Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Representing Commanders
Closed Thread
Old 19 Dec 2005, 01:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Representing Commanders

How does everyone represent Commander models?

Do you just make the helmet a different colour, or do you feel the need to heavily convert your Shas'O?

Just for the record, here's a quote from another post I made about my Tau Commander.

My Commander, although not painted excellently, is pretty cool. He's using a custom built flight stand to fly above a Space Marine Commander (On the base) shooting a plasma rifle in the gap between his shoulder and his head, and coming out his back. (I actually modelled the plasma). I'm still trying to figure out how to make blood come out the SM's back.

As for the commander himself, I've added an Iron Halo onto his Missile Pod (for hitting people with) and got three claws of a lightning claw coming out of his shield generator on his plasma rifle arm. (Kind of like Maiev's weapon if anyone here plays Warcraft 3). I've also got sensor spines on his back, and plans for a banner dangling from one of the spines.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 19 Dec 2005, 01:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: Representing Commanders

If I had lots of bitz, I might do some conversion work, but for now I've just got a different head color. I might use the new commander heads if they look any good... we'll see.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 02:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm currently on the 3rd incarnation of my commander.

The first was just a suit in a dramatic flying pose and medal kinda thing. He now serves as a team leader

2nd generation was a suit in a dynamic "foot on rocks" kinda pose with big shield

newest one is a FW XV89 with bent plasticard tabard. Working on a custom shield generator for him as well as some other toys.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 19 Dec 2005, 02:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

My commander unlike the other suits in my army is in Helios configuration, has an entirely different paint scheme. He is also flying where the others arent. His back was a little deformed so I pasted a spare pulse carbine to either side to cover the crack. So he is slightly different in pretty much every way. Works well. I may change him when the new commanders come out and retire the old model but thats all Ive got for now. My ability to convert is almost nil atm.

Old 19 Dec 2005, 04:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

-Vash

Well, if half of your battle reports are halfway true (please forgive me. on so many levels) then that model has had a very good run and is ready to retire.

-Faolin (topic starter)

I intend to use a forge world crisis suit with some of the panels picked out in black and red. I have't quite decided which yet though (dey is all so pretty! :P)
Old 19 Dec 2005, 04:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
-Vash

Well, if half of your battle reports are halfway true (please forgive me. on so many levels) then that model has had a very good run and is ready to retire.
No problem, I get your point, thanks for the compliment. Yes that is true, he has had a very good run so far. I am wondering when his luck will run out. Im shocked at how many near death instances he has had yet still he has yet to die. Thats not even counting his record of kills... yea deffinetly earned retirement.

I just hope the new command suits are good, if not Ill purchase something from forgeworld. Thats always a nice way to make your commander stick out.

Old 19 Dec 2005, 06:49   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_vilest_worm
-Vash

No problem, I get your point, thanks for the compliment. Yes that is true, he has had a very good run so far. I am wondering when his luck will run out. Im shocked at how many near death instances he has had yet still he has yet to die. Thats not even counting his record of kills... yea deffinetly earned retirement.

I just hope the new command suits are good, if not Ill purchase something from forgeworld. Thats always a nice way to make your commander stick out.
by the sound of it vash your commander is one lucky son of a gun. . and maybe it is not his time to die yet. or maybe fate has planned him for a fight where his death will be like boromir from lotr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 07:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for that people.

I once saw a really awesome looking Farsight Enclave Tau army on the Internet. (I would post pics but I would probably get smited for copyright) The owner had actually made fingers on all his crisis suits, and gave them massive swords and spears and things (most of which seemed to be based on the Dawn Blade). Needless to say, it looked awesome. O'shovah himself was the least impressive model there. That's what inspired me to give my commander close combat weapons.

Just thought I'd mention it.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 19 Dec 2005, 07:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

i don't know if anyone knows this- but they're making a tau commander model (without the suite) to represent the crisis pilot ejected, thats what i thought this post initially was.
as for my Shas'o since you guys are all listing yours, i use a modified FW one- the shield is the only thing i ever make more fancifull- don't do the whole cc weapons thing...
to each his own
~good hunting
Old 19 Dec 2005, 07:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Maybe, Ive been thinking of possible fluff.

I think Ive seen that army, were the legs also inverted and strengthened and the jet packs turned around and mounted on the shoulders?

Google... searching... searching... ah this:

http://ylva.sverok.net/wh40k/armeer/SaloTau/

Closed Thread