsides, sheildgenerators

Hammerhead, decoy launchers, railgun, SMS

Marines, roughly

Chaplin on a bike with toys.(joins bike squad)

serveal tac squads of 10(missle, plasmagun. plasmagun/cannon x2)

Scout squad, (4 sniper, 4 bolter srq, Hbolter)

bike squad with vet srg w/ power weapon(5 bikes, attack bike)

2 dreads, verneable(he has heed the wisdom of teh ancients(lascannon/missle. Assualt cannon)

Dev, 4 Hbolter in razorback with T-L Hbolter

Predannilator

Terrain was light, runined buildings.

His scouts infiltrated in the building accross from him(my left) while the kroot were in the quad in front of me in the open(because that quad had exactly one small building) the stealths behind the building, and teh pathfinders in the open allthe way right, with the devilfish behind the stealths.

He went first.

Turn one(for both of us)

Night fight meant no one could see pretty much anything. I think maybe I lost 2-3 kroot. THe bad news was, his chaplin, and bike squad turboed from all the way left to be half way to my lines. Assualt cannon dread move toward kroot again. Everyone holds on due to reroll with etheral.

Turn 2.

Marines:

blows the railgun off the hammerhead. kroot get killed to 4 men, as do one set of firewarriors. Bikes get withing inches of the farther firewarrior squad with a second turboboost.

Tau:

Uphill fight here. Helios drop behind bikes. Braodsides wipe out Pred. Pathfidners light up dread, 4 seekers later, dead dread. Kill maybe one or 2 marines elsewhere. Both firewarriors move up and reduce them, helios, despiet some good shooting(but bad to woudn rolls) reduce the squad down to chaplin, vet, attack bike. Helios moves back to tempt him with a target, but it means he'd have to move away from me, into the scout quad.

Turn 3:

Marines:

Chaplin crashed into my lines. of the larger fire warriors, kill everyone in the kill zone(are we really suprised?). Break check, passes. Reroll, fails. they run. leaving him in my lines in the open. His firepwoer kills off kroot and the smaller firewarrior squad. And get LOS to one helios, instant killing it.

Tau:

Make it or break it time. Pathfinders have LOS. Mark the squad for 4. Helios moves up, plasma have 2 shots, so we uses 2 of teh marks. Both hit, both wound, dead attack bike. Stealths shoot, kill the vet. Broadsides turn, use the last 2 marks, 2 hits, 2 wounds, one failed armor save, one dead Chaplin.

Turn 4:

Marines:

Cat and mouse time. he has no real mobility any more, so he shoots what he can see. The broadsides in cover take some heavy weapons, but easily pass them all. He takes 4 pathfinders out dead.

Tau:

Stleaths move back into across quad. Pathfinders have had enough, climb back into devilfish to hold that quad. Broadsides take out other dread. Hammer head has been moving towards scout quad.

Turn 5:

Marine:

More cat and mouse. Scouts get the helios suits in combat and take them down. Some marines start moving but not much else.

Tau: snipe the Plasmacannon off one squad(3 stealth in range of 2 marines, you can only kill whats in range). One more squad is reduced to less than half, one less marine squad to worry about.

Turn 6:

Not much else, otehr than pot shots at each other. Stun the razorback. He's been shooting the Broadsides, but either out of range or they pass all their saves. HAmmer head contests scout quad. His Dev squad fails to see stealth unit.

Game over:

He owns his quad. I own my quad and the one across from me(with stealths and pathfinders) The quad to my right is contested with hammerhead, scouts and marine squad.

VP's end up 800 for him, 1100 for me. We hold that ground.

Rough game. I felt I was fighting uphill until the bikes were gone, then I could make him play to my tune.

I liked the helios suits. Deathwind didnt do much, but thats more due to poor placement and then ended up moving around cover to get better shoots.

Old 22 Dec 2005, 14:30   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Played my first real game

Sounds like you have a fun game

Just like you i like the Helios config. Most of the times my 3 space marine opponents use terminators, and terminators die hard to plasma fire

Just one thing. It,s not clear from your description but u used 2 markerlight hits to let 2 shots from 1 plasma rifle hit on a 2 + right...

See you don't have to do that because 1 markerlight hit let's you make 1 weapon system hit on a 2+ regardless of shots fired. So you can use 2 markerlight hits to produce 4 shots from plasma rifle that all hit on a 2+..
Old 22 Dec 2005, 14:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator
Sounds like you have a fun game

Just like you i like the Helios config. Most of the times my 3 space marine opponents use terminators, and terminators die hard to plasma fire

Yeah. I'm considering doing another unit of them. Or I just might do burstcannon/flamer for serious harrassment. I can see a good use for deathwind, but it didnt come about.

Quote:
Just one thing. It,s not clear from your description but u used 2 markerlight hits to let 2 shots from 1 plasma rifle hit on a 2 + right...

See you don't have to do that because 1 markerlight hit let's you make 1 weapon system hit on a 2+ regardless of shots fired. So you can use 2 markerlight hits to produce 4 shots from plasma rifle that all hit on a 2+..

Sorry about that: I used 2 marklights to allow 2 helios suits one shot each. They were within 24", but not within 12"(otherwise I'd have dumped the fusion blaster shot into them as well). So I used 2 markerlights to allow the 2 suits plasma guns one shot each.

Make more sense?
Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:45   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Congrats on your first game. Just have mine a few days ago, mix between real and proxy worth 1000 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Someone smack me with a 2x4. Reworking the army for later, I've discovered that I've played a 1850pt game with 1500 pts......

I need to bring a calculator next time.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 17:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So if you played with 350 points less than you should have, I think it's safe to say you would have crushed him into the dirt (not just won the game, but really won it )
Old 22 Dec 2005, 17:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauplayer
So if you played with 350 points less than you should have, I think it's safe to say you would have crushed him into the dirt (not just won the game, but really won it )

Yes that is true you beat your opponent with less points than you were allowed,

Well as long as you have fun it doesn't matter who wins or loses but, congratulations all the same!

It seems you also learnt how to improve on your army and learn new tactics, better than I did but then again it was MEANT to be 750 points and he had 1000 and his idea of an inch is our idea of a foot... >

but well done (again!)
Old 22 Dec 2005, 17:13   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmachu
Someone smack me with a 2x4. Reworking the army for later, I've discovered that I've played a 1850pt game with 1500 pts......

I need to bring a calculator next time.
SMACK!(with big paper fan ala anime)

You played with an army that is meant for a 1500points? Dude you are good!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 22 Dec 2005, 17:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

No more likely lucky.

IF I didnt stop the chaplin it was all over. Now granted, if I had the proper army(350pts easily buys a hammer head and 2 more FW squads), he could have smacked into my lines sooner with the bikes(since I would have had to spread out more).

Paul's always fun to play(my opponent) win lose or draw. He's the type that plays in character with his army, so when his marine srg is left all alone, instead of hiding him, he'll charge right in like a proper marine would do.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 18:08   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmachu
No more likely lucky.

IF I didnt stop the chaplin it was all over. Now granted, if I had the proper army(350pts easily buys a hammer head and 2 more FW squads), he could have smacked into my lines sooner with the bikes(since I would have had to spread out more).

Paul's always fun to play(my opponent) win lose or draw. He's the type that plays in character with his army, so when his marine srg is left all alone, instead of hiding him, he'll charge right in like a proper marine would do.
Well as they say 'sometimes luck is the only god(heard it from somewhere can't recall)

By the sound of it, Paul is a very honourable and good player.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Closed Thread