Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Doctrines
Closed Thread
Old 21 Dec 2005, 21:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tau Doctrines

Should the Tau have doctrines? The Imperial Guard and Space Marines have them, and doctrines can add to the customization of the army, and maybe even make Crisis Battlesuits more diverse, limiting some weapons and allowing others. It could also distinquish the different tactics of the septs like how the Imperial Guard regiments and Space Marine chapters are given specific doctrines in their codexes. Would Tau doctrines be something to consider?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 21:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Doctrines

That sounds interesting. I'm sorry to say that I don't really understand the doctrines rules, so I can't help to much, but it sounds cool.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 21:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Tau are extremely uniform compared to the Imperial Guard and Space Marines. *The differences between septs can already be created within the army list as-is. *The only Tau different enough to need any kind of alternate list are O'Shova, and he already has one.

So, my vote is no.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 21:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

The imperium has most of the galaxy in diversity... the tau have but a small corner. Doctrines would be unrealistic at best.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 21:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well there is NO balance between Farsight Enclaves and the Tau Empire. Besides having O'Shovah himself, Farsight Enclaves is inferior to the Tau Empire. Doctrines are suppose to make a balance between doctrined and vanilla. If Farsight had more bonuses, then I'd say ok. But as it is now, I'd want doctrines to represent it.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 21:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

To be fair, the list as it stands is probably enough to allow for Sept variations, depending on how you construct it.

For Dal'yth, load up on Gue'vesa and Kroot auxiliaries.

For Sa'cea, max out on Stealths and Broadsides.

For Vior'la, concentrate on Crisis teams.

For D'yanoi, go light on the fancy tech items (no rail rifles, less suits) and focus on mechanised Fire Warrior and Pathfinder teams. (if you want to rep the isolation period)

For Bork'an and Fal'shia, load up on the fancy tech upgrades for your units - loads of extra systems on your AVs, as well as hard-wired system on your suits.

For newly colonised worlds, bring out the Tetras and Piranhas - according to the Epic fluff, they are relatively rare on more established Septs.

Regarding the Crisis configs you take, use the examples of each Sept's famed weapon configs and operations when putting your teams together.

Gary

Gue'senshi: The 1st Kleistian Grenadiers(edited on 06 April 2006)
v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 02:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

you have to also realise that tau fire warrior units are made up of tau from different Septs, this however probably only happens during large military endeavors. the only changes i would ever expect is not in entire sept lists changing- which yes, can already be done- but commander doctrines.
they are always mentionion that there are drastic differences in the teachings of different septs when it comes to 'O training. i imagine that this would mean how they respond to problems and the like. i don't know how you would be able to convert this into game terms- but maybe in how Tau set up? or perhaps even deployment i don't know.
~good hunting
Old 22 Dec 2005, 02:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

It says in the codex that they are most often all from the same sept.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Old 22 Dec 2005, 02:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

if you read more then the codex you'll learn that tau coalition forces- used during invasions and commerce defence actions are made up from numerous septs. it is only Sept defence that tend to be firewarriors from the same sept.
~good hunting
Old 22 Dec 2005, 03:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Tau are far too uniform for that. The difference with Tau is not in the diversity (like planets for the Imperium) but the personal preference of the commander and the demands of the situation.

Doctrines though perhaps fun, would just not be correct given the fluff.

Closed Thread