Warhammer 40K Forum

My Tau Campaign Idea.
Closed Thread
Old 19 Dec 2005, 22:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default My Tau Campaign Idea.

Tau campaign Fluff.

The tau have gain control of a new system where all the planets appear to be recovering from a series of horrific battles were there is real life to be found and seemed to be going though a Jurassic era. All but one planet, (insert name) is a near paradise & again apart from the lumbering tusked herbivores & flightless raptors* the planet was uninhabited. On first contact kroots were sent out by the hundreds to scout the plains.*

All seemed to be going fine until a strange number of disappearances occurred. The Kroot Shamans where reporting back to the Tau about the land being cursed as well as door ways to the spirit world. The Tau took no notice of these superstitions & continued to populate the planet.

In less than a year the planet had become a key part of the Tau Empire not only benefiting from the masses of resources but also had become the training grounds of a whole new fire cast legion (fire warriors in the thousands). Upon inspection of the northern barracks the (inspector) was shock to find nothing! The barracks was empty not a single warrior remained, and a full investigation begun. All the weapons, armour & those the warriors should had been wearing were accounted for. Nothing could explain what happened only the night before.

Over the following week the near by kroot tribes began to gather in the barracks try to persuade the tau that their men were consumed by Evil. On the seventh night after the incident the Kroot built a campfire & began to chant & prey to the spirits revealing the location of the lay line responsible for the incident. The tau discovering this energy believed just that, it was little more that a power source for them to harvest. The power now called “Psycie” was the prized by the (scientist’s) for who ever managed to harvest it first would become historical in the Empire & so work began.

The first experiments were disastrous with power cells either not obtaining anything to power cells exploding in their faces, & even the first successful test cost many lives as when they opened the lay line they had encountered a vicious red lion who tore many tau a sunder. A containment field was later built & just like before the beast emerged but was withered away to nothing. The experiment was a success & so began plans on a bigger containment unit.

In preparation of their new energy a Ziggurat was built to store the tremendous power of Psycie. The day came when the Engine was to be turn on; the energy started to surge & appeared a great snarling beast, which became outraged. The more power drained from him outraged the beast thither & became even more powerful than once before, and in a matter of minuets the power cells in the ziggurat were full & the beast broke free destroying the tower sending a psychic shock wave over the planet opening the many dormant lay lines causeing deamons to pass though at ease.

The Eldar who felt the shock wave came to aid the Tau in their efforts to close the lay lines & so begins the campaign….

To the warp this is a choice opportunity even more so to the word bearers. The Word bearers are not only the closest chaos legion but have gain Supremacy over the other legions by flooding the planet with deamons under their control… there motive is simple turn the planet into a physic nova. * much like the eye of terror but smaller.

Armies that can be used…

Tau
Kroot mercenaries
Eldar (vanilla)
Chaos; Word bearers

comments greatly acepted.

Diz
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 22:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: My Tau Campaign Idea.

Very interesting. I always wondered what the tau would do with psyker energy. Psycie is an interesting name for it.

Now, a few problems: I know that Kroot are viewed as lesser people and mercenaries, but I think would have paid some heed. Another thing, they probably would have been very suspicious of energies that sapped up man power. tau usually don't stay in one place where danger is immenent.

I'd think Tau would have stayed in orbit for a longer period of time, not colonising so soon. They have a habit of distancing themselves from danger.

You could make this a two or three stage campaign.

1: Inspection

Kroot and/or Suit battles vs. chaos (and corrupted tau!) that build up larger and larger - the tau want this planet for its resources, and for the tau'va, theyr'e gonna get it!

2: Corruption Within

Tau v. Tau and Chaos v. Tau matches as the colonised tau now try to defend their new home vs. the forces of chaos and their own corrupted men

3: The Cleansing

Eldar v. Tau and Eldar and Tau v. Chaos as the Dying move to save the star system from the threat the Young have unleashed

Besides that the campaign sounds fun. Very dramatic.

Old 20 Dec 2005, 08:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sounds good, but one major problem.

There is no such thing as Kroot Shamans.

How about you have the item they are experimenting on as a Webway? They do random experiments, accidentally breach the walls of the Webway (leading to the Warp), and then the Eldar come to defend their world.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 20 Dec 2005, 12:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

Sorry I should have mentioned earlier that my tau history is lacking & I need Input to tailor my fluff accordingly.
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Closed Thread