Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels Help
Closed Thread
Old 20 Dec 2005, 20:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to gego_cybor1
Default Blood Angels Help

Hi I am going to be playing my friend who in about a month maybe 2. I would like to know a rough idea on how to go about destroying the Blood Angels for the Tau'va ;D

I do not know all the upgrades and stuff but this is a rough idea of his army list.

2 Librarians (Jetpacks)
2 Assault Squads (10 BA in each)
2 Scout Squads (5 I think? He is maxing out in every squad)

And I think a Death Company but I dont know what this is.

I would like to field a Mech Tau army list since so I can move around a lot because he gets his super long moving and assualt ranges. He is also taking a few plasma pistols to take out my tanks or heavy stuff.

His "plan" to kill me is to infiltrate his Scout Squads on eaither side of my army really close to me so that he can get into close combat with me as fast as he can. Once he gets into close combat my guys will not be able to shoot and he will come throught the middle with his Assualt Squads.

I am not sure what to field against this and I would appreciate any help or tactics I could use. I have around 2 months so just so I can buy whatever I need by then.

Thanks

Join the Tauonline Runescape Clan!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?board=90.0
I'm a Leader
Old 20 Dec 2005, 20:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Blood Angels Help

You would need expendable units like dornes and kroot. Tying up their expensive units is a good thing and you can pick them off easily. Crsis against plasma pistols are not good. I wouldn't recommend them. However, infiltrating stealthsuits supportted by 2- ionheads are good.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 20:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Load up on seeker missiles and ion heads. I would say about 9 missiles in a 100 point game paired with two ion-heads, one squad of warriors and some kroot. That should sort him out.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 21:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

His death company are some the the best assault units in whole game. not point for point, not for space marines, one of the best assault units in the game. My advice: Mechanize, kill everything with a jump pack.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 20 Dec 2005, 21:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by gego_cybor1
2 Librarians (Jetpacks)
2 Assault Squads (10 BA in each)
2 Scout Squads (5 I think? He is maxing out in every squad)

And I think a Death Company but I dont know what this is.

I would like to field a Mech Tau army list since so I can move around a lot because he gets his super long moving and assualt ranges. He is also taking a few plasma pistols to take out my tanks or heavy stuff.

His "plan" to kill me is to infiltrate his Scout Squads on eaither side of my army really close to me so that he can get into close combat with me as fast as he can. Once he gets into close combat my guys will not be able to shoot and he will come throught the middle with his Assualt Squads.
so, a death co., 2 librarians leading ass squads, and 2 scout squads. not too scary, by any stretch of the imagination. IO am far more scared of the 2 chaplain and death co. HQ unit. as it stands, it is half as scary as it could be.

look at his army. 5 units. one of them is generated pre-battle (death co.) you are facing 2 assault squads led by librarians, and 2 scout squads. plus a small death co. it will be small. if led by 2 chaplains each will get 3+d3 death co. marines plus whatever are generated pre battle. as it is now, its just what get generated. (on a roll of 6+, a member of a squad joins the death co.)

now, count them as an ass squad for now. you have 3 assault squads, and 2 scout squads. what can they do? the obvious answer is be really mean in cc. they lack any serious anti armour punch bar a maxed out 6 plasma pistols with libs and ass squads. throw in 2 scout rockets for fun. its not too much. only 2 should scare you at the start. the rockets. now, secondly, you face 4 units. it is so stupidly easy to concentratee your fire and wipe out one per turn if you know what you are doing. those ass marines are worse than useless against armour (hit on a 6 in cc. only way to do damage isa vet serge with a powerfist) unless they get rear armour, but as a smart general, you dont turn the fat ass of your tanks to face the assault marines! ;D the scouts could pound away with rockets, but if he insists on cc-ing them, he wont be taking rockets. playing into your hands.

now, look at the units individually.

librarians. kitted out for assault.
assault squads. kitted out for assault. chance of plasma pistols (limited anti armour)
scouts. weak. decent at close combat.

what to do? dont bother with static. go pure mech. stick everytihng in a devilfish, hammerhead, or crisis suit. Id happily take my 3 hammerhead, 2 devilfish FW squads and crisis suit commander against this list because i know he will have immense problems taking it on. and i lack any static elements he can tear through in cc. i am loaded to the gills with armour he cant easily destroy. and i pack enough firepower and mobility to put every shot into a single squad a turn, and wipe it out.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 20 Dec 2005, 22:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Deadnight is absolutely correct. Play your cards right and you have nothing to fear at all. The list Deadnight gave, 2 mounted squads, 3 Hammerheads and a crisis HQ would work very well. Ion Cannons would be better here as there are:

1, not many enemy units and no hordes so pie plates not that great.
2, no heavy tanks again no real use.

Now given he is using the tactics you said I would deploy on foot and give the Hammerheads or at least 1 or 2 SMS. Kill his scouts right away, even infiltrating if you place your troops right he wont be able to assault you first turn and will be left in the open. Even if he hides you have the SMS. Kill the scouts. That gets rid of his initial tie up unit and leaves the assault squads hanging in the open. Then it is up to you to determine whether you want to get off a round of long range shooting at the assaulters or load up and start to skoot. The plasma pistols will have a very small chance of taking out your devilfish and an even smaller chance of taking out the Hammerheads. With Ion Cannons and just the burst cannons and drones on the devilfish you should not have a problem blasting him apart. You can even dump out your troops bottom of the last turn (as you will likely go second) and rapid fire him if there is anything left.

If you make the crisis suite a helios Shas'O or a twin linked plasma rifle and fusion blaster armed shas'el you will have a nice backup unit capable of easily killing 2-3 marines a turn. Not bad given how few there are, his only problem will be staying out of assault but if you keep him dancing around your tanks that shouldnt be a problem. Alternately you can simply go with a Deathrain shas'el for simple long range hitting power to play it safe. Lastly you could just forego all battlesuits and use an etherial, attatch him to one of the FW squads and mount him up. Nothing but tanks skimming around against an enemy with next to no anti armor.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Old 20 Dec 2005, 22:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

STOP THE PRESS!

I just remembered something that was brought up in a similar thread a couple months ago: I believe that the chaplain is 0-1. That means that your friend is using an illegal list (I think).

Other than that, dead-knight's plan work just fine.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 22:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Three Hammerheads is insanely beardy... Take two if you need to.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 20 Dec 2005, 22:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
STOP THE PRESS!

I just remembered something that was brought up in a similar thread a couple months ago: I believe that the chaplain is 0-1. That means that your friend is using an illegal list (I think).

Other than that, dead-knight's plan work just fine.
Firstly, I've not heard that one before, but I think that you only get the d3+3 DC for the first chaplain, not the second.
Secondly, he's taking Librarians, not Chaplains.

EDIT: I just checked the GW site, the BA FAQ v.4.1 says that you can have two Chaplains and that they and "both their Death Companies" have to fight together.

I've created a new Manga/ Anime series.

In the near-future, the French police pilot giant robot suits to keep their country safe; they are...

GENDARME WING
Old 20 Dec 2005, 23:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh. Right. Library guys. I knew that *flicks the light and runs*.
Closed Thread