Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Changes for Tau
Closed Thread
Old 21 Dec 2005, 22:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Changes for Tau

With the new rule book coming out is there anything that you would liked fchanged in Tau. And no, a suxxorz close combat unit will never ever happen.

I got owned by Wargamer, crazedmongoose2003 in Br and finally the inquisition during April 1st.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 22:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Changes for Tau

DRONES! Make the drones take hits first. This B.S. about them still subject to the Mixed Armor rules is driving me mad. You can keep the majority toughness though ( ;D 2 shield drones and 3 Braodsides is all but inpeneterable >).

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 00:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

... New Codex, not New Rulebook. I can tell you now, I'm happy with what I've seen. Most things that we wanted changed are getting changed for the better (unsure about gun drones, but shield drones are meant to work as they should've now). The main things that needed fixing - drones and krootox. That's about it really. And they've been fixed apparently. The rest are just handy extra's.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 00:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, as a matter of fact I would... but just one thing...

I read in some Tau fluff somewhere that those Tau who were afflicted by the Mont'au were locked away somewhere... Beyond this I also read that those Tau who were afflicted by the Mont'au were unable to be controlled...

Meanwhile, the Blood Ravens have a whole sect of their warriors who are afflicted by the Black Rage...
The Blood Ravens deploy those afflicted with the black rage to the fron lines, as the black rage makes the Blood Ravens unstoppable killing machines at the expense of most of their mental cabilities...

What if there was something like a pentitent engine for the Tau... like for those afflicted with the aforementioned Mont'au...

hmmm...
Old 22 Dec 2005, 00:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Its blood angels not blood ravens and they are called the Death Company.

The Tau do not lock up anyone. This was mentioned in Firewarrior. Tau do not have jails, they pity and help those who do not fit in, not lock them up. Plus whether afflicted or no the Tau do not waste lives. The idea of a Tau penitent engine is just too far off.

Dont believe everything you read. Unless its official cannon GW material it does not count.

Old 22 Dec 2005, 00:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

As for one single Tau change I would like to see...

(My biggest wish...)

Variable Seeker Missiles

I'd like to see a few new Seeker missile types, that are different, but have different point costs and we can buy several of each type and fire them as normal. Examples of these changes:

Fusion Missile - Same thing as a Fusion blaster stat-wise, with a hefty price tag (probably double the normal seeker price, if not slightly more ~20-25 points?) and a limited number of missiles we can buy (0-1 ? 0-2 ?)

Cluster Missile - Basically a lower strength version of the seeker missile, with a lesser Ap value and a small blast template (S5, AP4, Blast for about the same cost as a seeker)

A simple update like that would give Fire Warriors a new role in the army and a new use. It would give Pathfinders something more interesting to do and it would decrease our dependency on Elites and Heavies to do any anti-tank work that we would want to do (at a higher and less reliable cost, but at least as an alternative).

More Kroot

Instead of silly Vespid and other "bug people" which are totally silly and have no place in my opinion in this army, I'd rather see a few Kroot options instead. I think it would be interesting to have a Fast Attack Kroot option that are not hounds (like Vulture Kindred) and normal Kroot as the Troop selection. I would rather see expantion on things we have rather than these totally new, left field things.... like wasp people who apparently kill marines.

Ethereal

I would like to see the Ethereal's rules updated. Things like Rites of Battle for the Space Marines are too good and the marines get them. The Ethereal of our codex is dripping with 3rd edition in mind. We need some kind of update for him to be worth taking now in 4th (don't get me wrong; he's useful, but not nearly as useful as they probably should be). At least some options for them would be interesting... but I suppose that's on the horizon as it is?

Cheers!
Old 22 Dec 2005, 01:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I really would like to take a power weapon on my shapers. My guard army's merc shaper has a handy-dandy eviserator that has done wonders for my kroot in HtH.

I'd also like to see a few more options for Gue'vassa. I think there are some really cool possiblities with them. Right now kroot are better in pretty much every way.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 02:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Besides the obvious ones (changes to Krootox, drones) they should include hard - wired shield generators on Commanders. (Not Shas'ui or Shas'vre). Although I realise this is never going to happen, a power weapon on a Shas'O (only) would be nice. It just pains me to see a mighty Battlesuit that towers above 8ft space marines unable to penetrate any kind of armour! At least give them an AP value.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 22 Dec 2005, 22:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yeah, I find myself tempted by O'Shovah sometimes just for the Monstrous rule.

but the Cyclical Ion Cannon (or whatever it's called) will be fun.... >

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 23 Dec 2005, 03:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I want a tank that isn't a skimmer! Maybe Gue'vesa or something. I can't remember all the times I've thought "I'll use my tank as mobile cover for my Battlesuit" and then remembered "oops, skimmers don't block line of sight".

Speaking of tanks, how about a tank with a high armour value, no weapons, but tons of fire points? A mobile bunker!

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Closed Thread