Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Jungle Firewarriors
Closed Thread
Old 21 Dec 2005, 17:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Jungle Firewarriors

I just picked up some Tau from a friend, and I want to try and make them "Jungle Fighting Tau". However, I'm not sure how to paint them exactly. I have some general ideas, but can anyone who has shared this idea or even has a good suggestion try to enlighten me? I give thanks in advance.

-S_S
Old 21 Dec 2005, 17:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Re: Jungle Firewarriors

Well, start with an assload of Kroot, few vehicles+ suits, and small-fast moving squads of men, prolly 6-12. Also, Pulse Carbines would be a granted in jungle fights.

As for color scheme......clean patterns of geometric camoflauge, kinda what the US military is wearing today, the computer generated fabric design. Umm....no bright colors, no shiny metal bits...And idk, I'd probably put in a unit of Gue'Vesa modelled out of Catachan+Tau bits. Thats about all I can think of at the moment, but if I remember anything useful, I'll give you a heads up.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
Old 21 Dec 2005, 18:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Ha! My first FWs were jumgle Tau!

Spray paint black primer.

Paint all armour brown, paint parts of gun brown.

Now, paint some DA green over the totally brown armour in the right places (try to stay in the lines)

Finish the model by painting the helmet lens, scope on rifle, bolt in middle of rifle, and Tau symbol on shoulder whatever you want!

Quick and dirty, very effective.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 21 Dec 2005, 19:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Well, start with an assload of Kroot, few vehicles+ suits, and small-fast moving squads of men, prolly 6-12. Also, Pulse Carbines would be a granted in jungle fights.
Goodness no. Every Firewarrior squad should be mounted and kroot are not a nececity but can be fluffy. Ive played a number of jungle fight games and deffinetly NO carbines. The extra range and pinning will likely do you no good at all what so ever. When you have an effective range of 6" rapid fire, rapid fire, rapid fire all day long. Tanks are your friend. A pure mech army is very good in jungle fight as since we have skimmers we can simply float right over. So to translate that you want a mech built army. As a paint scheme a simple geometric pattern. Perhaps a dark brown fatigues with maybe light brown or dark green blocks of camo and a medium green for the armor with segments of lighter green and brown camo over top. For the tanks you could paint them like the tops of trees using a brush to simulate leaves in your strokes and dont mix colors fully so you have a variation of greens.

Old 21 Dec 2005, 20:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Oh.

Simply, if you are doing an actual jungle fight, Kroot are Gods. Take two 20 strong units. Your Fire Warriors should be mounted.

All suits are less than idea, they crash on a one while jetting, so walk with them... or find a quarter of the board without trees.

No Broadsides. All hammerheads should have SMS.

Kroot get a 4+ cover save, in super heavy jungle its 3+.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Closed Thread